Jerome's Switcher Roster

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice work as always. Sure is odd with a horn at each end. The only engines I have ever seen that on are a EX: FEC GP40 that PSAP has. Not sure what the point of 2 horns is either.
 
The purpose of having two horns is so that you can have directional horns, especially if they are small 3-chimes like K3LAs.
 
More progress on the CSOR twins (coupler bars, steps), . At a stop for now until I get the rest of the parts in.

101_0991.jpg
 


More progress on the CSOR twins (coupler bars, steps), . At a stop for now until I get the rest of the parts in.

Jerome, I know the feeling.:(
I finally got the rest of the detail parts yesterday (ditch lights, drop steps, a/c unit & MU stands) only to forget the mini connectors to wire up the ditch lights!:eek: Back to the LHS this afternoon!!!
Someday I'll have my GP38-3 done (I started this lil bugger a month before I moved!).
gp38-3.JPG
 
Nice looking models guys. When you mount your lift bars Jerome do you use the plastic mounts that come with the bars or do you use metal lift rings for the mounts? Looks like Karl uses the lift rings, so just wondering what method you prefer.

Looking at Karl's picture, I have to ask how you mount the drop step if you have the tread plate all the way to the front edge. If I slide the stock drop step under the plate it will not function into the up postition. Is there an after market step that offers an offset that extends to step out from under the tread plate so that it functions correctly?
 
Karl, that 38-3 looks really good. What did you use for the horn stand?

Brad, I use Plano metal life rings now. I used to use the DA ones, but the Plano are much smaller and look better I think.

http://www.planomodelproducts.com/p14651-l.jpg

As for the drop step, I've never done one for the RTR version with the tread kit. Your the pioneer on that one, so you'll have to let us know what works best. ;)
 
This little critter was delivered today. It'll need the paint stripped, then correct details added to it. Another project for down the road.

101_0993.jpg


101_0992.jpg
 
Karl, that 38-3 looks really good. What did you use for the horn stand?

Brad, I use Plano metal life rings now. I used to use the DA ones, but the Plano are much smaller and look better I think.

http://www.planomodelproducts.com/p14651-l.jpg

As for the drop step, I've never done one for the RTR version with the tread kit. Your the pioneer on that one, so you'll have to let us know what works best. ;)

Do you use those to attach coupler lift bars as well as using them as actual lift rings?

Also, are the Plano rings to be used individually or do you have to fold the two halves together?

Also, what is that critter? It looks weird.
 
This little critter was delivered today. It'll need the paint stripped, then correct details added to it. Another project for down the road.

101_0993.jpg


101_0992.jpg

UGH! I WANT! I bid on a VERY nicely done one a couple years ago but another forum meber sniped me on it :D

(I wonder if he'd trade a super detailed Bachmann Centennial for it???) :cool:
 


I grew up around them in Stockton yard. I hated that many WP SW9's ended up as "Franken Switchers", but they were good engines. I liked them.

I think it might have been James that sniped that one I bid on. :D I'd recognize his avatar. Oh well, one day maybe I'll get up the courage to build one myself or find someone who would build me one for a price.
 
Who me? Muuuuuuuu hahahahahah ah ah ah aaaaaah! The evil UP sniper lives on for another day for the next prized UP
LocomotivE!!!!


I have 3 of them ;-) all nicely detailed and custom paint.....of course Jerome knows about the one that got away....
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Karl, that 38-3 looks really good. What did you use for the horn stand?

They horn stand is just a piece of Plastruct angle, cut to fit with the edges beveled slightly to fit

Got the last part today, maybe I'll get a chance this weekend to finish it!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Do you use those to attach coupler lift bars as well as using them as actual lift rings?

I use them for both. The plastic ones are just too fragile, and I've never had much luck with the cast brass ones either.
If I were trying to build a contest winner, I might try something else, but these look fine to my eyes and seem to hold up in the real world. Fingers, carrying cases and other hazards can be really cruel to detail parts.:eek:
 
Who me? Muuuuuuuu hahahahahah ah ah ah aaaaaah! The evil UP sniper lives on for another day for the next prized UP
LocomotivE!!!!


I have 3 of them ;-) all nicely detailed and custom paint.....of course Jerome knows about the one that got away....

James, isn't it about time you put a photo of your line-up on here??? hint hint hint!!!!! ;)
 
I would be glad to do that but at the moment I am back to work on a new job adventure after being unemployed for a year and being humbled beyond my comprehension at times. So any how I am out on job training and won't be back to florida (home currently) for another 2 weeks. Been out alreAdy foR 6 Weeks With no R&R BUT I have seen a lot of the country and various railroads a real plus!

By the I may be moving to either NC near Ashville, upstate NY or upstate MI.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


I would be glad to do that but at the moment I am back to work on a new job adventure after being unemployed for a year and being humbled beyond my comprehension at times. So any how I am out on job training and won't be back to florida (home currently) for another 2 weeks. Been out alreAdy foR 6 Weeks With no R&R BUT I have seen a lot of the country and various railroads a real plus!

By the I may be moving to either NC near Ashville, upstate NY or upstate MI.

Well James you get home safe and sound and in one piece, then we can worry about pictures. Real life comes first!!.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top