First Layout - Doable?

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


That looks great, thank you!
Ok here is the one I was thinking that was closer to your original. I used the original "cut off" on the upper left to make the space needed to get the mine loop in. It has to be an over and under situation. It was also easier to flip the track below the city. A 2nd track as you had drawn could easily be added. What I can't do in this configuration is get a log loading siding put in. All curves are 18" except the inside of the quarry which is 15".
barry2.jpg
 
Bachmann makes a "top of the line" brand called Spectrum. A Spectrum set is worth considering (or one with the 2-8-0 locomotive as the 2-8-0 is a Spectrum). This example I found has the DCC controller so it is higher price than one with a normal power supply would be.
http://www.thefavoritespot.com/p-39...is-dcc-tsunami-sound-commander-c-o-01401.aspx

Took the plunge and now I guess I am officially entering the hobby, I ordered the Spectrum set with DCC tsunami.
I will report back when I get it.
B
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top