Coffee Shop XXV

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
I found out one of my christmas presents by mistake. It's a Bachmann Trains CSX (Dark Future) #2782. I tried to buy one on amazon and it told me that somebody already bought it out of my wish list. Oh well. lol I'm hoping I get more. I told everybody where my wish list is on amazon.com and apparently they listened.I think it's a load of crap for my SILs to want a Christmas list from each to write down wanted stuff. It makes it a PITA for me, because I'm not buying stuff for what they want, but for how I like to have them have something that I put in a lot of effort and work into figuring out what exact I would like to get them. I am being selfish, but that's just how I'm wired. I got you this because it means what I think you could do with it would be something nice. And I thougt enough of you to get what I like about you. Of course that doesn't mean you are going to like it, but I kept the receipt. lol
 
Guys, in all seriousness, are you aware that what Larry & Vato stated above, about that damn game being addicting - possibly even a form of mind control, could be very true?? Give it some thought, do you feel compelled to participate?
Just be aware of your own actions as it's only a game and time waister IMHO. And just look at the jibberous your talking. It alsmost sounds like the first indoctrinating step to socialism. 'You need the XP's my farm gives ya"

Be very cautious as you might be being led astray subversively. There could be more truth to what Larry said than is discernible. It seem thousands even Millions are hooked on that FB site. I wonder what's going on behind the scenes while everyones being kept busy with a foolish games. Just my thoughts and concerns. Be very cautious!!!!!

Since I only play farmville once in a while does that make me a subversive?
 


Play watcha want, when ya want. All I know for sure is this. When I run the weekly virus scans, her computer has a lot higher result total than mine of suspect or questionable stuff on it. :eek: Funny, thats the only PC in the house that goes to FB and FV.:confused:
 
megh...

What with all the stuff I have stuffed into my desktop, which now is my main goto for my recording studio, I can play for hours on Virtual Studio Instruments and Effects with only a small 25 key midi keyboard....heeheehee.:D:D:rolleyes:

Sometimes making music can be addictive....:eek::eek::D:D:D
 
Good afternoon all,

Glad to see so many are aware of what might be taking place with farmersville etc. on- line games. They certainly can get you thinking just like what is going on here at the forum and I'd believe our creativity here and on our layouts is a lot more productive and real!

In reality we can all create supply routes for pick-up & delivery of goods on our layouts too and indeed should to keep things interesting by changing the consist of the trains like
is actually done.

Yes, trains can be considered an addiction too but as far as I'm concerned, at least IMHO, what a great addiction with all the creativity and skills that are involved as well as
developed. I still need to learn the use of an air brush and better weathering techniques.

Just the thought process of the different materials and goods that can be transported on
our layouts can really create a number of new ideas. For example I have several cattle cars in my roster of equipment so how about making a second removable floor to transport sheep and pigs? That will add some variation to the normal use of the cattle cars not to mention a second unloding ramp at the pen shuts.

Well anyway I guess diversion is needed.


From the weather standpoint it's been cool here about 36* at night and it's now at about 50* outside so not so bad.

The marker flags are wright with the consist and we are ready to roll!
 
My Bachmann GP38-2 was dropped at my door at 12:23 today. So I see nothing wrong with it. Nothing broken or loose. Already test ran it. It's quiet and smooth, no noise, no vibration. I took the dynamic brake hatch off and it looks like it has the regular Bachmann card decoder in it. If that's the case I have a Digitrax DZ125 that will take it's place with no problem.

P1011315-1.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Aww, union pacific isn't that bad. at least you don't have a gelded horse on the front. You know, neutered stallion?
 


When I have time. Don't get used to that 'Onion Specific' on the side. It'll be patched out as soon as I get to it.
I notice the trip pins have already been "adjusted". :p
Have you ever done a patch into a lease company, of just straight into your road's patch?
 
I notice the trip pins have already been "adjusted". :p
Have you ever done a patch into a lease company, of just straight into your road's patch?
At one time I used to repaint them for the LMS (Lease Management Systems). When I started with the L&A it became easier because it's just a patch in most and not a full repaint though I have been known to do them up in the black and white of the L&A.

PB060171.jpg
 
Found the USB cable for my old Olympus D550 Zoom which is the camera I use for most of my layout shots. I don't need the cable at this time since I use a card reader that reads a multitude of card types, including those prehistoric SM cards which is what the Olympus uses. But what if the reader goes belly up? Where would I find a reader that reads SM cards? That's when I'll need the cable. When I plug the cable into the camera Windows sees it as a disk drive and I can download the photos just as quickly as I would from the reader.
 
Found the USB cable for my old Olympus D550 Zoom which is the camera I use for most of my layout shots. I don't need the cable at this time since I use a card reader that reads a multitude of card types, including those prehistoric SM cards which is what the Olympus uses. But what if the reader goes belly up? Where would I find a reader that reads SM cards? That's when I'll need the cable. When I plug the cable into the camera Windows sees it as a disk drive and I can download the photos just as quickly as I would from the reader.

I guess I got lucky, I'm still using the cable from my Olympus D550. Not for that camera, but its the same cable type that the newer Canon Powershot A720 uses,. So no matter which camera I use, same cable works either way!:D

Now the wifes camera,,,,,whole nudder cable!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning all! It's 34 degrees today with a high this afternoon of 32. A cold front coming in will be bringing 1-2 inches of snow. The low tonight is projected to be 23 degrees. Tomorrow is a high of 30 with 1 to 2 inches of snow accumulating.

I started on some of my models I had purchased over the last month. I put together an atlas switching tower for my interchange track that I haven't received yet. Still waiting on my left and right hand switches for my runaround. Still keeping everything nice and shiny because my 9 year old director of operations thinks everything needs to look cool. lol I started with the atlas station, and let the DO do all the easy stuff. I did the windows and the roof details. I had to do the coaling station by myself because I didn't want him to glue his fingers together. :D

I am debating shaving my beard because the almanac says it's going to be colder than a well digger's butt. My oldest says I look like a wookie.I told him he'd better shut up or this old marine was going to beat his army butt and not even break a sweat.

I have another question too. Does everybody's beard get thicker in the wintertime, or am I just weird because I hang around with dogs alot?
 
My beard never gets thicker in fact it is almost non existent ceptin the mustache and chin whiskers almost the van dyke look with a few wild hairs distributed here and there..
 
My beard never gets thicker in fact it is almost non existent ceptin the mustache and chin whiskers almost the van dyke look with a few wild hairs distributed here and there..

I've had to shave since I was twelve, and my back hair started when I was sixteen. lol I have been called stuff like tarzan, bigfoot, etc My wife calls me Grizz half the time.
 


My beard does get a little thicker in the winter but I keep it shaved back to 1/2 an inch. Much longer than that and it gets scraggly. Not much chest hair. Just a very thin patch in the middle. It's been that way since my early teen years.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top