Coffee Shop XXXVI-2/4/2013

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


holy crap you guys up north left the door open , its only 46* here this morning BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. :eek:
It's supposed to be snowing here when I leave to come to your city on Wednesday. Please make sure the heating bill is paid before I get there. Thank you.
 
Good morning. It's 36° with 78% humidity. The high will be 60°.
cond026.gif


The low this morning was 27° with a north wind. Sure hope my father took a good coat when he went to his job this morning. It gets pretty cold on top of those fuel tanks.

One of the items on the agenda today is to switch out the Lenz decoder in the primer gray FP7 with a DH123. It's a simple matter to unplug one and plug in the other then program it. Then there's the ever present pile of clutter to clear off the layout. It's slow going but I'm making a dent.

DSCN3268.jpg
 
It's supposed to be snowing here when I leave to come to your city on Wednesday. Please make sure the heating bill is paid before I get there. Thank you.
hey your coming back.:cool: your brother still lives here right ?? its supposed to still be cold all week till fri
 


hey your coming back.:cool: your brother still lives here right ?? its supposed to still be cold all week till fri
Yes. He retired last month, and my nephew (his son) and I are flying down, loading a Uhaul truck, and driving it (and him) back up here.
His apartment is on Pondella Road, near the club on Tamiami Trail.
Supposedly he is all packed and ready to go, with nothing more than his laptop to keep him amused.
 
Yes. He retired last month, and my nephew (his son) and I are flying down, loading a Uhaul truck, and driving it (and him) back up here.
His apartment is on Pondella Road, near the club on Tamiami Trail.
Supposedly he is all packed and ready to go, with nothing more than his laptop to keep him amused.

Terry
He's retiring up north?
Have you had him checked, ya know, mentally??:rolleyes:
 
Terry
He's retiring up north?
Have you had him checked, ya know, mentally??:rolleyes:

yea i thought everybody retire to florida lol

His 750 square foot apartment is $850 a month in Florida.
My 2700 square foot house on an acre is $700 a month.
His son and I both live within 35 miles of each other, and where he is moving is 2 miles from Historic Spencer Shops.
Virtually no mosquitos.
No Hurricanes.
 
No cleanup on the layout today. I did get the decoder in the gray primered FP7 changed out and I tore down another unit for a full cleaning and inspection. It's back together and checked off the list as A-OK. I have several left to do. I won't need the heater tonight. The low will be 45° with a south wind.

Time to call it a night. See y'all tomorrow.

PIC_0064.jpg
 
Good morning. It's 49° with 95% humidity. The high will be 72°. A wind advisory is in effect.
condmc-1.jpg


Looks like it's going to be a windy day here come about 10am. The weather guesser is talking about a south wind around 25mph coming up with gusts to 35mph. It's calm outside right now. Not a breath of wind.

It should be a good day to get some layout work done provided something else doesn't come up which it probably will after I've picked up three items. I'm also toying with this crazy idea of starting work on the primer gray FP7 to get the grabs and rails mounted. This includes drilling the holes for them. See why that sounds like a crazy idea?

DSCN3244.jpg



EDIT: Well, I said I might get something done provided something else didn't come up. Well as usual something has. About one minute after I typed that my father called saying he has something I need to help him with. Isn't that always the way?
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Jeffrey, are you using the new version of Photo-Bucket to post pictures with? Over the past several weeks I've been getting more and more little blue icons indicating pictures that won't post on my Kindle Fire. It used to be that web pages showed up just like on a full sized computer but lately that has changed. If that is the case, I don't like the new version at all!!! It even did it with Bill's post this morning for the first time!
 
I don't try to keep up with or worry too much about the teensy weensy detail parts on my N scale locomotives. For the most part they're durable and stay in place. But if like one of the two horns falls off, heck I'm just happy the thing still pulls 20 cars around the track. :)

We have a winter storm watch for tomorrow tuesday, 6 to 9 inches of snow possible. Guess winter is not giving up just yet. :(



Mike
 
Jeffrey, are you using the new version of Photo-Bucket to post pictures with? Over the past several weeks I've been getting more and more little blue icons indicating pictures that won't post on my Kindle Fire. It used to be that web pages showed up just like on a full sized computer but lately that has changed. If that is the case, I don't like the new version at all!!! It even did it with Bill's post this morning for the first time!
I'm not having any problems with the new Photobucket. I did initially when all the photo posting tags (img, email, html, etc) were all automatically activated. I deactivated the IMG and HTML thumbnail codes and had no more problem.
 
The wind has come up here, about 25-30mph and the white caps are rolling on the lake. To be more accurate, big waves out in the deep water and BIG white caps in the shallow areas. Anybody out there has got to be a nut!

I helped my father with his project this morning then we went to the Waffle Shoppe in New Llano for breakfast, so it hasn't been a totally wasted morning.
 
Jeffery- I prefer your gusty wind and 49 degrees over the snow and Ice in Ohio.
I had the pleasure of watching my grandson play baseball on Saturday, in 40 degree weather, spitting snow for 6 hours. It was my choice to sit there but the kids toughed it out under very adverse conditions for Alabama. By the end of the spring season, we will be getting sunburned.
I real y enjoyed painting a couple HO vehicles as I sipped hot coffee that evening!
 
Hi Gang.

Anybody else getting email forum updates that are 10-12 hours old when you get them??

Its like there's a time warp, and no Rocky Horror! :rolleyes::confused:
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top