Coffee Shop XXXV-12/3/2012

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.




The weather guesser strikes out. Again. This morning there was no rain in the forecast. Take a wild guess what's happening now. That's right. It's raining. Thankfully the oil change on the van was done this morning when it was dry. One thing I hate is working in mud! Got the bill paying and the first half of the grocery shopping done. Got a letter saying I should take out a mortgage on my home. Guess they don't know it's a sixty-two year old mobile home! It's not much but it's paid for.
 
{putting my fingers in my ears} la la la la la WE AREN'T LISTENING :p
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Got a letter saying I should take out a mortgage on my home. Guess they don't know it's a sixty-two year old mobile home!
They might not need to know until after you've bought a whole container load of awesome new train stuff. Then just show them the letter and point out it was their idea. :D




Mike
 
Well I got a bit accomplished today. Changed the oil in the van, new filter installed, bought gas for the beast, paid bills, got the first half of the groceries, perishables mostly.

No work on the layout today. I did however change out the A unit on the F unit trio. I took off the patched Santa Fe F7A and put on the L&A F7A #1525, a Bowser/Stewart shell on a chassis consisting of Athearn and Proto 2000 parts driven by a PPW motor.

We got rain today when it wasn't in the forecast. It didn't rain long, just long enough to leave egg on the weather guessers face. It's 39 now. We're expecting a low of 32 and no rain according to the weather guesser. He already missed once today so the umbrella is by the door.

DSCN2848.jpg
 
Well, I just wasted 4 hours trying to get this DecoderPro software working on my laptop with my NCE system. I'm about ready to throw this Win8 POS thru the window. The ******* USB-to-Serial device driver won't start, it says something about "not enough virtual memory quota". I did a google search and discovered that is a fairly generic error message that can occur in a gazillion different situations for as many different reasons. It's times like this that make me wonder if I am becoming too stupid for model railroading as I get older. Life's too short for this kind of heartburn.
 
Well, I just wasted 4 hours trying to get this DecoderPro software working on my laptop with my NCE system. I'm about ready to throw this Win8 POS thru the window. The ******* USB-to-Serial device driver won't start, it says something about "not enough virtual memory quota". I did a google search and discovered that is a fairly generic error message that can occur in a gazillion different situations for as many different reasons. It's times like this that make me wonder if I am becoming too stupid for model railroading as I get older. Life's too short for this kind of heartburn.

Got any 5 yr old grandkids to ask? (that'll make you feel good):p
 
By CSX road slug;

It's times like this that make me wonder if I am becoming too stupid for model railroading as I get older.
Quite the opposite! What at one time was a relatively simple hobby where about the most complicated thing was figuring out the block wiring scheme for all the cabs on a layout is now pretty thoroughly linked with computers, for better or worse! I usually, but not always, think for the better.
 
qqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqqb ....brought to you by Spring stepping...

Good Morning...*yawn*...

I need a strong coffee this morning...Do we still have raw caffeine in an IV bag? We do? Good...I'll have one of them thankye...

A mix of sun/cloud is greeting us this morning...high of 23F expected...low tonight is 15F...right now it is the mighty 13F....

Got to get cracking on them report papers...distill them down to a couple of binders ..then next week a few meetings/presentations to get to...with Powerpoint's for the lot.....oy....

Have to get runnin'...have a good day...
 
Good morning. It's 37° with 97% humidity. It'll be cloudy with a high of 52°. North wind coming off the lake will make it feel colder.
condmc-1.jpg


Now that my food stamp card is reloaded I can do the remainder of the grocery shopping today. I have a tremendous budget of $45 to work with. I also need to get a couple of cans of engine restore for the vans engine. That quiets those old valve trains down nicely. Paper towels are also on the procurement list. Later I may be able to get some cleanup work done on the layout. That depends on if someone has made plans for my day that I don't know about.

DSCN2858.jpg
 
Good morning everyone! 33* now and sunshine. Having some fun finally since laying track last night and hooking up the prodigy express DCC unit for the first time with a layout. I have three DCC equipped bachmann union pacific locomotives. They all run great. One dash 8-40C and two GP-7's. This track setup is temporary to test out equipment and run some trains while designing a big switchyard.

Mike

DCClayout008_zps8bc6bb60.png

DCClayout001_zpsff69190e.png
 


Morning everybody, 28 degrees here with a high of 57 in the north bay area. No rain.
Nice start to your layout.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top