Come on in to Coffee Shop 21

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
...Gotta go watch the weather reports. Working for an electrical connector manufacturer, we watch ice storms very closesly. We try to make extra stock for the people who have powerlines down, so the utilities can get people's heat and lights back on in a timely manner.

I'm watching that thing too, Mikey. I have to return to Little Rock this weekend to help daughter and grandson. The way the guessers are saying LR and Memphis will get pounded, I probably should leave this afternoon, instead of tomorrow.
 
Well I got my chores around the house done and mowed my lawn too. Then I cleaned, Detailed, and put fresh Blades on both the mowers. It's hard to believe late tomarrow early Satureday we are in for some crappy weather. Not to rub it in to you guys socked in by snow but the it's bright and sunny and air temp sitting at 70* even here. I took my sons Minibike for a short spin around the hood wearing shorts and a tee shirt and not one shiver of cold. I was told that it will be colder Sunday all day:(
 
---spent the last couple of hours under and over an intermittently working turnout that just started acting up again. And the 'cute' thing is--it'll do this in any number of ways. I'll hit the switch--it'll wait a few seconds THEN slam the turn out into operation. Or, motor turns on--and then turn out just sits. I go underneath---nuthin' wrong. Or, to be really perverse---suddenly switch AFTER I turn the thing off.:eek::mad::mad::eek: This on a turnout that has not done this for a year---:confused:

Think I'll just rip it out and do a straight section-----:rolleyes::rolleyes::cool:
 


Doc thinks I should apply for disability. Going to have an MRI done. Workman's Comp will hopefully take care of that, since my settlement with them was just about 7 months ago, and I have 1 year to reopen my claim.
Do it. I filed for disability and SSI when it became obvious that I could no longer work without the employer going out of their way to make allowances. Didn't qualify for disability but I got the SSI. It's a whole lot better than nothing.
 
Hiya gang
Been out the last 2 weeks shopping for a new home, and I finally think I found one that I can use! 3 BR rancher on .47 acre with a large, EMPTY basement!!!! :D
Now comes the fun part,,,,,,the financing!:eek:
 
hope everyone is having a nice night

Its very windy here, and cold too!! We got about a half an inch to and inch this morning-mid afternoon. Finished up my midterms and dont have school tommorow, so im thrilled. My dad just got his new iPhone, and guees who got to show him how to use it :cool:.

Drew- are you guys down south getting this wind and snow? its not even like snow its like little pellets.

Chris- I would kill for 70* temps right now, this is ridiculous, i wore shorts monday and tuesday, now im cold with a northface, hoodie and jeans taking a 5 minute walk! As for HSR, a monorail seems like the best idea, unless they plan to use the tracks for frieght as well. I like the idea of using the median, it saves corporations from having to destroy some nature to build superstructure, use they stuff they already messed up :D:rolleyes:

Jeff- nice to see things are looking good for you.
 
karl, need a hand robbing a bank, if they arrest you, tell them your just taking your money back.

as for the light snow this morning apparently when the weather man says a dusting of snow they really mean 2 inches of snow and some ice

matt, were getting some more snow and the pellets along with some nasty wind. The rest of the people I work with are headed up your way to six flags indoor water park for oure sleep away summer camp's winter weekend deal. (we own southwoods camp near lake placid) along with the day camp I work at down south. I'm just laughing to me self about it because I dont need to go.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Drew- The Great Escape Lodge is about 10 minutes from my house lol. Ive stayed there twice and its an absolute blast. I highly recommend the indoor surf ride :D. Just keep the weight centered or youll do what i did and face plant in front of your girlfreind :cool: The arcade is alot of fun and the feel of the place screams adirondacks. To get to the hotel, remember to take a left by the blue moose bar on the corner of glen lake road, theres a big sign for the hotel, make sure you turn left into that road (across from glen lake road)and into the hotel, you CANNOT get to the hotel parking lot from route 9 once you drive past that drive, and i dont think you can get to it from the johnny rockets attached to the hotel, remember, if you drive past the big concrete pedestrian bridge connect the Great Escape with its parking lot, youve gone to far. I cant tell you how many times a summer im at the GE with my friends and see someone drive past the hotel and try and pull a u-turn at marthas ice cream and get caught. The local police patrol that heavily. If you plan to shop while your up here, skip the mall and go right for the outlets, there about literally 3 minutes up the road from the hotel, just take a left when you pull out of the hotel drive. Saturdays are the worst days, but sundays are alot of fun. Mall opens at 10, with stores like target and dicks opening at 9 i beleive. Have fun and enjoy Lake George!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not going, think there would be a multi homicide on the news up there if I was stuck spending my weekend with the people I work with. I'll be in mass at the train show and going out for beer with a few good friends sat night, much better weekend in my book
 


Howdy, Y'all.

Man, there is no way I can catch up on all the posts here. It's been a long week with Dianna in Colorado for the funeral and me having to get about a dozen things done while hacking up part of lung every day. I have many stories to tell but suffice it to say that things worked out the way they were supposed to, even if it wasn't what I wanted. Dianna got back yesterday and is recovering from both the sadness of the event and the culture shock of being an Alabama girl in Colorado. As she learned, things are different there. I told her now you know what I feel like being down here. :)

CJ, hope you're already in Little Rock. Looks really nasty on the radar right now.

Bob, sure sorry to hear about having to go on insulin. As others have said, apply for SSDI now. It will take at least a year before you get it granted, even in an open and shut case, so don't dawdle.

Phillip, I'm glad to hear the wife is healing OK. I'm sure she must be a little sore and grumpy but she'll get better. Just remind her of all the new clothes she'll have to buy. :)

Ken, I may have missed a post from you but I hope Vicky's ankle is on the mend. After eight days as the house husband, you have my full sympathy.

I've missed a lot of others here and I apologize. I hope everyone is doing as well as can be expected. We're waiting to see what the next storm will bring. Looks like the freezing line will remain just to our north, somewhere around Rex's house. :eek: We had a honkin' storm here Sunday that caused a fair bit of flooding and the ground is completely saturated. They have a flash flood watch out and I think that's a likely occurrence if we get the two inches forecast. I'm at the top of the hill in our subdivision. I have a drainage swale that starts in my backyard and then drains the other lots for about a quarter mile. It's the first time I've ever seen it full since I've been here. I was complaining when we weren't getting any rain. We're now about eight inches above normal, so it can stop any time it wants for a while.
 
Mornin' All,

Well it's twice as warmhere today as it was yesterday: 4 degrees.
I keep telling myself spring is just around the corner.( I'm a big liar.):rolleyes:


John
 
Just a quick run by posting.......70* this morning possible rain this afternoon. T-Storms for Gasperilla Parade down in Tampa tomarrow, Thank God we didn't make plans for that! I got to run to Ryans school and talk to his tennis coach something with paper work. Man I wish these schools would get on the ball. CUL!
 
Good morning folks

Who left the freezer door open? It was 16 F when I walked out the door this morning. High will be 28 F. It looks like the snowy weather will stay to the south of us this weekend.

I took my daughter to volleyball practice last night and then did some scout stuff. It was an uneventful night.

Weekend looks slow. My daughter may be going on a birthday sleepover tonight. Tomorrow we will be meeting up with some old friends we have not seen in a few years for dinner and who knows what else. I could even get some train time if all goes well.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Hello--

According to our wonderful weatherguessers we are supposed to have a high of only -9C today going to a low of -16C tonight. And snowflurries. Right now I can't see a dang thing.:eek::mad:

Got a bunch of running around for weekend stuff---:eek:

Have a good'un----:):)
 
Its a balmy 16* here this morning, was 39 yesterday afternoon. I'm getting ready to head to the big train show in Springfield mass for the weekend.
 


Barry- The hot air around DC is a great idea.
I can see installing wind turbines outside Congress to generate electricity and funnel the warm air to the cold areas around Maryland and Virginia!

Makes too much sense.... they will never go for it.

Keep an eye out for the winter weather and be careful. Even Chris, he could get a nasty wind burn riding the mini bike in his shorts and tee shirt!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top