Coffee Shop XXV

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon folks.

We are just starting the fun of getting six to ten inches of snow. It's the pretty kind though. Not the cement like wet crap that I got stuck in the other week. Regardless of the appearance of the snow, it's still six to ten inches!:eek: It makes for a fun drive home that's for sure.

We find out later today if my wife is pregnant. We're either going to have a really good day or the worst day in recorded marriage history. I'm hoping and praying that the answer is yes. I think my wife will go off the deep end if it's no. Wish us luck!

Have a great day everyone!
 
I have another question too. Does everybody's beard get thicker in the wintertime, or am I just weird because I hang around with dogs alot?

Thick beard? Oh yeah i have that happen too! Then i just pluck out the hair and head off to school :D :D

Wishing you luck corey!

Well, pretty boring week this week. First indoor meet of the season tommorow, wish me luck!
 
A Late Good Morning All, [Actually Noon Now after going out after the Damn Woodpeckers working on the roof. Then the computer freezes up on me, good thing I was able to copy the post and save it to notepad.]

It's a fairly comfortable morning out here in the Central Calif. foothills at 45* so that's pretty decent.

I found out last night that a newer Rounnhouse 2-8-0 wouldn't pull the three shorty passenger coaches I have, up the 6 to 8% grade on my layout. To be fair though the coaches all have little plastic seats in them along with passengers and fited with Old Time Pot Belly stoves and the combine even has an old safe in it so they are weighted fairly good. The newer 2-8-0 with it's Nickle Silver tires just doesn't have the traction as they tend to slip too much on the Nickle Silver Rail so then I have the original 2-8-0 come up on back as a helper, that really is pretty neat!!

Enjoy the day and season!!
 


Thick beard? Oh yeah i have that happen too! Then i just pluck out the hair and head off to school :D :D

First indoor meet of the season tommorow, wish me luck!


Say Littlefoot, good luck on tomorrows meet, you should have No Problem. Sounds like your a young Neanderthal, and tough too to do all the plucking! LoL You've got a good sense of humor.

How's the railroading coming along?
 
Believe it or not I had a blond moment today. I took the old batteries out of my label maker and replaced them with new batteries.
closedeyes.gif
Problem is I put them in BACKWARDS!
scared.gif
As soon as the last battery went in the magic smoke came out.
001_rolleyes.gif
furious.gif
STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!
furious.gif
So I had to go back to town and get a NEW label maker. I bought the old one about 11 years ago so there's been some changes made in the meantime, but nothing I couldn't figure out within a few seconds.
biggrin.gif
I MADE SURE TO PUT THE BATTERIES IN CORRECTLY!
ROTFLMAO.gif
The new unit has some options the old one didn't have, like being able to save a label design that will be used frequently. It also has some extra border designs including one of a train.
ROTFLMAO.gif
They must have known I was going to buy one!
ROTFLMAO.gif
 
Thanks Trussrod, this will be my first year running for the varsity team, so itll be wierd to run against kids who arent my age (im a sophmore).

Railroads coming along, i suppose. Finished up most of the repairs on the rolling stock i just got. I also built what i call a sleeping tender. Its basically a cut down caboose that im going to stick after the lead locomotive, because in my RR, if you dont arrive at the lumber yard on time, you might have to spend the night. But, its a wreck rebuild, so its a really short caboose.
 
No dice.:( Mission failure. Damn, I think we may adopt. I guess we have some thinking to do.

Oh, and it's super crappy out right now. It's like we're in a snow globe that someone gave to a two year old.
 
Corey- Sorry to hear about the bad news. Im sure you know, as soon as you adopt, the misses will get pregnant! At least thats what i hear :)

Took a roster shot for the Adirondack and Northern today.

Also, a shot of the 3 dogs, because for the first time in history, they were simultaneously acting photogenic! :eek: The Black lab is the one in the foreground, the Pitbull/Chocolate Lab is on my dads lap, and the Elkhound is visible between the ottoman and the chair, by the curtains. :D
 
Heya gang!
As most of you can recollect, I recently bought a house. With the exception of painting a few rooms upstairs, and repainting the basement (SWMBO says this is the last area to be painted!) I'm about to commence another layout. :D
The problem is, I can't design a layout for crap!
I've got a rough idea what I want, and the rooms measured, but no way to relate my ideas to SWMBO and the "crew" that has volunteered to help.
Any recommendations on track planning software?:confused: I've tried the Atlas "right track" software........no dice. I can't get past the benchwork. When I try to place track it looks like I threw a box of sectional track on the benchwork.
Anything else either good or cheap out there, or should I stick to a box of Crayolas?:rolleyes:
 


Check out xtrakcad, I've used it and if I was to take the time to learn it it'd be much simpler to use.

Wow 4 posts in one afternoon, how's that for a social life :rolleyes:
 
No dice.:( Mission failure. Damn, I think we may adopt. I guess we have some thinking to do.

Oh, and it's super crappy out right now. It's like we're in a snow globe that someone gave to a two year old.

Corey, Sorry to hear of the mission failure. :( I hope you both are weathering this ok.
If you really want to adopt,, I've got a 21 year old son I can dress up in a diaper and send your way.......he's doin nothing down here!
 
Believe it or not I had a blond moment today.


Don't go blaming the blond hairs Jeffrey,,,,,,theve all vacated long ago.....I believe the technical term more appropriate here is a "senior moment".


But then again, what do you call a smart blonde???
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
A golden retriever !!!!!:D
 
Believe it or not I had a blond moment today. I took the old batteries out of my label maker and replaced them with new batteries.
closedeyes.gif
Problem is I put them in BACKWARDS!
scared.gif
As soon as the last battery went in the magic smoke came out.
001_rolleyes.gif
furious.gif
STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!
furious.gif
So I had to go back to town and get a NEW label maker. I bought the old one about 11 years ago so there's been some changes made in the meantime, but nothing I couldn't figure out within a few seconds.
biggrin.gif
I MADE SURE TO PUT THE BATTERIES IN CORRECTLY!
ROTFLMAO.gif
The new unit has some options the old one didn't have, like being able to save a label design that will be used frequently. It also has some extra border designs including one of a train.
ROTFLMAO.gif
They must have known I was going to buy one!
ROTFLMAO.gif

I've done that ---a few times!!
Eyecrazy.gif


I'm surprised mine still works!!
sicka.gif


Hello good morning...

We are expecting between 4-6" of the white stuff today and another 10" of the dang stuff tomorrow as well
005.gif
Can you tell I'm a happy camper?
018.gif
Well I'm not----right now---
021.gif
Oh well back to the old grind of snowblowing and shoveling and growling at the snow---
u7.gif


I got to get ready to go to work and get a couple of clients squared away for their big moves--then I get to be doing my weekend on-calls--in the snow....
goodnevil.gif


Have a good day--even if is in the snow...
003.gif
 
No dice.:( Mission failure. Damn, I think we may adopt. I guess we have some thinking to do.

Oh, and it's super crappy out right now. It's like we're in a snow globe that someone gave to a two year old.

I'm adopted dude, and I always was told I was more special because my parents got to pick me out instead of just getting what they were saddled with. I've always known I was adopted too.
 
I forgot my local conditions today! It's 30 degrees today and snowing, with a projected amount of 1 to 3 inches by 6 pm.We are under a winter weather advisory until 6 pm. It will stay steady at 30 degrees today with a projected low in the middle teens.

We are going to get a live tree this morning. I am really looking forward to it. We will have to rearrange the living room to get it in to the house.Guess who's back will be hurting today!! I'm getting ready to go downstairs and play with my layout for a little while till everybody else gets out of bed. Have a good day guys!:D
 


Good morning. It's cloudy and 33 this morning. It's supposed to snow later today. Just flurries, they tell me. What is this "flurries" they speak of?:confused: It didn't say anything about "flurries" in the brochure they sent me when they talked me into coming here...:(

I liked the way it snowed in California. You could see the snow on top of the mountains.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top