Come on in to Coffee Shop 21

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Boy is it quiet in here's!:eek:

You know I got talken about mowers and I forgots to tell ya what we did all day satureday! My son Ryan has a new friend who moved into the rental across the street and her name is Sammy. her and her family are from NY, and are going to give the Florida Life style a try!:) Sammy and Ryan are in to the same thing.......Both love Reptiles!:eek: Any who, we offered to take Sammy if'n her family could pay for her fun ticket and we picked up snacks and dinner.....Well She had a blast and three weeks from now we'll go again....Ryan now has 3 kids lined up for next outing!:eek: Here's some nice BG pic's to share!
 
Chris - Ryan looks happy as a clam in those pix!;) Did you position the girl in the first pic so that it would look like she's got angel wings?

Don't have much experience with tractors so I can't join in that conversation.

I haven't been on here much lately because Vicky is still disabled, and I pretty much function as her hands and feet when I'm home. So, not much time for train-related activities. The good news is that her orthopod decided she only had to be in her cast for 5 weeks instead of 6; and she no longer feels any pain so she doesn't need to keep popping pain pills. She's able to work again at a reduced schedule, as long as the weather isn't treacherous (snow or ice).

I've found enough time to lurk here so I sorta know what's been happening with everybody. Just don't have time to comment on everything though and I'd probably overlook somebody. I have been remembering those of you in distress in my prayers at least.

Until next time................................
 


Chris - Ryan looks happy as a clam in those pix!;) Did you position the girl in the first pic so that it would look like she's got angel wings?

The second pic I got her by herself more of a close up with the wings still kinda messed it up but will retake the snap another time! Her Dad and Mom love the pic any ways! Ryan has got lucky the last people who rented that house had a little girl too we did the same thing with her. Funny they find my boy cute and they stock him until he talks to them:rolleyes:. He's uber shy around girls!:rolleyes::p The kids in the neigborhood know us call us the cool parents. Say any thing bad about us would most likely get you killed!
When we take ryan and his friends somewhere we always bring the camera and I snap away and make a nice CD of their day and give it to the parents! Lil Sammys Parents gave us a real nice Thank You card:o said it was nice of us to invite her.....Heck it makes Ryan happy when he's got friend to ride the rids with:)!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
GOOD MORNING!!!!:D:D:D:eek::eek::eek:

Boy, we getting cobwebs in here!! SHEEESH!!!:eek::eek::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Wakey Wakey!!!:D:eek::D:eek:

I guess I'll be the alarm clock in here---see all these people fallin' asleep ----:rolleyes::rolleyes::D:D
 
Good morning folks

It was a surprising 57 F. High will be 57 F? We have lots of rain and wind to content with this morning. The commute was interesting dodging downed branches and deep puddles.

We had our Cub Scout pack’s Pinewood Derby on Saturday. It was a lot of work but a good time was had by all so it was worth it. It just took the rest of Saturday and half of Sunday to recover. We had to do the grocery shopping and some other errands on Sunday.

I didn’t get any train time this weekend.

Tonight if we don’t get flooded out my daughter has flute lesson and my son has Boy Scouts.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Good morning everyone.

I'm not even going to comment on the Vikings game.:mad: Thank God Nascar starts in a few weeks. There's a sport that I'll watch but don't give a hoot who wins. I can't take the stress and let down anymore!:)

We've had a nasty winter so far. First we had all of that snow over Christmas, then the sub zero temperatures. Last week we had freezing rain four days in a row. Today we are back to almost sub zero with nasty winds.:eek: I tell ya, I grew up here, but this could get old after a while.:)

I've been busy sanding and placing ties under my rail joints lately. I would like to finish painting my rails, but need to do this first. I thought I had saved all of the ties that were cut off in the first place. Nope, I had to sacrifice two new pieces of Peco flex track just for the ties.

I get to check in almost 200 tuxedos today. That should be fun with this cold I have.

Have a great day everyone.
 
Is it morning again?

I had an unusual weekend. Saturday, I got to order some train stuff off the internet AND spend a couple hours in the train room. I ordered a movie camera crew and other details for the new movie production scene on our club layout. So far, the movie title I like best is "Hold up at Gunn Point". However, it could be changed for a better suggestion.

I was able to lay about 20" of straight track base on the elevated backside of the layout. I used wood glue mostly and a couple screws to keep the wood aligned. With all the rain, the humidity was too high for the glue to dry when I checked on it Sunday afternoon. I also spray painted a couple of Model Power pickup trucks, and they were still tacky Sunday, too. Hope I don't have to re-work the glue joints.

Looks like this was a busy weekend for most people, at least judging from the activity on the forum. People were either very busy, or asleep.

Chris- you fall into the busy category with the family activities. These are the things Ryan and his friends will remember for ages. Maybe not the details, but that they had a fun time in the company of family and friends.:)

Have a great week everyone!
 


Good morning. It's 36 and sunny. That barbed wire fence between here and the north pole has done fell down again. The high is projected to hit 65 and it will be clear and sunny.

Nothing special happening today, just another day with my feet up most likely. I may get some light layout work done as well. There's still some stuff to be cleared off and put away.It's amazing how little it takes to clutter things up. I have everything I need to put the diner in place on the layout. Now I just have to get to the point that I can gey under the layout to the larger of the two access holes (the park in this case) to do the work. That will also give me a chance to clean the AC filter. Maybe in another week or two.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/P1250401.jpg
 
Mikey your right with the family activities! We keep pretty bizzy, we got the Florida State Fair comming up next week so we started the phone calls and the planning. it's $8.00 a person to get in and I still got to figure what the arm bands for the rides are going to be $$ wise:confused:. Either way I got it figured $40 a person should cover it. ticket+ride pass+food=$40-$50? I luck out, the kids don't really don't eat much, and the snacks we back pack in usualy covers us very well. My usual game plan for outing is, Each kid brings a back pack with 2 bottles of water(We refill them at the water fountains), Large Trail mix of some kind, and a can of pringels chips. then $20 for a meal of what ever they want and any extra $$ for games and toys. As usaual 98% of the parents gives their kid $50.....plus loads their kids Back pack! and we're good to go. Me and the wife folow the kids through what ever we're doing, and hold their Back packs when they hit the rides.

Every 3 to 4 weeks we try to plan a big outing and on days we're home we try to keep the kids buzzy with stuff here. Airsoft wars, Bike riding, Play at the Park, Fishing, and when it's warm......The Local Beach or to a Mall and Movies.....Depends on what the kids vote for and how muc h the Parents want to spend$$$? The Beach wins out most of the time;):) That's my favorite It's cheap and very relaxing, and some of the other parents go too.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Chris- you are going to ruin your reputation here!:cool:
You seem to have a sane and practical approach to the outings with the kids.

Seemingly, many parents would rather throw money at their kids and get them out of sight, rather than spend some family time together with them.

The skills of seven year old kids in sports do not attract many fans. However, the modification of the game rules has been done to make the players enjoy the game and participation is not harmful to body or spirit. Grandfathering has taught me to see my grandsons in new lights and hopefully extended my patience with them. I have learned to support their activities without yelling negative comments about any player. I have learned to appreciate a three foot high, 5 year old take a basketball shot under the basket, and be as thrilled as his parents that the ball was tossed high enough to bounce off the rim of the basket.
Anyhow, Chris, I'm glad to see you are one of the villiage of people it takes to raise a kid to be a productive member of society.

How did I get on this soapbox? Thanks anyway!
 
Yes, I'm the village idiot that has a blast at every turn! That's why I always like to keep a few sticks of T-N-T around.....you never know what it's going to take to stur the pot! Hehehehehehe!
 
Well, a few boxes of train stuff delivered by FedEx and USPS this AM. The boxes from FedEx packages were more brass engines delivered from my buddy out West as part of the 6-6-6-6-6 deal. I think I shoulda kept it now. Got some pretty nice stuff as well as a pocketful of cash.

The USPS baggage was eBay winnings. A couple of Kato engines and four Atlas engines. I am upgrading my engine roster. I'm "retiring" many of my old Athearn units and replacing them with higher quality engines. Many of the Athearns were my Dad's and are destined to be "shelf queens". Most are NS or NW, not my roads. But, I've upgraded and detailed and weathered many to be real eye pleasers. And all have been converted to DCC. So they will be ready if ever needed. I just can't bring myself to get rid of them.

Anyhooooo, this morning was real exciting. I walked out back to get into the car to get some donuts. Up the alley came no less than 8 police vehicles and another bunch came across the vacant school lot, with even more out front and at the opposite end of the alley. And Chris's helicopter was buzzing around. Seems there was a big drug bust three doors down. So much excitement I forgot to get donuts. There must have been 50 or more law enforcement types scampering around. And all th entities were represented....FBI, DEA, ATF, BIN(bureau of Immigration an Naturalization), the county, state and locals.

There was one casualty. One of the cops got "runned over" by another cop car..... Got his foot. An ATF guy. Too many horses in the corral caused that one.

There must have been some illegals involved. As the authorities had the perps on the ground, or stuffing them into a van, I kept hearing, "No habla, no habla...." and "Pendejo". So it goes.

Cops are still at the house carrying stuff out. A big U-Haul truck just backed up to the house a bit ago.

Uh-oh, two officers at the door. I'll be back....................I think. lol

Bob
 
Uh-oh, two officers at the door. I'll be back....................I think. lol

Bob

Their there for the donuts you forgot to get bOb...............Oh God, I hope he remembered to make coffee at least...........Hate to see bob get shot! I alway got a pot on just incase......you never know......:);)
 
Their there for the donuts you forgot to get bOb...............Oh God, I hope he remembered to make coffee at least...........Hate to see bob get shot! I alway got a pot on just incase......you never know......:);)

What if he forgot the coffee? :eek::eek:

---------------------------------------------------------

Just went through my desk and found my road trip charts from the roadtrips we did last summer. Our miles travelled shows a little over 3,100 miles total on those trips.:eek::D And it looks to be that we may see the same numbers this coming summer by the looks of things:eek::eek::D:D
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Chris, ThAT is really funny! :DROTFLMAO!:D

You know bOb has been quiet for some time now!:eek: He PO'ed the cop and they Rodneyed him! bOb might be in the fetal position in the corner of his room or rotting in a cell?:confused:


So the question is....Who's going to check it out and if need be bail him out! Either way I don't think he'll forget to keep coffee and donuts in the house at all times!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top