Jerome's Switcher Roster

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Duane, Thank you. Matches my GP-60 fleet. ;)

100_1747.jpg
 
that's a lot of GP60s.

Big-D, tooter y'all must need to adjust your color settings or something, looks maroon here
 
that's a lot of GP60s.

Big-D, tooter y'all must need to adjust your color settings or something, looks maroon here

Duane, I gotta agree with you. I look at them everyday here in the office. Sure look maroon to me!!! LOL

That's not all of the GP-60's, I have 4 in a gray/black scheme, and then 12 more in different RR schemes.
 


Wow, that's a lot of GP60s. I only have one, but it's P2K. It runs pretty good. It also runs well with others even though it's a P2K
 
OK, I need a little help identifying this one. I'd say something made by Alco or Baldwin, but I haven't come across it yet. Also the manufacturer, there is nothing on the bottom.

101_0642.jpg


101_0641.jpg


101_0640.jpg
 
ALCo c-415


Got a pic with the shell off?

Ethier Mehanotenika or AT&T. Only ones I could find that made this unit.


Not alot actually made in the real world. The engines sucked I guess so they ran in pairs hopeing one kept running to finish the run. lol
 
Last edited by a moderator:
If its not brass (which it looks like its not) its most likely an ATT model. I have about 6 of them. I am also in the process of making the Hi-ad trucks that some of the 415's had.
 
Well it's apart and I started to detail it. First thing was to cut off the truck mounted couplers, then build a pilot for it. Added a few basic details to it also.

101_0643.jpg


101_0644.jpg


101_0646.jpg
 


I might test the engine that came with it. The motor is a vertical mount in 1 truck. It has like 5 geared axles all in one truck with traction tires. Probably not a good runner.
 
Your model looks good! If you do re-power it, post photos here of how you did it. I have 6 of them i need to redo.
 
OK, latest details added to it. Making it an old school SP style. Added the SP light package, Horn, Bell, Sunshades, armrests, and fuel tank brackets.

101_0652.jpg


101_0653.jpg


As for re-powering it. Mark asked the same question. I just grabbed a set of Athearn GP trucks to see if they fit. They match wheel to wheel. So there is a possibility to re-power it with Athearn motor and trucks. Only trick now is the frame. This one is all plastic, not sure it would hold up with a motor mounted to it.

101_0655.jpg
 
I've got one of those in Burlington Northern. I'm scraping up some material, I'm going to make a new brass frame for it and use a pair of Atlas/Roco trucks. Probably make new wire handrails.

I'm looking forward to getting started, but probably won't be real soon.

Herman
 
Jerome,

IHC, a few years ago, remade this locomotive with a can motor and all 8 wheel drive. I just checked eBay, there is 1 on there for $44.99 I typed in their search engine c-415. It is in an Erie-Lackawanna scheme.

Now, in real life, there were only 26 of these units built. The Rock Island had 10, the Southern Pacific had 10, the Spokane, Portland & Seattle had 2, which after merging into the Burlington Northern went there, the Monogahelia Connecting had 1, the Chehalis Western had 1, and the Columbia & Cowlitz had 1. The original demonstrator from ALCO went down under to Hammersly Iron in Australia and still survives today as a museum piece.

There are still a few in service around the USA today. Most that are in service are former SP units. There are ony 2 that survive from the Rock Island's 10. 1 is owned by the Buffalo Southern and the other is sitting on a siding in Morris, Kansas. Just my 2 cents worth, they both need to be in museum's somewhere.

Enough rambling about my favorite locomotive and thanks for taking the time to listen. :)

Regards,
 
The EX CWRR one exists still but is not functional. The 2 EX: CLC units are in service in Iowa i believe.
 
Yesterdays progress...........added grab irons to the front of both sides of the cab, air tank lines, added coupler pockets and removed the huge stock handrails.

101_0656.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top