Jerome's Switcher Roster

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry Jim, guy sold a bunch of nice engines on hoyardsale very cheap. I only got this one. There was 3 others I would have gotten, but I wasn't fast enough.
 
Well I got another one in the mail today. A NIB BN P2K SW8/900/600 for $20. I don't know why they would list is as being a 900, they all had 2 exhaust stacks. I'll settle for an SW6 or SW8. Not sure if it'll survive in BN colors either. Have to see what paint schemes they had for them. I will say, it is a very detailed little critter. Even comes with sunshades, all weather windows, spark arrestor and MU stands.

101_0720.jpg


Ahhhh So your the one that got to that and the GP9 before I did! LOL.
 


Well I got another one in the mail today. A NIB BN P2K SW8/900/600 for $20. I don't know why they would list is as being a 900, they all had 2 exhaust stacks. I'll settle for an SW6 or SW8. Not sure if it'll survive in BN colors either. Have to see what paint schemes they had for them. I will say, it is a very detailed little critter. Even comes with sunshades, all weather windows, spark arrestor and MU stands.
Great deal! I just snagged the 9 Greenville hoppers to paint up for QHS, my dad's railroad. That'll bring him up to 11 rock cars (know in other mining regions as ore cars). They'll be QHS 2100-2110, #'s 2100 & 2101 are in the paint booth right now.

For people who do not know of this group, check it out:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HOYARDSALE/

Also:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NScaleYardSale/

And 2 lesser known ones:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Model_Railroad_Sales/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/1-87scalevehiclesales/

**Return to your regularly scheduled topic...**
 


OK, some progress on the 3 CF7's I'm doing up for the A&P. These were the older RPP shells. So I ordered 3 sets of fans from Athearn and replaced them.

The older style ugly fans.
101_0737.jpg


Holes drilled in them.
101_0738.jpg


Fans completely removed.
101_0740.jpg


New fans installed.
101_0743.jpg


Now off to the paint shop with them................
 
Jerome, I was just wondering what brand or make you use for your all weather windows on your Athearn SW1500's? I ordered two undecorated versions of the SW1500, but I am not sure what comes in the box as far as options.
 
Thanks Jerome. The Details West are the ones I was looking for. The CF7 looks great. Do you bend your own grab irons or do you order them from Details West?
 
Thanks Jerome. The Details West are the ones I was looking for. The CF7 looks great. Do you bend your own grab irons or do you order them from Details West?

Brad, you mean (window) Detail Associates right?? LOL The grabs on the CF7's are made by Tichy. Mark sent me a big bag of them. I use Tichy, Details Associates, any I can find. I got through quite a few of them around here. :rolleyes:
 
Brad, funny you should ask that. Yesterday she got a new coat of Southern Pacific Dark Lark gray paint. I missed a few areas under it so I have to do some touch up on it. Here's how it looks right now.

101_0744.jpg


You can see the next one in the background. It was a real basket case, Many years of abuse on it.
 


Jerome, you posted in the for sale section a Rio Grande engine, what type of putty did you use to fill the horn hole on that model? I think it was a green color. That might come in handy, i've used layers of CA to fill holes, and that was time consuming and a mess.

I didn't want to hijack that thread so I'll post it here!

Thanks, Jason
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top