Come on in to Coffee Shop 21

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my local forcast: http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/subindex/weather/forecasts

Read it and weap! Remember we get hell starting in June!

Funny thing people stuck at the air port are witching about the delays:eek: My a$$ would reschule the flight out and head to the pier to do some more fishing!:p
Being that the shed is small......we will start the bidding at $5 a night!:p;) But I do have 5 hotels in my hood too if there's going to be a rush to florida!
 
Snowing here this morning have around 3 inches. Just got a call from my boss saying don't bother coming in today. I wasn't going to anyway, sure I can get to work just fine have 2 4wd vehicles. one with a winch and all the offroad goodies on it its all the other idiots I don't trust. Along with the fact I work for a summer camp, some how I think were not a health/safety related company.
 
Good morning folks.

Boy, this place is feast or famine as far as traffic goes.

I know we don't have the snow that they have out east, but damn I'm sick of it anyway. We have almost as big of piles as out there because ours won't melt a bit. It's getting so you feel like you're living in a hedge maze. I think cabin fever is starting to set in for me. I may need to spend some time outside pretty soon, even if it is zero out right now.

I'm working on my 'behind the city' industrial area right now. I'd call it a yard but there isn't really a yard. One problem I'm having has to do with the cork under the track. I have a sheet of cork glued down to foam for my town area. Well, whenever I soak the area with glue, the cork raises off of the foam. When I glued the cork down first, I didn't take the time to spread glue under every square inch of cork. Now I'm getting bubbles where the area is suppose to be flat. I'm thinking of using a needle to squirt glue under the cork to hold it down. I just need to find a hypodermic needle. What a funny thing to have to deal with huh?

Things around work are moving along just fine. February is typically our slowest month of the year, so not much pressure to sell. My boss even told me to bring a few movies the other day to watch on the computer. He knows how boring things can get.

I hope everyone has a good and snow free day. Chris, enjoy your time in the sun!:)
 


Cold in SoCal this morning. 37 when I was leaving for work. Car was iced over. The rain is supposed to be gone though. The weekend forecast is for sun and the mid 70s. Looks like some rock n roll music and long days in the backyard. Maybe a little grillin' will be in order. And beer!!
 
As cold as it got I'm just glad I haven't planted my tomatoes yet. ;)

Does it help I'm jealous of the snow during the holidays? :cool:


Shopping list:

- Rib eye steak
- Beer
- Suntan lotion
- Margarita mix
 
Bob, looks like the State is keeping you busy there with the snow emergency going on. IIRC, Jim also has his own HAM operation. (BTW has anybody seen Jim around here lately...:confused: )

The County Executive where I live said if we get the same amount of snow as we got last weekend, it'll take a week to make the roads passable. I sure hope he's wrong. This reminds me of a book I once read aloud at bedtime to my now-20yr-old daughter when she was 4, The Long Winter, part of the Little House On The Prairie series by Laura Ingles Wilder. This was about a nasty winter in South Dakota where they had a blizzard every 4-5 days from early November thru late March, and rail service to the town was suspended because they never had time to clear the snow off the tracks. The entire population would have starved to death, except a few guys went off with horse-drawn sleds and bought 200 sacks of seed wheat from a farmer 15 miles away.

Karl I know what you mean, I was within a mile of my house yesterday when I thought I'd have to turn around and take the roundabout way home. I was in my Durango on Old Court Rd near the driveway to the Job Corps Center (the former Jusuit monastery) and I saw this line of a half-dozen vehicles just sitting there. Apparently at the apex of the hill, there was only a lane-and-a-half of clearance and the lead drivers in each direction had stopped, waiting for the other to go thru first. The one in my lane was a Chevy Citation and he was just spinning. Finally a 4x4 Ford truck pulled out and went around the stuck Chevy and several others followed him, myself included. Then I came to Hernwood and a car was unable to get up that sharp hill and was just sitting there blocking traffic. So I had to meander around him as well.

I hate winter!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning. It's 28 here with some passing clouds. The high will be about 50 and it will be partly cloudy.

Have to check this morning to see if my two remaining prescriptions have finally come in. If they haven't I'm gonna be building a fire under someones butt and lighting it off with gasoline and a flare. Other than that there's not much happening today. The Home Health nurse will be coming later to reattach my wound vacuum. Oh joy. NOT! Hopefully soon I'll be able to get back to doing some serious layout work, like cleaning it. The track is OK, but something has got to be done about the dust on the scenery. I can only reach a small portion of it. Until I can get underneath to the access holes the rest will have to wait.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/PB140216.jpg
 
Snow for us Winter Weather Challanged is like having grandkids! When you want to see them Hop in the car and go see them! As soon as they get on your last nerve........U Go home! If'n I want to see snow I'll drive north until I see's it then turn around and go home and say, "Yes, I seen snow.......I don't like the cold wet crap, That's why I live where I do!":D:D A BBQ does sound nice! Our temps around dinner time should be around 50*ish....We I got to go Wash the Car and Truck. All that rain yesterday made a mess of them......O well at least I won't freeze to death doing it!:p;):D God, At times I love Living in Florida.........Until June 1st,:mad: Then it's a crap shoot!:rolleyes:

BTW: The House of the Mouse Is Donating some Land for a HSR for a station stop! WOW.......Thats mighty nice of them:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: O' Yes thats till being mentioned in the news here. I bet the moneys for it are already spent else were's!:rolleyes:;) like paying down that 1.25 billion dollar loan for that swamp/sugar plantation/Railroad down south! LOL's this going to be fun day......I can tell.......Well let me get to work OUTside in that blazing sun!;)
 


Chris- you are just plain mean, rubbing road salt into their frozen wounds!
BTW, I have an extra bag of ice cream salt if you need it!

I haven't seen anything from Jim in a few days, so he may be shoveling snow off his layout. I'm glad to see Jeffery is feeling well enough to *itch about wearing the wound vac for another week.

Has anyone heard from Sandy or LTF, lately? Neither one of them is tall enough to see over the snowfall that they have had the last few days.
 
Chris- you are just plain mean, rubbing road salt into their frozen wounds!
BTW, I have an extra bag of ice cream salt if you need it!

Nooooooo......This is rubbing it in Current temp 55/60*'s;):p!

and If I wanted to be cold blooded I would post a Pic of the beach!

And If I wanted to be mean, A pic's of me at the local Fishing pier Fishing and enjoying a nice cold beer while fishing!
 
Chris I can imagine your little doggies in my front yard now. Well the big one maybe,,,,if he held his tail straight up!!:p:p:p
The other 2 would look like refugees from the frozen food section of the local Chinese market!
This pic was from last Saturday, we've added at least another foot since then! Once it stops and the wind dies down (gusts to 45 right now) I'll shoot some more!
Now do you see why I hate snow??:confused:
 
Karl- do you want me to help you hate it?

I have seen fools driving their cars on the Columbia River in Washington state and on Lake Erie at Cleveland. Both vehicles are now fish habitats.

That was enough to last me a lifetime!:eek:
 
Good afternoon folks

From the land of blizzard! It is currently 31 F and our high will be 33 F. Right now the snow is coming down furiously.

At 8 AM we had 7 inches on the ground. The storm let up for a little while. I cleared the driveway and walkways at that time. It is a wet heavy snow. About 10 AM it started again and has been getting worse. The wind has picked-up and blowing hard. We are now under a Blizzard Warming until midnight.

The State of Delaware is shut down. No one is allowed on the roads. Here in Pennsylvania they just shut down all the Interstates in southeastern Pennsylvania. The roads in Drexel Hill were clear but now they are snow covered and I think the road crews are losing their battle. I will be heading back around 4 PM to clear everything again. I would rather do 7 inches 3 times than 21 inches at one time.

I have a funny feeling that there will be no school tomorrow and possibly work.

I am going to try to head downstairs and work on trains later.

A few photos:

february2010007_a.jpg


february2010008_a.jpg


february2010009_a.jpg


february2010011_a.jpg


I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Chris I can imagine your little doggies in my front yard now. Well the big one maybe,,,,if he held his tail straight up!!:p:p:p
The other 2 would look like refugees from the frozen food section of the local Chinese market!
This pic was from last Saturday, we've added at least another foot since then! Once it stops and the wind dies down (gusts to 45 right now) I'll shoot some more!
Now do you see why I hate snow??:confused:

HurryCans/Can's......Or......Snow up to my EyeBalls!:rolleyes:

Let's see sometimes we get up to 4 hurrycan's in one year and Most other years we get 0 HurryCan't......Hmmm up north you get snow and ice every year.........Hmmmmmm, I'll Gamble and live here!:D Also If'n you like your neigbors Gas BBQ grill.... it just might get blown right in to your living room during the next storm! Free BBQ Grill!

My little doggies are a chiwawa and Chiwaweinne mix those two shake apart any time the temps drop below 70* the big BlackLab Chow mix....To stuiped to know it's too cold Him!:rolleyes:


"Now, Flo I'll have for dinner a 36oz. steak, Large Baked potato, Steamed veggies, Large Salad blu cheese dressing, and two Beers to wash it all down. Then I'll have a Choc. Cheese Cake and Cup of coffee! Being Jim doesn't want to come out and play, Put the dinner on his tab!:D Let's see if that Wallet fire will drag him out from where he's hiding!;) And Put the Chees Cake and coffee on Philips!!!!:D"


Hey Philip, Hows your wife you been to quiet lately!
 


Good afternoon folks

From the land of blizzard! It is currently 31 F and our high will be 33 F. Right now the snow is coming down furiously.

At 8 AM we had 7 inches on the ground. The storm let up for a little while. I cleared the driveway and walkways at that time. It is a wet heavy snow. About 10 AM it started again and has been getting worse. The wind has picked-up and blowing hard. We are now under a Blizzard Warming until midnight.

The State of Delaware is shut down. No one is allowed on the roads. Here in Pennsylvania they just shut down all the Interstates in southeastern Pennsylvania. The roads in Drexel Hill were clear but now they are snow covered and I think the road crews are losing their battle. I will be heading back around 4 PM to clear everything again. I would rather do 7 inches 3 times than 21 inches at one time.

I have a funny feeling that there will be no school tomorrow and possibly work.

I am going to try to head downstairs and work on trains later.

A few photos:

february2010007_a.jpg


february2010008_a.jpg


february2010009_a.jpg


february2010011_a.jpg


I hope everybody has a good day.

All I can Say to that is, "Hell to the No, your not going to catch me Dead in THAT MESS!:p
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top