ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
When I say golden white, not like the ones on Kato's locomotives, I mean like the ones you buy at Radioshack or something, my friend did that to his BN E8 and they are YELLOW!
Boy, I'm glad my cutoff date is 1979, I don't have to worry about ditch lights and freds. I can run cabooses (cabeeses?) and not have a horse (NS) in the place.
Check out my post on the first page. It will tell you everything. I even thought about picking up the Athearn Genesis' SD70 lights. Let me know how much Athearn wants for them.
Hi guys, It's my first post and I wanna some advice from people with experience on illuminating ditch lights.
I've just installed Detail West ditch lights on three of my locomotives ( http://www.flickr.com/photos/24071925@N04/3522494838/sizes/o/ ). I drilled them to use smd leds that I bought on ebay, but now I have some doubts, like where should I drill holes (pilot?). I wanna hide the wires as much as possible, to get a better look.
Here is a look at one of mine. All engines on my layout are required to have some form of safety lighting, either strobes or ditch lights. My ditch lights are always on and alternate when the horn is pressed.
Ah, I found a set of ditch light castings that are really nicely done and don't require any drilling.
For $9.49, Railflyer makes a nice set of assorted ditch lights that yields 8 individual lights (4 sets) The housing itself is plastic, and the backplate is brass.
Here is the photo with all lights turned on. I only wrote about ebay to share my experience and to save our time researching the correct smd leds (in my opinion).