First time here - my layout, in progress

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Thanks

I think I have an X-acto chisel blade - I got a complete X-acto set as part of my art stipend when taking art classes at a local college.

I think I will consider the Testors with a brush. I did'nt have that before, and it was so sloppy.

As you can see, this is a complete learning experience for me, and I'm not afraid to ask for help if I need it. I will listen to all ideas and suggestions, and incorporate them as my skill level permits. And I'm always looking to improve. I'm a beginner, and take no shame in admitting it. That's why I came to forums like this one, to learn. I also visit my friends in the Durand Union Station Model Railroad Engineers, to see what they do and ask questions. I am considering joining them now that I'm done with class and am running a business.
 
Thanks for your encouragement and help

I have worked very hard on my first layout, which is still under construction. I have learned a lot from all of you, and hope to learn more as I go along. I try to treat this as a journey, not a destination. Michael Gross of Family Ties fame, the narrator for the World's Greatest Hobby video, suggested taking that kind of attitude.

I hope to put it up somewhere where everyone can see it so it can be enjoyed by all. I would also like the folks at Worlds Greatest Hobby and Model Railroader Magazine to see it. I have talked to the representatives from that magazine, and they have expressed interest in having me write a story on my layout for their magazine. There's still quite a bit of work before I can do that. But thanks again to everyone for your help and encouragement.
 


Larry, looks like you're coming right along. That Worthington Hotel was the worst kit I ever built. It looks yours came out well. One suggestion I'd make is to plant a few green trees in your fall scenes. You really never see every tree in color until many of the others have dropped their leaves.
 


Larry, looks like you're coming right along. That Worthington Hotel was the worst kit I ever built. It looks yours came out well. One suggestion I'd make is to plant a few green trees in your fall scenes. You really never see every tree in color until many of the others have dropped their leaves.

I know it didn't show up very well, but I did plant one green tree, and may want to plant a couple of more to mix things up a bit. I agree wholeheartedly with your suggestion.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top