ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Hi Everybody!
I am starting a poll, I would like to know how many model railroaders are 35 and younger. I am curious after talking to an old man at the train club and he is worried about younger generations taking on model railroading. I'll go first. I am 25 and started doing this as a kid with my dad trying to finish his old layout that he built back in the 70s
I'm 23. Started model railroading when I was about 8 with my dad. Started custom painting my own engines and equipment when I was about 12. Started working on steam engines 6 years ago.
I am 20.
I am taking a break from the hobby though because of school.
I got into because my Grandpa and mom did it for a long time.
I am 23, ive been into this since i was 5.
31
have been into model trains from pre school days... Started my first real layout when I was about 10 and kept going
Damn... I just turned 35 this year. Yet another scheme to make me feel older.

31. I got into modelrailroading when I was 10 and have been doing it all this time.
I'm 22 but I'm pretty mature ( at times ). I've only been in the hobby for about a year but I remember my dad having a layout when I was young.
Im 27 Ive been playing with trains my whole life!!! 17 years seriously
I'm 28. I had a train set when I was younger. Just started seroius into it about 9months ago.
I think im the baby of the forum at 14. Now that i think about it though, there might be a kid here who is 12.
Anways im 14, 15 in a few weeks and had my first set at 4 or 5, got back into when i was 11 or 12.
Thirty two years old. I had them as a kid and rediscovered them after I got the girl! I've been modeling again for about four years now.
35 and just got back into model railroading a couple years ago. Had a small 4X8 when i was younger that my dad built. Funny I get back into model railroading and a month later my dad pulled his old layout back out from the garage so its been fun working together on our layouts.
55. Glad to see younger people posting. So much for all that "the hobby is dying" crap.
Inside every older person is a young person saying "WTH???"

25 had never wanted to go big till about a year ago.
25, I was into the hobby as a child, got out of it when I started racing karts/cars through my teens and just got back into it over the past year or so.
I see a lot of 25 yrs olds here! I just turned 25 last month myself

.
I used to be 25 once.
23 years ago.
Grandson of an ALCO Builder
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)