Come on in to Coffee Shop 21

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
IT WORKED! YEAH! I now have 1.5 gig computer memory and what a difference it makes.
Now if I can figure out what to do about AVG keeping my startup so danged slow. I have it checked not to do anything at startup (I think?), but it takes for ever to load and do what ever its doing. Got any ideas? Jeffrey do you have this problem?

Chris: Is that your house...a bare/brown spot in the lawn (by the truck)? Shame on you!
 
Now if I can figure out what to do about AVG keeping my startup so danged slow. I have it checked not to do anything at startup (I think?), but it takes for ever to load and do what ever its doing. Got any ideas? Jeffrey do you have this problem?
Uninstall AVG, reboot the computer and reinstall AVG. That should clear the log jam.
 


Thanks Jeffrey. I will try that.:) Also, how do you setup its spam filter? I haven't been able to get it to do anything.
 
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Spammmmmmmmmm! and two eggs grits and toast...............Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!
 
Thanks Jeffrey. I will try that.:) Also, how do you setup its spam filter? I haven't been able to get it to do anything.
In the Link Scanner setup you'll see three fields. Be sure the first two are checked. The email scanner has three settings. Check all three. In Computer Scanner click the Manage Scheduled Scan tab and go to the bottom of the screen and click Edit Scan Schedule. Check Enable This Task and set your scan schedule. Click the How To Scan tab and check all boxes. Don't change anything on the Additional Options page. It's fine as is. Go to the bottom of the screen and click Save. I get very little if any spam. I used to get a lot of it when I used Google. I dropped Google like a hot potato and now use Yahoo for my searches. If I can't find it there I don't need it.
 
Rex I uninstalled AVG and went with Microsoft Security Essentials and it works great no bog down time on start up and my Registry repair software has not found a problem since I did the Microsoft thing.
 
Chris: Is that your house...a bare/brown spot in the lawn (by the truck)? Shame on you!

Now now thats the swell/Parking for visitors! I'm luck it ain't bare Sand yet!:p;) At least I got's Grass and not that white crap all over!;)
 


Hiya Gang!
Looks like we got another chance for that snowdrift in the yard to get even bigger! Yes, the weather is going to give us (depending on who's guessing) another 12-20 inches of you-know-what starting tomorrow afternoon!
Where am I gonna put it all??? :confused: I've already got a 4 ft wall down each side of the driveway!!!:eek:

Oh and to add insult to injury,,,,,,,there is snow in the weekend forecast too!

Chris Got any spare rooms???
 
Hiya Gang!
Looks like we got another chance for that snowdrift in the yard to get even bigger! Yes, the weather is going to give us (depending on who's guessing) another 12-20 inches of you-know-what starting tomorrow afternoon!
Where am I gonna put it all??? :confused: I've already got a 4 ft wall down each side of the driveway!!!:eek:

Oh and to add insult to injury,,,,,,,there is snow in the weekend forecast too!

Chris Got any spare rooms???

Sure you guys can use the shed in the back yard! :p;)
 
Hiya Gang!
Looks like we got another chance for that snowdrift in the yard to get even bigger! Yes, the weather is going to give us (depending on who's guessing) another 12-20 inches of you-know-what starting tomorrow afternoon!
Where am I gonna put it all??? :confused: I've already got a 4 ft wall down each side of the driveway!!!:eek:

Oh and to add insult to injury,,,,,,,there is snow in the weekend forecast too!

Chris Got any spare rooms???

You can sleep in the train room here in Tennessee, Karl. I just have three rules:

1. Don't molest the pets
2. Leave all the !@#$%^& snow in MD
3. You have to work on the layout while you're here.
 
WVa: I understand you not wanting any snow as you may have your own coming. They even have a another "IF" snow forecast for us in T-town. Least their not saying "TRICKY" this time. LOL :D
 
Yep, I've been outside building an igloo. If I'm gonna have snow, I'm gonna make use of it. weather wizards say "6-10".

Better half went to the store to stock up for the storm, starter went out of the car. I had just replaced the battery, thinking that was the problem as two cells tested bad and two were weak. We've been having to put the battery on a charger over night for the past couple of days. I though it was the cold weather. Guess not.

Hopefully, it's not too big of a job. I had an 1964 Oldsmobile that was a bear to change the starter. I had a set of headers on the car and made it almost impossible to change starters without "twisting" the engine. Loosened up the engine mounts on one side and lifted that side up.

I remember one time my brother forgot to disconnect the battery before starting to change the starter. I laughed until I cried. lol I had told him, not an hour before, to make sure the battery was disconnected. CRACK!!!!!! FLASH!!!!!! I guess he thought I was kidding.

Anyway, we are all dug in for the snow. Get to play with trains ALL DAY tomorrow. I've been working on some static displays for a presentation to a few customers. The public library and a couple of historical societies are interested in non-working displays. What a waste in my opinion. But, I'll give 'em what they ask.

One museum wants (3)modules showing the growth of the area. With that many and the room they will take up, I could build a nice medium size layout. The library will get a 3'x12' module depicting an area that had industries and (3) passenger depots, C&O, NYC and PRR. All were within a few blocks of each other when life was good. Now, only one is standing, and it's a liquor store. But, I have a large group of pictures in my collection that has good reference pics to build them for the displays. And I have been to the old C&O site to take measurements of the foundation. The tough one will be the old PRR depot as a building has now been built over the old site.

In talking to the head librarian today, however, there may be a chance of building a large layout in the basement of the library.

Bob
 
All rain for us. Be right back, have to to take the dogs for a swim in the backyard. Blub blub.

WVMM: Hey just wondering.......What brand is you HK416 and what up grades have you done? Due to our groups $200 aeg limit...I'm leaving Echo/JG and A&K and going to G&G Sportline m4 if I got any cash left!
 
More white and fluffy coming down in Central Indiana again and it is heading toward the East Coast. Do not like the 9 inches we have received in the last storm but better than the DC area. Take care folks if you are in any of the white fluffy areas of the country it is going to get worse afore it gits better. Well HI HO!! HI HO!! ITS OFF TO WORK I GO.
 


Good morning folks

It was 19 F on the day before the end. High will be 32 F with snow coming and it will keep coming. We are expecting another 12 to 18 inches on top of the 28.5 inches we got Friday/Saturday.

Last night my daughter’s flute lesson was canceled. My son went to Boy Scouts. He is now one requirement away from his Second Class rank. He needs to go on a camping trip to finish it. We are not going on this month’s trip. We have had our full of cold weather camping this year. We will go on the March trip to Antietam, however.

Tonight we were supposed to go to the School Board Meeting where my daughter’s Engineering team would be recognized for their second place finish in the Future Cities Competition. Due to the impending doom that has been changed and they will receive their recognition in the school today. We rescheduled my son’s guitar lesson because of the meeting so he now has a free night. With the change in plans my daughter may go to volleyball practice unless it is canceled.

No trains last night. Maybe I can start weathering the trucks on some stock cars and boxcars.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top