Coffee Shoppe XXIV

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Karl- Mainenance was a job my mom im sure did not consider. Not that it matters in the immediate future, until i left for college i would have to do the maintenace. When we had hermit crabs me and her did most of the maintenance. I think she forgot about how much work those stupid things were. All i have now are some shells and rocks in the bottom of the tank. Id like to watch an oscar destroy them though. :D

Rex- Ive been in the AP classes that my school offers. That include History, English, Math (algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra 2 this year.) and science (biology in the 8th grade and chem this year). I think im going to continue with all of them except AP History. I know colleges would rather see me get a lower grade in an Advanced class, then a high grade in a normal class. Unfortunately i also dont like looking at an array of grades on my report card from 78-97. Math is the next to go :rolleyes:

Jeff- My middle name is my Dads name, thats about all i can relate to that. Cool story though, ever since i took that summer college course, ive been pretty interested into stuff from the French and Indian War, especially the indian part of it.
 
Good morning. It's 79 and partly cloudy. The high will be 98 with a heat index of 105 and it will be mostly cloudy. The UV index is 10+ (extreme). Anybody care for a sunburn?

It's coming around to that time when the wolves are clawing at the door so I'll be taking care of bills today. Oh joy! I may have time to get some layout work in and I may even be able to squeeze in a trip to the not-so-local LHS in Alexandria. I also need to see if I can get a color cartridge for my printer. Deskjet printers are so very handy but they are also very thirsty for ink! Fortunately the cartridges for mine are in the lower price range. I also have to get some grocery shopping done. The cupboards are looking a mite bare.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/P1011101.jpg
 
Fried eggs, anyone?

I just went out to my car to get something and placed my hand on the roof of my white car. BIG mistake! I didn't raise a blister, but I ran the water in the drinking fountain over it for a minute to make it feel better.
Current temp is 92 degrees F, headed to 98 and a heat index of over 110.

This is when I really appreciate the years I spent in college, so I can work in an air-conditioned office instead of pouring off molten aluminum in the foundry! :D

The next week looks to be similar weather.

Y'all have a nice day and a great weekend!
 


Welcome to summer in July! Care to try for August when the temps can really soar? It's already to the point here that you can bake cookies on the dashboard of the car.
 
Its a comfy 76 degrees here now, slightly overcast :)
light 5 mph breezes,,,,ahhhhhhh!!!:D

Mikey, be glad the car was white, a dark color might have hurt worse!!!:eek:

After work, gotta go to the new house and either paint or do some serious weedwacking (lawn has been neglected a few months)
I'm hoping the in-laws got some painting done today!:p
 
Went to Alexandria just after noon today (had to wrap up my bill paying activities in Leesville first). The AC in the car hasn't worked in 8 years so it was a bit hot to say the least. I got caught up in slow traffic and in no time it was hot enough to fry bacon and eggs on the dash. It's supposed to be even hotter this weekend. I know where I'll be. In my trailer, where it's 70 degrees!
 
It's hot here too!

Thank God we have a sea breeze or we would cook to death! We have been getting hit and miss showers all week. Just enough rain to make it more humid but not enough to keep your grass green!

My son is back with his mom, this morning he was checking his bank account on my computer. His mom drained it at Target two weeks ago!:mad: I got him a small safe for under his bed.....:) Told him to keep his cash locked up good and tight and hide the key! If he listens to me he should be fine....:rolleyes::o I gave him back the $70 she took!:mad: She stole $175 from me a while back! I closed that door too!:mad: My wife has got some bad issues!:mad: Like I said, "I pitty her, and feel great sadness too!" She has changed totaly from who she was?:confused: I think she's loosing her mind? O'well I'm keeping Close tabs on ryan and ready to act if nessary!:cool:

Other than that my son and I had a great week working together and look forward to our next outing!
 
Good morning, or should I say, welcome to the searing pit. It's 79 headed to a high of 102 with a heat index of 110. The sky will be clear all day so the weather guesser says.

The weather report should tell you where I'm going to be. Right here under the AC. At the moment I'm looking at a pair of GP30's that need decals, but first I need to make those decals. That includes setting up the iron maiden, er, printer.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/P1011121.jpg
 
Both the Air Hockey and Fooseball table sold at the garage sale, first hurdle cleared! :) Next step, convince dad. Shouldnt be easy. Ill tell him itll be a nice introduction to general trade skills. Basic wood construction, electrical, tools, keeping a budget, maintanence, following plans, ect. Shouldnt be very hard to win him over. Now ive got to draw a track plan and take some measurements. Thats the hard part. I got about $200 dollars out of the garage sale, enough for 4x8's and some foam.
 


Matt- Consider L-girder construction for your frame work and you can glue and screw the foamboard directly to the wood, no plywood or particle board needed.
Pick your time period and geography and advise what industries you plan to have on the layout. Then, maybe we can provide some useful suggestions.

We LOVE to help!:cool:
 
Matt- Consider L-girder construction for your frame work and you can glue and screw the foamboard directly to the wood, no plywood or particle board needed.
Pick your time period and geography and advise what industries you plan to have on the layout. Then, maybe we can provide some useful suggestions.

We LOVE to help!:cool:

Cant do that mikey, but thanks for the suggestion. Itll be a 4x8 laid across a 3x6 table for now. Unless i can scam my dad for the 6x10 i really want.

Modern era using "second hand" second generation diesels with a mix of modern day locomotives. A shortline specializing in lumber, paper and fuel products. Upstate NY, Adirondack mountains, somewheres along the Hudson River.
 
HELLLLOOOOOOO!!!
Anyone home???!!!!???!!!:eek::eek:

I was wondering where ppl went this morning!!!

We had a bit of a scare yesterday--Audrey goes out for a morning walk in our neighbourhood. She did that yesterday and got hit by a driver dweeb who was paying more attention to his cellphone than his driving--drove too quickly and went around a corner without stopping at a stop sign---Audrey had just got to the other side of the crossing and --BOOM!!--got clobbered. Guy ended up clobbering a tree as well. He's been charged with reckless operation of a motor vehicle as well as using a cellphone while operating a motor vehicle and making an improper turn:mad::mad:. Audrey ended up in hospital for awhile yesterday but is home now with a badly sprained leg and a broken wrist:eek::mad::eek::mad:

What's in store today? Back to w**k and being a nurse to my wife---;):) I'm so glad that was all that happened to her as it could have been a lot worse considering how fast he was going--:eek:
 
HELLLLOOOOOOO!!!
Anyone home???!!!!???!!!:eek::eek:

I was wondering where ppl went this morning!!!

We had a bit of a scare yesterday--Audrey goes out for a morning walk in our neighbourhood. She did that yesterday and got hit by a driver dweeb who was paying more attention to his cellphone than his driving--drove too quickly and went around a corner without stopping at a stop sign---Audrey had just got to the other side of the crossing and --BOOM!!--got clobbered. Guy ended up clobbering a tree as well. He's been charged with reckless operation of a motor vehicle as well as using a cellphone while operating a motor vehicle and making an improper turn:mad::mad:. Audrey ended up in hospital for awhile yesterday but is home now with a badly sprained leg and a broken wrist:eek::mad::eek::mad:

What's in store today? Back to w**k and being a nurse to my wife---;):) I'm so glad that was all that happened to her as it could have been a lot worse considering how fast he was going--:eek:

Well @#$%, dude that stinks! it's getting were you can't even walk with out something bad happening to ya!:( Well at least she's alive and as well as can be expected!:)





On the home front,

I got to work on cleaning up the house, Being the wife is still MIA and no paper work has shown up to determine if I'm devorced or not?:confused: She still won't talk to me, I sent 4 letters trying to get some answers to question related to the house, Ryan, and marriag? She won't deal with me.

Either way I'm making progress on the clean up with the house, I'm going to work on the back patio! Power wash and clean up the patio! I never realized how messy my wife was until she left. My sister and her boy friend were over last night, and she commented on how clean and neat the house was!:eek::) Bill, said, "I'll make some OTHER woman a lovely #itch one day:rolleyes::p I work, Cook, Clean, Do the Laundry, and Good with Yard Apes!"

What a freaking deal I'am!:D:D We'll start the bidding at $3000.00 for slightly used Husband!:p
 
It's gotten to where a person can't even go for a walk without being hit by some idiot yakking on a da*n cell phone! Strap the guy down over a fire ant mound!


Good morning. It's 77 and sunny. The high will be 105 and it will be mostly sunny. The heat index will be 112.

Nothing going on today. I'll be staying inside as much as possible today due to the high temps outside. Let's see, stay inside where it's cool or go outside and get roasted? I opt for staying in. Got the GP30's patched yesterday. One for the L&A and the other for Zorin Industries. Any Bond fan should recognize that name from 'A view to a kill', and it's literally a patch over a patch.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/P1011131.jpg
 
Morning yall,

Thought I'd share some interesting news. My oldest daughter's boyfriend had The Talk with me yesterday - IOW, he asked my permission to ask Sarah to marry him. What a heady experience. He's so starry-eyed in love with her, I had to remind him the time will come when love is less of a 'feeling' and more of a lifetime commitment and I hope their marriage will be permanent. He's a great guy though, especially compared to some of the ones who were chasing after her when she was in high school.:eek:

Chris I promise I'll never do to him what your slimeball FIL did to you..! I'm still including you in my daily Intentions.

Barry sorry to hear about that near-miss, but glad to hear Audrey wasn't more seriously hurt. Makes me shudder to think what could happen to any of us.

Karl I'll C U next week at your new basement. Keith is coming over today @ 1:00 to give me some last-minute advice before I start building the new benchwork. I've only done rectanglular-framed layouts so far, never did an Armstrong-style "organic" layout.

Matt good luck with your layout project. I should'a done one myself when I was your age, but I just amassed a collection of Blueboxes and ran them on the BSME Club layout. Many fond memories of that time, but I still wish I had taken an opportunity to learn the basics of layout construction.

'Bama guys - looks like you've got some triple-digit weather to cope with down there. Hope your ACs are in good working order. I guess this must be the true MRR season for you guys, as the winter usually is for us Dam yankees:D
 
Morning gents

Barry- Sorry to hear about the wife. I cant even ride my bike and text at the same time, how are people supposed to drive and text? Ive even got a full keyboard phone and its still difficult!

Chris- So if she isnt responding to anything, how are you two supposed to go any farther in either direction, either get back together or go your seperate ways? It sounds like shes screwing both of you over and it doesnt make any sense even to me, and im only a few weeks shy of 15 :confused:

Not doing much today. Probably going to work on and hopefully finish some summer work. I finished one packet so far. Still 3 more to go for english, and i havent even gotten one of the books yet :cool:. The other book is Dickens, :eek: I think im going to drop my AP SS course, its not anything im interested in, the only thing i like is that its a college credit. The 10th grade advanced ss teacher came into our 9th grade ap class and gave us an assignment. 4 freaking hours of homework for one subject. I cant juggle that much, practice goes to at least 5, i cant be doing +5 hours of homework and still be good enough for the next day. Sophmore year is a year that colleges are looking at too, this has to be a big year for me.

Anyways other than slaving behind a pen, ill hopefully run up to lowes and grab some foam and 2 4x8s. 2in thick right? How many layers? Is liquid nails good enough to hold the foam together and to the 4x8s?

Jeff- What are your weathering powders called again?
 
Morning yall,

Thought I'd share some interesting news. My oldest daughter's boyfriend had The Talk with me yesterday - IOW, he asked my permission to ask Sarah to marry him. What a heady experience. He's so starry-eyed in love with her, I had to remind him the time will come when love is less of a 'feeling' and more of a lifetime commitment and I hope their marriage will be permanent. He's a great guy though, especially compared to some of the ones who were chasing after her when she was in high school.:eek:

Chris I promise I'll never do to him what your slimeball FIL did to you..! I'm still including you in my daily Intentions.

Ken, our real problem was the apron strings were never cut when I married her! She put her Mom and Dad before her Husband and Son, and it still that way. Just make sure you let your Daughter and SIL handle their own problems on their own! Stay out of their privite life and all should go well!

MY FIL over steped his bounds way to many times to count. I understand his reasons but he needed to leave well enough alone and let Janette and me work things out on our own. Now my wife I can tell you with out talking to her or seeing her. She is at least $2k to $4k in credit card debt by now and she should be going backwards soon $$$$ wise.

So my taking her back is becomming less and less of a chance or an option. She should be SOL after Christmas!


Morning gents

Chris- So if she isnt responding to anything, how are you two supposed to go any farther in either direction, either get back together or go your seperate ways? It sounds like shes screwing both of you over and it doesnt make any sense even to me, and im only a few weeks shy of 15 :confused:

Matt, My son Ryan is 13 and he see's what you do! It sux's for him he's got to change schools needlessly and if she would let him, he still could attend his own school. I tryed to talk to her, her Dad, and siblings. Nobody wants to talk to me or hear me out, all they have manage to do is distroy the relationship they have with Ryan. He has decided on his own he will give her till he his in 10th grade/15 years old to streighten up......If not he moves in with me.
Matt, You and my son are a lot a like! You guys are super smart young lads.....Kudo's to you both!:)






Either way Gent's, I'm still OK and living:o. Just sux's I really can't move on until I get some kinda word either way of what her true intents really are?:confused::( The paper work/devorce hasn't been mentioned or anything and thats what has got me puzzled?:confused: That should have been the first thing she should have done? I can't afford a lawer yet and might not be able to until I get a job! So I sit here in Limbo waiting......Waitng and.....Waiting! Keep the prayers up they are working and I'll keep ya all informed on......"As Chris' World Turns.":rolleyes::o
 


Hi fellows! Glad to see you all here. I believe Jim sent me that stomach critter and it took revenge out on me this weekend. Actually, there is suppose to be some kind of a virus running around. My stomach bloated so bad, I thought I would burst. Dang it was painful and even had to take a pain pill to ease the misery. I tried Pepto, GasX, Ducolax, etc., but the wife got things moving though with the most awful (I mean really awful) tasting oral laxative. All is much better today, but still have a lot of soreness.

Ken: you are right about our temps. Its a mild 101 with an index of 107. Tomorrow is suppose to be a bit "warmer" :rolleyes::D.

Chris: You at least need to have a consultation with a lawyer. He can get things moving for you and give you a better understanding of where you stand...if that is what you want. Prices and payment can be worked out.;):)

Barry: that is a real bummer. It is hard to understand how one can be so GD occupied with a cell phone, instead of paying attention to their driving. Unfortunately, this is happening everywhere and all our governments are slow to see the obvious danger. My pet pieve is the loud 2000+ watt boomers. There is no way they can hear a siren or warning horn and most look like they are in another world (and probably are) while driving.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top