Coffee Shop XXXV-12/3/2012

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Earlier today I was doing some work on a Bachmann GP40 shell and just out of curiosity plopped it down on the Stewart/Athearn/Proto AS16 drive I've been playing around with and came up with this smooth running creature. It looks like a Bachmann from the wrong side of the shop but runs smoother and quieter than my newest Atlas. Now what to do with it? This thing is just an experimental accident! It's obviously not an AS16 and it's very obviously not a GP40. What would one call this spawn of the warped mind of Dr Frankendiesel? I'm at a total loss! I look at it and my mind just goes blank.

DSCN2940.jpg
 
Looks like I'm gonna be ducking for cover yet again. Another big thunder-boomer is coming in. This one looks and sounds thoroughly vile! Hope to be back later.
 


Good Morning..

Another beautiful day for us...until Friday when the rain comes down...high of 40F low of 28F...heeheehee:)

I got up at a strange time...can't go back to sleep now..so started working on the report ...I know...Now? Yes, now.:confused::rolleyes: That way I can get finished a little earlier then...heeheehee... That way I can get a bit of time in running some trains here:eek::D:D

Anyways...got some stuff to do here..have a good one!!:D
 
Good morning. It's 61° with 100% humidity. A flood warning is in effect. Showers and thunderstorms with locally heavy rain are likely. The high will be 72°.
cond100.jpg


Quack, quack, quack! It's getting decidedly wet here. There's no danger of flooding on my hilltop here but the local lakes and waterways are rising at an alarming rate. Roads in this area are still open though that could change at any time.

I still have the thing I created yesterday sitting on the layout. It's a Stewart AS16 frame, Athearn motor/flywheels, Proto 2000 AAR trucks, Athearn/Proto hybrid shafts, Bachmann GP40 body and Bachmann decoder all fitted together and sitting there looking like it's been there a hundred years and I still don't have a name for the thing.

No plans for today. The weather is too dicey to get committed to any one project at this time.

DSCN2957.jpg
 
Good Morning:

It's 43F and sunny at the Jersey Shore. If the weather follows pattern, around 1PM it will cloud up again.

Jeffrey, that's one unique locomotive you have there :).

Another day of shopping. The new larger, better refrigerator/freezer holds less than the old one, although it takes up more room. Oh well, that's less to spoil during one of JCP&L's frequent, extended power outages :).

Y'all have a great day!
 


Went to town with my father today. First we had a late lunch at Los Mayas Mexican restaurant (formerly El Giros) then we went to Wal-Mart to pick up some essential items. From there we went to the nursing home to check on my mother. I wish I could say she's doing better but that's not the case. All they can do is try to maintain a status qua. She's so bad now the only thing keeping her going is the drugs. She's steadily slipping away. The docs say it could be any time. They don't think she'll make it to summer and frankly neither do I.
 
Good afternoon from very Cold Coarsegold, CA.
It Hailed twice here so far with Thunder too. The ground was almost completely covered with small Pea size Hail both times and the temp is about 32*F.

It a good time to go into the garage and crank up the Oil heater a bit and do some layout work.
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top