Dept 56 Christmas tree display

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


kgstakes

Well-Known Member
My wife has a lot and I mean a lot of dept 56 buildings and I seen this on a video and so I built one for her so she could display some of her buildings and we also have a O scale Christmas train so I put track on the bottom level.

Just thought I would share

IMG_6350.jpeg


IMG_6351.jpeg
 


My wife has a lot and I mean a lot of dept 56 buildings and I seen this on a video and so I built one for her so she could display some of her buildings and we also have a O scale Christmas train so I put track on the bottom level.

Just thought I would share

View attachment 274753

View attachment 274752
That is fabulous...care to share any construction plans or details...Finally know what to get my wife for Christmas
 
I drew it up on sketchup. Here are the plans.
materials:

1 - 4x4x8'
1 - 2x4x8'
1 - 3/4" sheet of plywood (cabinet grade - option).
4 - 3x3 angle brackets
12 - 4x4 angle brackets

Center of circles are cut the same size as the 4x4 ( I made a jig and use a router)
I use a router and a circle jig to make all the circles also.

Painted gloss black


Screenshot 2026-10-05 181951.png


Screenshot 2026-10-05 182059.png


Screenshot 2026-10-05 182155.png
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top