DCC uncoupler!

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.




I think this is a TT Trains DCC uncoupler system from Australia. I think it's very similar to the one the MTH is building so I expect a giant patent lawsuit soon. :mad: It's hard to see this being useful except for a locomotive that already has a DCC decoder. Adding this to every frieght car would cost more than the national debt. :)
 
I agree Jim...I was thinking the same thing. on the locos but the rolling stock could bankrupt us!
 
I think this is a TT Trains DCC uncoupler system from Australia. I think it's very similar to the one the MTH is building so I expect a giant patent lawsuit soon. :mad: It's hard to see this being useful except for a locomotive that already has a DCC decoder. Adding this to every frieght car would cost more than the national debt. :)
It would be nice for yard switching on a locomotive however, no need for uncoupling in specific places w/ magnets... :rolleyes:
 
Nice. Something like this just might convince me to switch to HO, if they can't implement this with N that is which I seriously hope they do.
 
Well this was posted in 2007....not much has advanced since then....

I always thought it would be cool to have on locos and then a designated car or caboose for switching that had the ability to release couplers like that...🤔
 


already done .. uses HO DCC free functions [1 per uncoupler], no extra transistors , done a couple of years back, cost was around two bucks each .. more info on model train forum
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top