ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
My wife has a lot and I mean a lot of dept 56 buildings and I seen this on a video and so I built one for her so she could display some of her buildings and we also have a O scale Christmas train so I put track on the bottom level.
Just thought I would share
Pretty neat setup. I believe that there are at least 2 others on this forum that do Dept 56 displays.
Department 56's Christmas Village buildings and figurines are the best!
Great display, thank you for sharing it!
RANK AMATEURS OF THE MODEL RAILROAD FORM MEMBER
Now that's an interesting, cool Christmas tree.
My wife has a lot and I mean a lot of dept 56 buildings and I seen this on a video and so I built one for her so she could display some of her buildings and we also have a O scale Christmas train so I put track on the bottom level.
Just thought I would share
View attachment 274753
View attachment 274752
That is fabulous...care to share any construction plans or details...Finally know what to get my wife for Christmas
I drew it up on sketchup. Here are the plans.
materials:
1 - 4x4x8'
1 - 2x4x8'
1 - 3/4" sheet of plywood (cabinet grade - option).
4 - 3x3 angle brackets
12 - 4x4 angle brackets
Center of circles are cut the same size as the 4x4 ( I made a jig and use a router)
I use a router and a circle jig to make all the circles also.
Painted gloss black
Pictures of the Christmas tree project
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)