HO Car Derailments

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


The "Word-processor" is ALSO mightier than the Sword!

...........................are just dishonest.
......................our search for your return and are pleased to inform you
that it has been located. Our sincere apologies for the delay in
processing your refund. Please let us know if we can be of further
assistance.

Thank You!

Please visit our Web Store for all your hobby needs!

www.myatomic.com

[/QUOTE]

The fact the MRC never admitted to to receiving my package is something I never forgot.
Several weeks ago before we left on vacation, I prepare another package for MRC. It contained TWO ten-year old DCC decoders that were acting up. For $10.00 each, the company would replace them with their newest DCC decoder.
The following is a copy of the last paragraph of the letter I enclosed with the two defective decoders:

"................I have made sure to get a deliver confirmation on this package. The fact that you mysteriously lost my MRC1651 returned on March 8, one that should have been replaced for free, is something I will never forget.
I just noticed that the Athearn Genesis line is going to the Digi-trax decoder; burn enough bridges behind you and one day you may regret it.

Sincerely,


Bruce N. Torsney"

While we were away in our RV, a neighbor emailed that a package was left in front of our door; when we returned home I was given the package from MRC, it contained a total of THREE new MRC1651 decoders!!!
 
Bruce, sounds like MRC at least tried to do the right thing by you even if they screwed up to begin with. I'm just not a fan of MRC products or their customer service. NEC and Digitraxx make decoders that are better quality, the same or cheaper in price, and have excellent customer service.
 
Athearn agrees with you!

Bruce, sounds like MRC at least tried to do the right thing by you even if they screwed up to begin with. I'm just not a fan of MRC products or their customer service. NEC and Digitraxx make decoders that are better quality, the same or cheaper in price, and have excellent customer service.
I probably didn't make it too clear in my post, but the Athearn "Genesis" product line has just switched from MRC decoders to Digitrax.
My only Genesis locomotive had to be returned to the factory within a week after getting it, because of a defective MRC decoder.
China produces the decoders for MRC and the very high failure rate proves it. These greedy American companies are going to pay a STIFF price for China's poor quality sometime soon; and I for one can't wait to see them get what they deserve!
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top