Coffee Shop XXXV-12/3/2012

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Good morning. It's 64° with 92% humidity. It'll be cloudy with a chance of rain. The high will be 78°.
condmc-1.jpg
cond20.jpg




P1011925.jpg

Jeffrey:

That ATSF shock control box wouldn't be metal would it? Looks like a metal Varney kit that I almost bought. Some of the cantankerous old timers that hung around the Hobby Shop back around 1961 - 1962 when I started in HO used to remark that assembly of plastic kits was for amateurs, they bragged that "Real" model railroaders only bought and assembled wooden or metal kits, because that's what the real ones were made of.
 
oh me achin eyes,:eek:
Lettering 2 ex Wm BL2's for Chessie, 4 digit numbers in small numberboards.
How small are they?:confused:
Small enough to require n-scale numbers, applied 1 number at a time!:mad:

I'm only half done!! If I don't stop soon, I'm gonna go blind! ;):rolleyes:;):eek::eek::eek:

Just thinking about what you're doing makes my eyes hurt.:eek:
 


Good afternoon guys,

It's another cold day here, 34* at 4:20Pm.

I'd better walk down and check the mail so I'll talk with you guys later.
 
Just thinking about what you're doing makes my eyes hurt.:eek:

Mwuhahahahaha!!! :D

IF thinking about it hurt, catch an eyefull of this.:eek: The bottle kinda gives it scale! As luck would have it, no 2 numbers were in sequence, so they all had to be done one at a time!
The rest of the decals ought to be a breeze!!:rolleyes:
 
Those look like N scale rather than HO which I thought you modeled in, don't you?

No, they are Both Proto 2000 units/ 2 different production runs .

Trying to make a matched set, they had to be refinished, cuz P2K used 2 different colors for the lettering.:rolleyes:
 
Jeffrey:

That ATSF shock control box wouldn't be metal would it? Looks like a metal Varney kit that I almost bought.
Nope. It's an old Life-Like plastic model. Life-Like bought the Varney molds in the late 60's. That accounts for why so many Life-Like and Varney cars look alike.
 


Here's photo's of the only Train related items that I kept off of the Layout.:D



Hi Larry,
Good to see your on the forum still, that's a positive sign!

Also it's good to see you still have something to run and have some fun with, I was hopping you weren't dropping out completely.

See you around I'm sure.
 
Good Morning:

It's a Frosty 27F in Central Jersey this morning.

I think I have caught up with all chores, so today is work on the layout day. Well that's the plan right now.

Everyone have a great day!
 
good morning its a frost 77* going up to 82* again but everybody here is preparing for the cold front friday ,they are cleaning the shelves of milk & bread just incase they cant get to the store when it drops to 68* during the day lol :p
 
good morning its a frost 77* going up to 82* again but everybody here is preparing for the cold front friday ,they are cleaning the shelves of milk & bread just incase they cant get to the store when it drops to 68* during the day lol :p
Ha Ha! We may need to send you all down there a few boxcars full of shoes and pants! :)


Mike
 
I think Jeffrey might have got hammered by the storm......last night I saw a sizable line of storms headed across the south and midwest on the NWS radar. He usually has checked in by now.



Mike
 
We're getting hammered by the storm now. It was 53 at 8 o'clock this morning with a few bouts of misty rain. The temperature is now 32 with an inch of snow on the ground and roads. It's only been snowing about 45 minutes and it's been fairly warm for the last three or four days..............surprising how much accumulation we have already. The snow is totally sideways and it's hard to see the neighbor's house across the street. I HATE winter!!!!
 
We're getting hammered by the storm now. It was 53 at 8 o'clock this morning with a few bouts of misty rain. The temperature is now 32 with an inch of snow on the ground and roads. It's only been snowing about 45 minutes and it's been fairly warm for the last three or four days..............surprising how much accumulation we have already. The snow is totally sideways and it's hard to see the neighbor's house across the street. I HATE winter!!!!

wow you scared me so much i got out of my chair & knocked over my pina colada :p .im looking around & dont see any snow clouds ,but........ its gonna go down to 68* tommorrow :eek:
 


wow you scared me so much i got out of my chair & knocked over my pina colada :p .im looking around & dont see any snow clouds ,but........ its gonna go down to 68* tommorrow :eek:

Awwwwww poor baby! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Raining now, getting cooler, plenty of firewood, egg nog & spiced rum. Trains are inside, so who cares about outside???:confused::cool:
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top