Coffee Shop XXV

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
11/29/2010

Good Morning ! from Tipton IN.
anim_coffee.png
anim_snoopy.png
1.png

Diner.png

menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress3.png

Potofcoffeepouring.png

:confused:
 
In the middle of a 3 mile long bridge (no turns) make left turn in 100 feet. Like hell!
It would almost make sense if you had a spouse that wanted your life insurance policy...;)

The latest and last debacle with my Garmin was when I was towing our travel trailer on I-40 through Asheville, NC. It wanted me to get off the Interstate, drive through downtown with all its 1880's streets, then get back on the Interstate and continue on my way... Did I mention I was driving my Suburban and towing a 30+ foot long trailer behind me at the time?...:rolleyes:
 


It would almost make sense if you had a spouse that wanted your life insurance policy...;)

The latest and last debacle with my Garmin was when I was towing our travel trailer on I-40 through Asheville, NC. It wanted me to get off the Interstate, drive through downtown with all its 1880's streets, then get back on the Interstate and continue on my way... Did I mention I was driving my Suburban and towing a 30+ foot long trailer behind me at the time?...:rolleyes:
:D:D

That would have been a laugh for sure.

I seem to remember an article that was done some years ago that some avionics manufacturers were warning that the models used to make their navigational gear was based on a 'static' model of the Earth's magnetic poles---and that as we all know--said poles wander about 2-3 degrees every year.

Wanna know why your gear ends up in Mumbai India---and you are in Dallas TX?:eek::rolleyes:

I had that happen a few years back when I was still in a band...:eek:
 
Good morning folks

It was 26 F as I headed back to the grind this morning. I had to keep an eye out for ice on the roads this morning. High today will be 49 F.

I hope everybody had a great Thanksgiving! It was a busy and pleasant holiday weekend. We had a great dinner on Thanksgiving. We did some Christmas shopping over the weekend. We began the Christmas decorating also. Most of the outside decorations are up.

My daughter and her boyfriend went and saw Unstoppable. After hearing their review of the movie I now want to see it. Does anyone know what events it is based on?

I did not get any modeling in this long weekend. I did not expect to. Since the majority of the Christmas shopping is done and once the decorations are up I should have some time.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Good morning. It's 61 and cloudy. The high will be 74 with a 50% chance of strong afternoon thunderstorms.

Nothing in particular planned for today, just some general layout work. I was sorting through some stuff yesterday and found 3 decoders. Two Bachmann and 1 Digitrax. I've also been smoothing out the plaster on the layout with a putty knife. There's a bunch of little chips piled up here and there. Hooking up the 12 foot hose to the wall mounted Shop-Vac and putting it to use wouldn't be a bad idea. Also got the other half of the closet to sort through. No telling what I'll find.

http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/P1011429.jpg
 
Good morning! It's 45 degrees here with lots of sunshine at the moment, but we will have flooding rains this evening. I was hoping for snow and a bunch of playing with my boys. If it is snow, we could possibly get 1 to 2 ft. I hope I hope I hope!!!!! I don't need any maps because everybody tells me where to go! lol
 
Mikey: OK! You win for this year (looking at you without eye contact and gritting my teeth). We do have a complaint filed with the SEC: Seems nobody told us that their were two halves to play in a football game.

REX:
I accept your gracious congratulations!!:cool:
However, I did not count the game won until AUBURN got the ball back for the last 30 seconds of the game. After surviving the the observation of the game, I feel my heart is strong enough to carry on for a few more years.

It was a very busy Holiday weekend. I took Wed off and did several chores, including servicing the car and motorcycle for the winter. I was able to clean out the garage enough to park the motorcycle for the winter. There will be a few more riding days, but it needs to be in semi-storeage for the winter.

I actually cooked the turkey this year! My wife and daughters were busy preparing other dishes, so I was drafted. It is kinda like building a wooden structure kit after building plastic kits for awhile. You have the basic skills and know what to do when, but it is still your first experience doing it.
The bird was a beautiful golden brown color and the meat fell off the bone as I sliced the turkey. We had plenty of left overs and turkey sandwiches are a favorite of mine.

I had another good day on Saturday observing females of all ages and sizes. I'm getting better as a Dirty Old Man. I didn't drool on anybody!

Sunday afternoon saw the pre-lit Christmas tree put up and I had enough room to set up an HO train. My youngest grandson is now 5 years old and will listen to commands about half the time. I bought an Athearn John Deere train set to go under the tree. The boys can put the snap track together with a little help from me. They found out speed causes derailments and the cars are hard to put back on the track....without the rerailer.
All in all, a very good weekend for me.

Rex- I know Texas had two different teams with back-to-back National Championships about 40 years ago. Has any state had back-to-back National Champions and Heisman winners?:confused:
 
I don't know, Mikey. During the game, I saw the question about a state having two different Nat'l champions in a row, but not anything about Heisman winners and championships. That's an interesting question and would be a big WOW! Looking at the list, there have been several Heisman winners from the same state/school in a row, but not sure about both awards. Just hope all the "bad talk" isn't true. Newton is truly a super athlete (still gritting teeth:D) and should get the rewards, if all was done honestly. It would be a shame if college ball had another Southern Cal type incident with Auburn forfeiting their games, Nat'l title, and Cam-the Heisman.
 
Rex- I also hope there is nothing but sour grapes with the stories going around about Cam Newton. I think the NCAA would have been all over the AUBURN team if there was anything to the alligations. BUT, we will have to wait for a ruling... in 4-6 months.

Glad to see McElroy was not seriously injured in the game. He is a fine young man and a gifted quarterback.

Did you ever finish the steel mill on your layout?
 


So far in going through the closet I've found a wealth of very old computer software (DOS 6.22, Win 3.1, Win 95. Win 98) that will be chucked out. I've also found 2 Bachmann ore cars, a Model Power stock car, several coal loads for Bachmann hoppers, some 1:87 sports cars, some 1:87 regular cars, about two big handfuls of 1:87 Ford and Dodge vans, some 1:87 John Deere tractors and heavy equipment, an assortment of 1:87 semi tractors, 2 bottles of WS blended turf, 2 bottles of WS gray ballast (1 medium, 1 fine) and a large assortment of WS and Life-Like figures still in their packages including one package of 6 train crew figures.
 
Good afternoon everyone.

Jeffrey, it sounds like you have a hobby shop buried in your closet!

I see everyone survived the Thanksgiving feast. I barely did. Apparently my brother's two kids were puking sick the day before and morning of Thanksgiving. Since he hosted this years festivities it would have been nice to know before we all exposed ourselves to the germs. Thanksgiving was nice but half of those attending spent the next two days in either the bathroom or bed. You have to love getting together with family!:)

I felt good enough yesterday to cut down and put up two Christmas trees. The living room tree has the G scale train circling underneath. For the upstairs living room/train room I have to assemble and and clean enough Lionel track for my 1953 Lionel Scout train set. After decorating two trees yesterday I wasn't up to setting this thing up. Tonight I'll have clanking rods and grinding gears in a cloud of Ozone! Though I'm only 32, it takes me back to someones childhood in the 1950's.:D

It's raining again with a chance of freezing rain tonight. Let's get on with the snow already. At least it's easier to drive in.

Have a great day everyone.
 
Jeffrey, it sounds like you have a hobby shop buried in your closet!
A small one.



I've got the stuff I'm keeping back in the closet. All the other stuff is in two big trash cans outside. The content of nine boxes (4 large, 5 small) has been sorted through and what's being kept is now in four boxes (1 large, 3 small) that all fit in one corner of the closet (bottom). Much of the space (top shelf, half of mid shelf) is taken up by my Apple IIe computer and one 5 1/4" drive (top shelf), a Hero Quest board game (top shelf), a Lexmark Z22 printer (LPT) and associated software (top shelf), rolls of paper towels and toilet paper (mid shelf), four 5 1/4" drives for the Apple IIe (mid shelf), software for the Apple IIe (mid shelf), monitor for Apple IIe (bottom)
 
Jeffrey, sounds like either you had stuff jammed in there, or you have a much bigger closet than I expected!!:eek:
One wierd thing though,
:confused: When reading your post, I inadvertantly scrolled over the words Apple and Dodge, and for each recieved an annoying little pop up ad. :confused:
Never seen that before!
 
One wierd thing though,
:confused: When reading your post, I inadvertantly scrolled over the words Apple and Dodge, and for each recieved an annoying little pop up ad. :confused:
Never seen that before!

I've heard that the site is doing that. I have my pop-up blocker on so I never see them.
It's called Contentlinks, and usually only shows up if you're not logged in when viewing a thread. It's a way for anonymous users to generate some advertising revenue for the forum.
 


:D:D

That would have been a laugh for sure.

I seem to remember an article that was done some years ago that some avionics manufacturers were warning that the models used to make their navigational gear was based on a 'static' model of the Earth's magnetic poles---and that as we all know--said poles wander about 2-3 degrees every year.

Wanna know why your gear ends up in Mumbai India---and you are in Dallas TX?:eek::rolleyes:

I had that happen a few years back when I was still in a band...:eek:

The true thing is, in north america, we are so close to the north that our airports runway are numbered based on the true north (01 to 36, 36 stands for 360degree, or north). all across the globe however, they are named by their orientation to the magnetic north. Pilot must then toggle the mode of their runway indicator when making transatlantic flight. runways must also be repainted and renamed from time to time due to their orientation changing.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top