Jerome's Switcher Roster

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
if you could jerome. Im sure most of the original factory stuff is doable, but its always nice to upgrade to better stuff.
 


Brad and I were talking about Detail Associates whip antennas the other day. Here's an easy way to make a reasonably nice looking antenna that won't break off. The antenna base has a nub in the center of it. slice that off. Drill a #80 hole in it. Get a new nylon paint brush from Lowes, Home Depot etc. Cut off some ends. Then glue them into the hole with a little CA glue. Here's the un-painted version.

100_1113.jpg


Good for lots of units, SP especially, and all of the newer remote controlled units out there.
 
if you could jerome. Im sure most of the original factory stuff is doable, but its always nice to upgrade to better stuff.

Steve, here's the SW9 I received today in the mail.

100_1114.jpg


I don't have a prototype for this unit that I want to build yet but, I can tell the grab irons, long side railing and bell have to go. They are all plastic and way out of shape for my taste. The rest of the details don't look too bad. It will depend on what unit I decide to make out of it, what will stay and what will go. I do like the treadway and steps, they have great detail to them.
 
Jerome, i got my NKP SW9 thursday. The long railing on the hood is so warped it's not even funny.
What have people done to fix this?
 


Ill further derail your thread with questions as well. :D

Ever done a TEBC6? Ive had this idea on the back burner for awhile now, and any ideas where to start from? I know they were built from SD9s, but have no clue what to do about the hood or Cab. *not my picture

2572.1234774194.jpg
 
Ill further derail your thread with questions as well. :D

Ever done a TEBC6? Ive had this idea on the back burner for awhile now, and any ideas where to start from? I know they were built from SD9s, but have no clue what to do about the hood or Cab. *not my picture

2572.1234774194.jpg

No, never seen that one before. SD9 frame and sill, so you have to start there. Everything else has to be kitbashed.
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top