Everyone post a picture of your best Weathering!!

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


I threw everything at this F-7!
pics252.jpg

pics247.jpg

Laidoffsick you patch cars are great!
 
Thanks JoeD for the compliments. The track was airbrushed with a mixture of Floquil enamels, RR Tie Brown, Rail Brown, Rust, and Grimy Black. I don't use a formula, I just mix it til the greenish tint from the Rail Brown is gone. The ballast gets a wash of diluted India Ink.

It's not a layout, just a 3' diorama I use for displaying cars. I've since removed the 3 rail track and replaced it with 2 rail track from Atlas. I do have 2 different layouts that I'm working on though. Their progress can be seen in the Layout Desing section here n the website, also I have a few YouTube Videos on my switching layout.
 
Glen-
That looks pretty neat. Do you have any pics of the other side?

I've been buying engines in lots and there are a few that aren't too far removed from that. Your project gives me an idea of how to use some of the more abused shells.
 


Loco lightly weathered representing one not long in service following overhaul. Structures weathered also on this now gone diorama
10-08-07089.jpg
 








Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top