HOYARDSALES a Joke!!!!

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


I have been using HOYS since the beginning & have had no problem listing items. Any email address should be OK too.

Perhaps the OP should email the moderator DIRECTLY instead of complaining here and make his title line - ATTN: Moderator instead of FS.
 


rejoined

So i rejoined the group last nigth and was on there today and now I get home and I have been removed from the group. It is asking me to join again. Any ideas why this has happened?

Eric
 
Something about your email IP? I know that on some forums they have been getting hammered by spam posts that might be emanating from a specific IP address....

As to the spelling thing I've seen lots of postings there with spelling errors--that should not be the issue here....
 
Site issues

I doubt it would be from IP address. It is just really wierd how I was in the group last night and today im not. Oh well there is much more in the world to worry about other than a website.

Eric
 
Sure the Yahoo ID page has space for all kinds of info, but you don't need to fill any of it out, other than a word for your ID and your password. It will work without your real name, age, location, etc.; just leave them blank.

Don't know what you mean by "twelve addresses". Alternate e-mail addresses?

Well I finally got on! Whole new user ID and password, all the others (12) I tried were supposedly taken...
Had to fill in all the info tho, it got "redflagged" when I tried to bypass it.
So... I'm on, now what? How do I find you guys to know who I'm buying from?
 
So... I'm on, now what? How do I find you guys to know who I'm buying from?
That part's easy. You have to include your first and last name, but you can also add "AKA Rico from ModelRR Forums" to your signature.
 
I have bought a lot of locos and cars off of HOYS without any issues but I could do without "Media Weekend".
 


bought

I have bought off of there before and had no issues. It was only when I went to post for items I was looking for is when I had the issue. It seemed like since i didnt post every minor detail I was looking for that is the reason it didnt get posted. Of well. Wish I could close this topic cause seems people are having excellent results with the site and i have had horrible results from it. Must be me???

Eric
 
no! I had issues mostly things not to his liking so I sent him a email telling him where he could take my misspelled words and my smile face! It was long and somethings where misspelled on it too but ptsd when it kicks in you just got to go with it so no I like buying but not selling........;)
 
no. becase he just made me feel like he was my old teacher that was a spelling nazi and maybe the mood was right or he just got me at a bad time but he got my end of the deal. I just dont like being talk down to and thats how I felt about his email too me.
 
Actually I'm going to miss the media Weekend. Always looking for more books and fill the library.
Hmmm...... You know, there's no reason you can't start your own Media Yard Sale group on Yahoo. If it's printed, taped, video'ed, or photographed, it would be media. The only criteria I would suggest is that it be railroad-related.
I'd even be willing to bet Patrick would give you his blessing, and maybe an occasional plug on HOYS, just so he doesn't have to deal with it any more.
 
rejoin

Went again to rejoin the site and now I am banned. I plan on sending an email to the "moderator" to find out why I am banned. I would be interested to know why.
 
I'm no expert, but I would guess you calling HOYARDSALE a joke up here might be part of it. That, and joining and leaving then joining again kinda makes your address look more like a spam bot than a real person.
 


Other yahoo group selling/buying sites

Here's just a few alternative sites to HOYARDSALE:
Backshop
hoswap2
HOSWAPSHOP
Model_Railroad_Sales
trainsandstuff
Put "http://groups.yahoo.com/group/" in your browser (w/o "s) then the site name like this: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Backshop/
You'll have to join them & most have moderators that have to approve you. But those listed here are not as strict as HOYARDSALE. Some were even started because of problems w/ HOYARDSALE.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top