Feb 15 Week(end) Photo fun

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Cool shots again , Jeffrey that shack is the pits , and that CD case looks a bir out of place, Jos awesome build , kinda hard to tell which one is the real deal !!
 
There's something unusual about this F7. You should be able to spot it quickly.
P1010007-14.jpg
 
Hey Guy's,
Everything is looking great this week.

Jeffrey I really like that old shed you have.

Jos the farm is looking amazing. I love the moss on the roof, very convincing.

Here's my contribution to the week. I got time to work on my dad's layout and installed the turntable and roundhouse.

Here's the area before I started.
View attachment 8712

This is when I just temporarily tacked the track in place to get the curves right.
View attachment 8713

Here's what the area looked like on the underside of the world (no Jos, not Australia or New Zealand :p :D ) DCC 2 wires... HA Ha ha?!
View attachment 8717

And this is the service area just before I left for this trip.
View attachment 8715
 


Boy, my monitor really is awful - I can't even tell what kind of trucks are under that F unit. I thought it was the numbers falling out of the numberboard. :) Jeffrey, did the KCS ever have an F unit with ALCo trucks?

Jos, that farmhouse looks really nice. I like the way the window flower boxes came out. We rarely do that kind of thing over here and European buildings always look so much nicer with all the flowers.

Ron, the track and wire gangs have been hard at work and doing a good job. The underside of your layout looks a lot neater than mine.
 
Jeffrey, that water tank thows a big shadow right on the backdrop, which makes it easy to tell when the backdrop starts and the layout ends. The scale of the locomotive in the mid-foreground is way out of proportion to the height of the church steeples in the background. I think it would be more difficult to tell where the backdrop was if the buildings were about 25% larger and the hills were smaller and more faded into the backgound. Also, whatever that flat piece of shiny stuff (a CD case, maybe?) is in the lower right corner doesn't help matters.
The locomotive is more than a foot away from the backdrop.
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top