Engine Roster Thread

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
I sold 6 of my older engines about 6 months ago because they weren't of the newer more modern diesels. Now, I think I should have kept them because I took some vintage loco's & made Tourist engines out of them w.new lettering etc. I kept the Kato's, Stewarts & Atlas engines. But, someday I'm going to have to get rid of some more of the older stuff. Some engines just never get enough run time. I have a lot of SD40-2's that I might part w/next year. Not Yet.
 
Numbers by themselves are meaningless.
Correct. Numbers, such as mine (at least I can speak for myself) are only for larger railroads. I plan to model Cajon Pass, and the way I want to model "requires" a larger fleet. It costs money though!
 
atsf3751_01.jpg

ub3151_02.jpg

scax884_06.jpg

scax877_01.jpg

cp8530_01.jpg
 


Sweet!! I dont know what it is about the CP paint but i really like it. Someday ill get 1 or 2 locos with he CP paint lol
I'll bet it because they're pretty much the only red locomotives left... Although there are a few lease units in red paint, CP happens to be the only class 1 to be so bold (remember red paint costs more).
 
WAAAAHOOOO I just won a Athearn Genesis BNSF SD75I in the Red and Silver Paint on ebay for $33.33, $41.33 with shipping!!!! Man im stoked!! :D :D :D :D
 
LOL yup now i got 2 Genesis BNSF SD75I's and 4 Genesis BNSF SD70MAC's, Genesis SP SD70M, Genesis CSX SD70MAC, and 4 Genesis CSX/CNW SD60's with a few KATO's, Atlas Silvers, and Athearn RTR's lol
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Holy cow boys! I've got 17 (19 if you included Thomas and James) and I'm thinking of selling some because I have too many.
 
To start:

Providence and Worcester:
GP38-2 #2007
GP38-2 #2009
U18-B #1801
B23-7 #2201
8-40-B # 4001
8-40-B #4002
8-40-B 4004

I don't have pictures of these yet. I could if someones wants them. 2007 is not officialy in my roster yet as it is still somewhere between Connecticut and Washington state on a UPS truck.

I have many others in the form of BN, Amtrak, a Canadian National, and a New Haven. I will get the models of these and post later this week.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't feel like snapping numerous pics of each loco or small group shots. So I made a hastely made panoramic shot of about 90% of my motive power.
Untitled_Panorama1.png
 
Correct. Numbers, such as mine (at least I can speak for myself) are only for larger railroads. I plan to model Cajon Pass, and the way I want to model "requires" a larger fleet. It costs money though!

I'm with Josh on this one. Numbers only matter if there is a reason for them. Once I build JTEX (switcher salvage and rebuilders shop) then my numbers will make sense to me.
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top