Coffee Shoppe XXIV

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Boy, I really need to introduce you to deep fried burritos stuffed with Mexican green chili peppers. Guaranteed to please and clear the sinuses. I like mine smothered in six-alarm chili. Gotta eat it before it burns the plate!


"Wet Burrito" That's what the Mexicans down here call any burrito when it's smoother in Chili or Drunk Beans! I like them too, There's a Mexican Roach Coach in Dade City off lock street that serves a mean Wet Burrito!

Terry, you lived out that way know where I'm talking about!
 
Good morning folks

It is 76 F right now. High will be 91 F.

I just got into the office. I had to drop my daughter off at volleyball practice.

It has been a crazy week. My daughter had volleyball tryouts Monday thru Wednesday which meant I had to drop her off and pick her up so I was running back and forth to work. She made at least the JV as a freshman.

Last Saturday my son and I attended a Leave No Trace presentation at the John Heinz Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum. After the presentation the whole family hiked through the marshes. We saw quite a few types of birds. We did not see the Bald Eagles or the Eaglets. Strange to think that there is a breeding pair of bald eagles living within the city limits of Philadelphia. My son worked on portions of his Bird Study and Tracking Merit Badges.

I have been working on some trains. I made some minor repairs to a couple of boxcars. I also finished putting the wheels back into the trucks on several boxcars. They are now ready for the next step in weathering.

My son went to the hobby shop the other day and purchased a Bachmann PRR GP-30 (DCC) loco. He ran on the layout and on the fifth lap the rear trucks froze. We took it back to the hobby shop. It is a hobby shop that I have not been in for eight years. The owner is a real jerk and after he tried to force me to buy something I did not order I have not stepped foot in there. (I ordered something he could not get and we mutually canceled the order. Two weeks later he called me and said my order was in. I reminded him that I no longer had an order. He kept insisting so I went to the shop since I still wanted the items. I got there and it was not what I wanted. He then tried to strong arm me into buying them. When I showed him the canceled ordered form he backed off.) We went to the shop and the luckily the owner was not there (I don’t know if would remember me. I am just one of many who he has ticked off) and he exchanged the loco.

This weekend I am not sure what we are doing. My son has his Personal Fitness Merit Badge progress check on Sunday.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
"Wet Burrito" That's what the Mexicans down here call any burrito when it's smoother in Chili or Drunk Beans! I like them too, There's a Mexican Roach Coach in Dade City off lock street that serves a mean Wet Burrito!
You're speaking my language! I was raised on Tex-Mex. When I was in the army a bunch of guys tried to 'burn me out' with spicy food. Little did they know they were dealing with an American Indian who came from redneck country and had been slurping up hot stuff since I was big enough to lift a Tabasco bottle. I drink the stuff like soda pop! Nothing like a T-bone steak covered with sliced habanero peppers with a side of cajun fries well dressed with Tabasco. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.
 


I drink the stuff like soda pop! Nothing like a T-bone steak covered with sliced habanero peppers with a side of cajun fries well dressed with Tabasco.

Jeffery my heartburn is starting to act up just thinking about that kind of food. LOL LOL
 
You're speaking my language! I was raised on Tex-Mex. When I was in the army a bunch of guys tried to 'burn me out' with spicy food. Little did they know they were dealing with an American Indian who came from redneck country and had been slurping up hot stuff since I was big enough to lift a Tabasco bottle. I drink the stuff like soda pop! Nothing like a T-bone steak covered with sliced habanero peppers with a side of cajun fries well dressed with Tabasco. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

I started a Pot of chili last night, I got it reheating now:p:)! I should have it done by the time I get back with my son! I got some Beer, Hurrican, and Rum Runner pre-mixed drinks ready for tonight also! My OF/sister and her OFBF should be stopping by too......It's Move night here at the house!
 
Football is starting to get to the point that its a headache. I dont mind if practice runs over, but when it happens so much that i have to rush to eat lunch, im not ok with that. Id rather have a solid 3-4hr block of practice, then have 2 scheduled practices and get a shorter break that runs over. I shouldnt complain, practices have been pretty easy. If i didnt have quarter sized blisters everyhting would be good.

Other than football, ive been working on alot of different stuff. Whatever did sell in the garage sale i put on ebay. 2hrs left and hopefully the prices will go up alittle bit more. Its funny howd that site works, i left this morning and total of the 3 items was like $35, my cell phone only had .99, now its up to $14. Go figure :rolleyes:

All this talk about spicy foods is killing me, im going to have to go grab some. Im not big into mexican foods other than the basic tacos, enchiladas, ect. I do however love boneless chicken wings, pickled sausages, anything with vinegar, ect. Im more of an american spicy foods fan, anyone ever heard of Penrose Tijuana Mama pickled sausages? They are amazing, but arent kidding about being 300% hotter. My record is 4 in a row, i went through 6 pieces of bread before the heat was gone. :o

Chris- Hows your sons new school? Did he ever decide between football and tennis? This island thing might work out, chris, on an abandoned island, middle of the ocean :p

Jeff- Good luck with the steering column.
 
Chris- Hows your sons new school? Did he ever decide between football and tennis? This island thing might work out, chris, on an abandoned island, middle of the ocean :p

Well Ryan is home until Suday Morning, He HATE'S Hudson Middle School! He ain't going for nothing at this time, He said he's only got 2 good teachers and the rest.....in his words, "Need to be taken out to the nearest ballfield, lined up, and SHOT!" This kid is being put through hell for nothing!:mad: Sad thing is he knows it!:mad::mad::mad:


Yes, the Abandoned island sound good right about now!
 
Chris- Im sure theres a law against it, but why cant your son go to his old school, even though he lives with his mother? If you guys arent legally divorced, and noone has custody, then why bother with putting him into a new school? That doesnt really make sense at all :confused: When my parents split, i lived with my mom, in a different district, but still went to my regular school, and they were split for a solid 6-9 months.

Jeff- Ever heard of guavaberry hot sauce? Its probably the hottest hot sauce ive ever had, but its got a really nice taste to it. We get it on the island of St. Martin when we cruise every other year. I dont know if anybody in the states imports it, but if you ever see a bottle, grab it, you will not be disappointed!!
 
Chris- Im sure theres a law against it, but why cant your son go to his old school, even though he lives with his mother? If you guys arent legally divorced, and noone has custody, then why bother with putting him into a new school? That doesnt really make sense at all :confused: When my parents split, i lived with my mom, in a different district, but still went to my regular school, and they were split for a solid 6-9 months.

My wife is being stuiped! And there is no real reason he can't go to his own school, She and her family is just plain Stupid and mean! My son say's your lucky!!!!! She's filing for devorce when she's got the money..... The funny thing here is she will be bankrupt before christmas at the rate she's going!LOL's My son will have to come live with me then!;);):D The real Joke is on her! My son thinks this whole thing is stupid and looks at he's mom in a whole new light.....The whole thing is truely sad and silly! "What comes around...Goes around!"
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Chris: I can see that happening too!!

Good Evening

I's be stuck to a cellphone as I'm on call for the weekend--until Sunday nite at 11pm----grrrrr

Oh well, I have had some time to be with my niece and nephew before they both trundle off to university---has it been that long?!?!?!:eek:

Now, I'm sitting down to a late supper as we went to the university to check out the residences they are moving to. My sister and BIL are now, technically, empty nesters---:eek:
 
My wife is being stuiped! And there is no real reason he can't go to his own school, She and her family is just plain Stupid and mean! My son say's your lucky!!!!! She's filing for devorce when she's got the money..... The funny thing here is she will be bankrupt before christmas at the rate she's going!LOL's"What comes around...Goes around!"
Dang straight. The judge will take her reckless spending into account, you can bet on that. That, more than anything else, will probably blow her case out of the water.
 
Chris it would be great if the judge gave you custody and made her pay support. Wonder what her old man would say then. LOL LOL LOL
 
Chris- Tell your son i was 5 or 6 when they split, i thought i was lucky to have 2 houses. Not to mention i got put in a program through school for kids for divorced families, so we all got ice cream once a month, another reason why i was "lucky". :rolleyes: Your wife sounds like shes just screwing both of you over, but your coming out on top.

Jeff- http://www.guavaberry.com/guavaberry.htm <---- Amazing stuff
 
Guy's I hate to say it, but I think i might be right..... Her leaving me was(she told me) Over she wants her FREEDOM! Well freedom isn't free and you must work hard to get it. She spends over 50% unwisely and that will lead to a bankrupt wife. So far she has stole money from my son, tried to take the $200 of the school money I gave him(That's a funny story my son told me), and got some money from me here and there. Her spending is way outof control and have a feeling it will lead her and father to have another BIG fight. Sad to say she needs me or some poor other slob more than she thinks.LOL!

If she want the devorce well brother she has to pay for it! She can't get her bills paid on time, Her dad already quite helping her(he's starting to see what I was going through), and she steals money from Ryan..... And I was accused of being bad with my money!LOL What comes around goes around!

I got 3 women from 21-43 that know my situation and are falling over them selves getting in line to be mrs hanson #2! Also 2 other customers are wanting to set their daughters up with me. lol's one door closes and another starts creeking open.

Right now my focus is on that Graveyard shift, I got App's out and floating around. I'll get a night job soon I hope(Need prayer on that one)!
 
Holy crap Dana! Thats a big control panel for 32"x54". No problems with controls though, im sure! How about a picture of the underside, theres got to be alot of wires under there. That almost looks like a sound board to me. Is that a pickup truck glued to one of the switches, about mid picture, bottom 1/3 of the picture? No problems about passing on the deal, thanks for letting me hear back from you, i was worried i insulted you for awhile there :D
 
Holy crap Dana! Thats a big control panel for 32"x54". No problems with controls though, im sure! How about a picture of the underside, theres got to be alot of wires under there. That almost looks like a sound board to me. Is that a pickup truck glued to one of the switches, about mid picture, bottom 1/3 of the picture? :D

I agree with that comment!!:eek: That is one amazing piece of work!

Chris: When did her father quit helping her again? She sounds like a certain SIL here---doo doo bedoo bah mana mana:rolleyes:

Good Morning

I have the cellphone stuck to my side as I'm on call for another weekend--so far no strange calls in the middle of the night to deal with--let's see if this carries through the day now:rolleyes:

I've got to do some stuff with my layout at some point this week--I got most of Denfield built up around the mill but have not done much besides that:(

Welp---have a good one guys/gals--
 


Chris: When did her father quit helping her again? She sounds like a certain SIL here---doo doo bedoo bah mana mana:rolleyes:

These people are like Yo-Yo's! Right now my wife is talking devorce this month and I bet by or after Christmas she will try to crawl back to me or leach off some poor slob somewhere cause the mountain of debt is killing her! What cheese's me off is the fact my son has to watch the slow mental death of his mom:mad:!My son told his mom that if it comes to his choice where he's going to live.....it's with me! Florida law states long as i can afford him, and he wants to be with me!!!:D

I'm slowly moving on and getting away from this mess. Everyday that light at the end of the tunel is getting brighter and brighter for me.......this time i know it's not a train!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top