Coffee Shop XXXVI-2/4/2013

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Say, do anyone of you guys know how to Madison? :rolleyes:

No, wait a minute,,,thats not what I'm talking about! I'm seeing a big lag,,,like I got notification of Jeffrey's evening sign off, at 9:30 this morning!:eek:

I've been getting the same, only i think the delay is greater.
 
I wouldn't know about notifications. I turned them off years ago. The only notifications I get are for PM's, friends, etc.

*

*


I did some work on the primer gray FP7 today. I drilled holes for the railings and grabs and fitted them in. The smallest drill bit I have is a 1/32" so the holes are a bit bigger than needed. I'll have to pack some clay in around the ends of the rails and grabs. It's not the best job but it'll do. I'm not going to make a habit of it that's for sure. There was very little cleanup work done.

Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

DSCN3288.jpg
 
Good Evening...

Wonderful sun showed up this afternoon so Audrey and myself took a walk along Springbank Park here in London ON just to get some air....

Going to be somewhat the same tomorrow as well....
 


Op Session

Good morning it's 07:00 hrs in Medina, Ohio. It's 20 deg out and partly cloudy. Looking for some snow for the next couple day. Went to an op session last night in Akron. Pretty good sized get together, 12 guys and a busy 2 1/2 hours. I am a newbie at this and spent my time as a helper in the main yard. The DHR is a 3 peninsula walkin, digitrax ystem, with 3 yards. Great fun but sometimes gets real strenous. I also join another op session 10 minutes from my home which I must say is very enjoyable but just slightly smaller. I have operated on this one about six times and feel much more comfortable.
Well have a good day.
Thanks
Wayne
 
Good morning. It's 62° with 100% humidity. The high will be 65°.
cond20.jpg
cond026.gif


The wind advisory is in effect yet again today. Sustained winds of 20-30mph with gusts above 34. Fortunately there's nowhere outside of this area that I have to be today. No plans for today except to work on the layout. I see a big mess right in front of me that needs cleaning up. Some of it is leftovers from yesterdays project.

I have no idea how long I'll be online today. My internet service has gone out several times this morning already and I'm actually enjoying the idea of tracking down the nearest Suddenlink tech and giving him a piece of my mind. Thing is I don't know if he'd know what to do with it.

DSCN3289.jpg
 
Good morning, America! So far the winter storm that we have been warned about has been a big dud! Nothing has come of it so far and with a temperature of 33° and predictions of slightly warmer temps, hopefully most everything we get will be rain. Won't break my heart. The weather is supposed to warm into the 50's as the week progresses. Still waiting to see my first robin. Spring is just around the corner!
 
Good morning folks.

I woke up to a fresh coating of snow. We've received about six inches over the past 24 hours.

I bought a house yesterday! This is the one I was talking about the other day. It has five bedrooms, three bathrooms, three stall garage, and a Trex deck outside. I bought this one because of the space. It has a bedroom in the basement that is 11x15 that my current layout should fit in. Don't tell my wife that I only plan to reuse half of the layout and completely reconstruct the Mankato portion!:D There is also a large living room in the basement to accommodate my home theater set up. I got them to throw in the custom made pool table so my downstairs man cave is coming into focus. Between the trains, big screen TV, pool table, and my pinball machine, I shall see no need to go up stairs! Needless to say, I'm excited. I've lived in this rental townhouse for almost five years so I've forgotten what it's like to have so much space to play with.

Time to get ready for work.
Have a good day everyone.
 
Good morning it's 07:00 hrs in Medina, Ohio. It's 20 deg out and partly cloudy. Looking for some snow for the next couple day. Went to an op session last night in Akron. Pretty good sized get together, 12 guys and a busy 2 1/2 hours. I am a newbie at this and spent my time as a helper in the main yard. The DHR is a 3 peninsula walkin, digitrax ystem, with 3 yards. Great fun but sometimes gets real strenous. I also join another op session 10 minutes from my home which I must say is very enjoyable but just slightly smaller. I have operated on this one about six times and feel much more comfortable.
Well have a good day.
Thanks
Wayne
Good to hear from you Wayne. Sounds like you're having some interesting and fun time running trains on nice layouts. Keep us up to date on the happenings. :)


Mike
 


Good morning folks.

I woke up to a fresh coating of snow. We've received about six inches over the past 24 hours.

I bought a house yesterday! This is the one I was talking about the other day. It has five bedrooms, three bathrooms, three stall garage, and a Trex deck outside. I bought this one because of the space. It has a bedroom in the basement that is 11x15 that my current layout should fit in. Don't tell my wife that I only plan to reuse half of the layout and completely reconstruct the Mankato portion!:D There is also a large living room in the basement to accommodate my home theater set up. I got them to throw in the custom made pool table so my downstairs man cave is coming into focus. Between the trains, big screen TV, pool table, and my pinball machine, I shall see no need to go up stairs! Needless to say, I'm excited. I've lived in this rental townhouse for almost five years so I've forgotten what it's like to have so much space to play with.

Time to get ready for work.
Have a good day everyone.

Congrats on the house Corey! Now about that snow,,,,rumor says you sent it our way,,,,hey I thought we were friends!:eek::D
 
You CAN get sunburned here - right now! It's 74 and sunny though quite gusty. The wind gusts are coming so fast it's shaking my trailer.

Just an example, Jeffrey posted this at 3:42 yesterday, I received notification at 8:42 last night.
It used to be like, instant. I have received notifications before while i was posting at the same time. Something change?:confused::confused::confused:
 
Good morning, America! So far the winter storm that we have been warned about has been a big dud! Nothing has come of it so far and with a temperature of 33° and predictions of slightly warmer temps, hopefully most everything we get will be rain. Won't break my heart. The weather is supposed to warm into the 50's as the week progresses. Still waiting to see my first robin. Spring is just around the corner!
You got lucky Bob. But we here in central and NW ohio are supposed to get 4-6 inches snow later today and wednesday. It won't bother me since I mostly stay indoors these days upstairs in this big old house......soaking up knowledge on the web, and occasionally working on my layout. Just started building a nitro RC race car to run at my friends huge outdoor track in a couple months.
 
Just an example, Jeffrey posted this at 3:42 yesterday, I received notification at 8:42 last night.
It used to be like, instant. I have received notifications before while i was posting at the same time. Something change?:confused::confused::confused:
Maybe need roto-rooter to clean out slow moving internet pipes? :D
 
My mistake, we've had 8.5 inches of snow so far. Karl, you can't prove that any of my snow is heading your way. It could be from New Mexico!:D

Thanks for the congrats guys. I'm totally consumed with this process. I guess you could say I'm a little obsessive! For the basement, I get to pick the carpet color, paint color, and a new couch. I'm mulling over my options for color, quality, price. It's making my head spin!:)
 
Guess I spoke to soon. The snow is starting in pretty good right now and the temperature has dropped to 32.:mad: I'm still hoping that this won't amount to too much for us. We're right on the bubble as to how much we will or won't get. I'm hoping for an inch or two at most. Hope springs eternal! Where I start work Thursday morning is in the 6 inch range. And there is a mile and a quarter walk into the power plant from the parking lot! Somebody's sick attempt to get the workers physically fit.:rolleyes:
 
they are still calling for ours to start tonight, with 8-10 inches in our area before it stops tomorrow,,,,,,,funny, its 46 and gorgeous outside right now!! If I didn't know the storm was comin, I'd wash the car!;)
 
5:00 and all is quiet here in the [formerly] Free State. 50*F, blue skies, sun shining - makes it hard to believe that in less than 12 hours the weather will have gone completely to hell.

I've made all the preparations possible: Test-ran the generator, brought in several stacks of firewood, bought a days worth of non-perishable foods. And this time, I'll park the vehicles near the foot of the driveway, close to the road - so I won't have to clear snow away for the entire 300ft length just to get my cars out! The only thing I'm really concerned about now is if we lose our power early in the storm's life cycle. My generator is in a shed with its doors facing directly north, and I can't have it running while the northeast wind is blasting in wet snow at 25-30mph!:eek: So I might lose a lot of my existing inventory of perishable foods.
 
Well, it looks like we got lucky after all!!! The storm is past us, the winter storm advisory is canceled and aside from some strong winds all we got were some heavy flurries that lasted for about 40 minutes!!! None of the snow that we got stuck to the roads and nothing is blowing around because of a light crust of freezing rain and some melting temperatures that have sealed what is on the ground. Sometimes, you do get lucky!

My son and daughter-in-law live in Peoria, where they got a fairly good coating of snow. They've been back in Illinois almost a month now. Big change from Texas! They have to get used to driving in all this crap, to top it all off.
 


Can't say it's gonna be all that bad here. Low of 35, 10mph north wind. Looking at a sunny day tomorrow with a high of 62.

I know, I can hear it already. SHUT-UP JEFF!:D
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top