Coffee Shop XXXV-12/3/2012

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Good morning. It's 38° with 100% humidity. It'll be partly cloudy with a high of 72°.
cond026.gif


This morning I installed body mounted Kadee #5 couplers on a Life-Like Peabody 100 ton hopper. This will be the last for a while as I'm now out of supplies to do so. The remaining cars have been placed back in the box they came in and it'll be put in the closet for now.

Sometime today, I know not when, my father and I will go to town to get some Christmas shopping done. This will be for much needed clothing only. There won't be anything even faintly resembling model railroad items from any family member.

Time to get about the days activities.

P1011909.jpg
 
Good Morning.

It's already 54F at the Jersey Shore, heading for 60F. The probability of rain has diminished to 20%, and the sun is coming through the overcast.

Enjoy the day.
 
Good morning. About 40* degrees, cloudy with showers likely today and high of 45*. Had a cup of tea since I'm out of coffee. Making quick breakfast....then going to walk seven blocks for exercize and to mcdonalds for a hot mocha coffee. Yippee!

Maybe shop will call later with estimate for fixing the toyota.


Mike
 


77* in sunny fla going up to 81*, well i have a u-50 in the mail & on the way from evilbay, yea like i need another engine :D
 
Got the box of donated train cars in the closet and I'm now slowly working on getting the layout straightened up. I haven't yet sorted through the eleven cars I cleaned up and fitted with Kadee couplers. Some I'll keep and some I'll let go. I've already decided the Toys R Us boxcar is staying! I first saw one years ago and decided I wanted one but never got it. Now I have one that's in good condition.
 
Made some progress on the bench work for the last section of my layout. Still not sure how the track will run except that there will be a main track and a runaround.

Weather changed around 3PM today with the temperature dropping from 57F to 47F during the course of a short but intense rain shower.

Tomorrow is another day.
 
Jeff what does that Toys-R-Us boxcar look like? Enquiring minds want to know...

I've been having a weird stress-related affliction. For the past week or so, I thought I had (a) mild food poisoning, (b) stomach flu or (c) some sort of food allergy. Then I started noticing that the pain subsides when I'm moving around or focusing on something I enjoy. So I've been trying biofeedback when I have to sit down, and it works ~60% of the time. I don't have the kind of anxiety about it that I originally did, but it's still a PITA.

I was planning for a possible op session tomorrow with Karl and a few others, but the group decided to postpone it until after the holidays - which is fine with me. At least preparing for it gave me an excuse to run trains, which temporarily subdued the abdominal pain. Medicinal modeling...who woulda thunket!:p:D
 
Good Evening guys,
The day was a mixture of clouds and blue sky but chilly to say the least. I needed to get up on the roof again and inspect a few things which I didn't around to till this afternoon which was sunny but my bare hands were quite cold after about 45 minutes up there and when I came in the back porch and checked the thermometer it read 48* which is 10* warmer than outside so it was at least 38* and no wonder my hands were almost forzen!

I spent the morning doing some pricing and answering some text messages.

Hope everyone else is staying warm.
 


Good Morning Bill & Mike,
It's quite cold here in Central Calif, it's 28°F per my estimation, lets see what WG weather says? 29.8 °F per WGw, anyway is cold and wet!

Well guys I don't mind if I do have a cup of coffee with you both.


I just remembered an old RR witticism;

Break-mans lament

I don't get to pull the whistle or ring the bell,

but let the darn thing jump the track
and guess who catches hell!

Have a good morning!
 
Good Morning!

It's a distinctively cooler 39F this morning in Howell, NJ. More seasonable staying in the 40s today..........or so they say.

I miss hockey................

Have a great day!
 
Good Morning to ye!!

A very dull drab sky welcomes us'uns here...the clouds parted last night...stayed clear most of the night but now...a the skies lighten up...back to dull dull dull we go...high today...44F....

Today is another runnin' 'roun' doin' stuff day for me...better get doing this!!
 
Good morning. It's 64° with 92% humidity. It'll be cloudy with a chance of rain. The high will be 78°.
condmc-1.jpg
cond20.jpg


Nothing special planned for today. Just continue to straighten up the layout. Van battery was run down again yesterday. I charged it enough to get the engine started then turned on everything then disconnected the battery. It kept running without missing a lick, headlights on, flashers going, wipers on, interior lights on. So the problem isn't the alternator or regulator. Shut everything down then charged the battery to full. I then disconnected it. I'll reconnect it when I need to go somewhere. If there's no drop in the charge I'll know something in the van is running it down. However if it goes down while disconnected I'll know the problem is the battery itself.

P1011925.jpg
 
Just when I thought all of the holiday preparation was finished, we had to venture back out to Costco, Home Depot, Pet Smart and the Super market. Just to make matters worse, I wacked my bad knee with the edge of the car door. Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!! That hurt!

When I'm finished resting, I have work to do on my layout.
 
oh me achin eyes,:eek:
Lettering 2 ex Wm BL2's for Chessie, 4 digit numbers in small numberboards.
How small are they?:confused:
Small enough to require n-scale numbers, applied 1 number at a time!:mad:

I'm only half done!! If I don't stop soon, I'm gonna go blind! ;):rolleyes:;):eek::eek::eek:
 






Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top