Coffee Shop XXV

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
,the friggen new alternator is not charging !!!! :mad::mad::mad: Advance Auto Parts
Karl, you know what the opposite of advance is?....:D The belt is tight, and the alternator is hooked up, isn't it? A couple of times I've forgotten to plug the harness connector back in when I replaced an alternator, and only found out when I checked the voltage.
The old alternator worked, right? It just had a bearing noise?
Can you return the bad one and get your money and old alternator back? Maybe you can go to Napa for a replacement. They are a little more expensive, but you usually only have to replace a part once with them.
 
Good morning. It's 37 and cloudy. Today's high will be 51 with a 40% chance of rain.

Didn't get much done yesterday as my back, knees and ankle were yelling at me for doing too much walking Monday. My back still hurts but the knees and my right ankle have settled down. I'm going to be making the patch decals for the new GP38-2 today, barring interference from Murphy. I also have to go through some stuff I intend to get rid of that's serving as layout clutter at the moment. Here's the list:

BLI sound module. This hooks up to a DC power pack and the track. It has buttons for a horn and a bell. It's supposed to work the horn and bell on BLI DCC sound locos on a DC layout.

Atlas 9" plate girder bridge with NS track. A separate track section from another bridge is included.

Bachmann EZ-Command control station with power pack. No track connector wires or instructions. Instructions can be found on the Bachmann site.

Bachmann Santa Fe wide vision caboose.

Mehano NS curve track. 12 sections, 18" radius.

More to come later.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/P1011301.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'd hate to be in your shoes dude. I had to put a clutch in my Case tractor a couple months ago. You literally had to take the tratctor in two separate pieces, and the clutch was 400 bucks. It sounded like you got a job as complex as mine, and I wouldn't wish that on anybody.

Does anybody do operator sessions on their layout? I found about in the book how to set it up, and it's pretty cool using different cards to set up a drop and pickup list. It's actually making me think about what industries that I want to build on my layout. It's a lot of fun but I gotta build on. That and it also means I can acquire a lot more trains and boxcars.
 


Good morning. It's 37 and cloudy. Today's high will be 51 with a 40% chance of rain.

Didn't get much done yesterday as my back, knees and ankle were yelling at me for doing too much walking Monday. My back still hurts but the knees and my right ankle have settled down. I'm going to be making the patch decals for the new GP38-2 today, barring interference from Murphy. I also have to go through some stuff I intend to get rid of that's serving as layout clutter at the moment. Here's the list:

BLI sound module. This hooks up to a DC power pack and the track. It has buttons for a horn and a bell. It's supposed to work the horn and bell on BLI DCC sound locos on a DC layout.

Life-Like N Scale 5th precinct police station.

Atlas 9" plate girder bridge with NS track. A separate track section from another bridge is included.

Bachmann EZ-Command control station with power pack. No track connector wires or instructions. Instructions can be found on the Bachmann site.

Athearn SDK-789 Trainpack power pack. Output: 19V AC 0-16V DC. Total output 7VA.

Bachmann Santa Fe wide vision caboose.

Mehano NS curve track. 12 sections, 18" radius.

More to come later.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running Bear/P1011301.jpg

I'd like to have the power pack, Just pm me a price plus shipping and I will mail you a money order.
 
I'd hate to be in your shoes dude. I had to put a clutch in my Case tractor a couple months ago. You literally had to take the tratctor in two separate pieces, and the clutch was 400 bucks. It sounded like you got a job as complex as mine, and I wouldn't wish that on anybody.

Does anybody do operator sessions on their layout? I found about in the book how to set it up, and it's pretty cool using different cards to set up a drop and pickup list. It's actually making me think about what industries that I want to build on my layout. It's a lot of fun but I gotta build on. That and it also means I can acquire a lot more trains and boxcars.

Couple of things on operating sessions..I have a few operating sessions that reveal a lot of things that need work to be done on the layout. If you get some issues show up, fine, take them as it comes. Another thing, most of my RR is a grainger type--rural to semi rural--I have a running passenger system--almost like what existed up north of us'uns--called the "Butter and Eggs" special. It runs almost the whole time the operating session runs. Industries up here include grain elevators and a couple of ethanol plants, as well as 3 metal fabricators and a couple of audio --amplifiers/speakers--plants, just for variety. Boxcars and Hoppers seem to be in short supply here---:rolleyes::rolleyes:

A friend of ours has a 30/60 Case Crossmotor that seems to have that issue on occasion--just love the work that has to be done on them dang things...:mad::rolleyes::eek:
 
So far I have 2 industries on my line. One is a coal hauler and the second is a team track. The old 050 feeds those two right now. I am going put a small industry for machine tools. I figure it can be team track until I find a building I like.
 
Something weird is happening! There are curious little white things drifting down from the sky; not many, but strange. Is there such a thing as cloud dandruff?:eek::D

Karl: This time, maybe you should ask Terry for some help. nah, nah, nah,:p:p:D (dang I'm mean!)

Todd: As already noted, the first Op session will find every weakness/fault of your layout. For a successful Op session, you want good continuity in your shipments, e.g. raw materials to manufacturer, to distributor, to customer, etc. Also, have plenty of drop-off/pick-up points. Even if you have to divide a siding into A and B, the more you have the more interesting it is. Try to have a couple of major industries that provide lots of activity by receiving and shipping to/from many smaller industries/businesses. Make sure you have passing sidings at every available spot: number directly proportional to the number of trains you plan running at the same time.
I don't use car cards, but a software program that randomly generates train manifests called RailOp. http://railop.com/
 
I've just started my layout. I have 3 turnouts so far on a 4X8X1/2 inch base. I've got one turnout that goes off my rail line and connects to the outside world. I've definitely got a lot more to do. My layout is modeling the mudflats stage. lol I've got most of it still in dirt tan.
 


Mine is half green ground cover and half white plaster. Looks like a snow storm hit the south end but stopped before it got to the north end.
 
The weather guessers is a sayin that we could get up to 13" Sat./Sat. nite with more to the east of us. Karl sounds like you and Ken better grab your arse's and hang on. Hope they is as wrong as they usually is.
 
Karl: This time, maybe you should ask Terry for some help. nah, nah, nah,:p:p:D (dang I'm mean!)

Rex, you sound like my Ex-wife!! :p:p:p
No new part yet, but I decided to take the old one off. Got it out of there in 35 minutes!! :D
Stopped by the local Chevy dealer today and talked to a few techs. Just to see if they had any bright ideas.....heck...they don't ever remember seeing a Metro with anything but a 3 cylinder engine in it!! :eek: When I told them it was indeed a 4, they just scratched thier heads. The service manager (old high school friend) did let me peek at the TIS2000 software in his office,,,,no hints there either! Funny thing,,his flat rate manual says its a 2.5 hour job. That means I got 1 hour and 55 minutes to git er done!:D
No bad for an unheated garage, no air tools and just a floor jack,,,,no lift!!
 
The weather guessers is a sayin that we could get up to 13" Sat./Sat. nite with more to the east of us. Karl sounds like you and Ken better grab your arse's and hang on. Hope they is as wrong as they usually is.

Thats funny,,,,the weatherguessers here are saying Saturday, flurries but a daytime high of 46! Lows at night will be in the high 20's, low 30's.
Precip will probably be.......

Oh Joy! ICE :eek::eek::eek:
 
Jeffery you are having a tropical heat compared to what we have had the last couple of days. I am READY FOR SUMMER AND WANT IT NOW?
 
Fricken 13* out, walking home sucked! Spare me the "5 miles uphilll both ways in waist deep snow" speech :D

Hopefully by Saturday or Monday ill have a nice custom painted NS SD70M, traded for that AC4400 i tried to sell. He showed me a picture of it, it looks phenomenal and cant wait to get it. I guess the AC is a piece hed been looking for for awhile, and i just got lucky that he found mine. :D :D

I get my class ring tommorow!! :D :D My parents werent thrilled about my decision to get 10k gold rather than the "yellow listrum", but i think I made the right decision. Cant wait to get it!

Jeff- Any idea if any HO Flatcars that you find will be put up for sale? Im looking for just about anything.
 
It's supposed to be 51 on Thursday, 53 on Friday, 28 on Saturday and all the way up to 14 on Sunday!
I don't like winter nearly as much as I did when I was a kid.
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top