ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
- Status
-
Not open for further replies.
11/26/2010
Good Morning ! from Tipton IN.

Good morning. It's 40 and cloudy. High today will be about 54. There's a 40% chance of rain this afternoon and the low tonight looks to be 30.
We're having a bout of the infamous yo-yo weather. Up, down, up, down. Had a good day yesterday. Got plenty to eat yet managed to keep my blood sugar levels in check. The meter read 79 this morning so I did pretty good. I'll go back today and collect some leftovers to help stretch my own food reserves until the first of the month. My ankle got a fairly serious workout yesterday so I'll be taking it easy today. I may limit my layout work to simply installing bulbs in some structures. The bulbs I have are rated for 2.4 volts so a cluster of 3 wired in series will be sufficient on a 5 volt line. That will light the structure and will also last a while.
http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/P1011363.jpg
Good morning everyone! Jeffery, you are doing better than me. Mine was almost 200 this morning. It's colder than whale crap in an ice flow here. It's 30 degrees here at 10 in the morning. It's not supposed to get up to 37 today.
I got up this morning and got all of my Christmas shopping completed today for the bits and pieces I was missing. I already had everything I needed, now it was just a case of what I wanted to give for special things. Like a little extra for the wife, etc.
Has anyone worked on their railroads yet? I am going to try to get some done on mine today. I just keep procrastinating for some reason. I got a gold chain for my wife which was outrageously priced. I also got her a set of diamond ear rings that were also ridiculously priced. What are you buying for your significant other?
It's colder than whale crap in an ice flow here. It's 30 degrees here at 10 in the morning. It's not supposed to get up to 37 today.
I hope I don't see that kind of weather down here for a while yet.
My wife got a diamond and sapphire ring. I got it thru the local PBS station Auction a couple of weeks ago laptop computer today and I do not know what else yet.
It's flippin COLD out there!!!
I just went to put the recyclables out and I could feel my vapor freezing up on my beard! At least it isn't snow yet.I'm going to be a hermit this year. It's too cold for anything else.

You'll love our weather then...
We'll only get about 6" of the white stuff by tomorrow morning--then another 4-6" on top before Sunday morning---yay



We arleady got about 4" down so we'll be on track to cover that by morning--and I'm on on-call


-----north of here is even more ridiculous

Compared to you we're having a heat wave here. It's 39 at the moment with a projected low of 30 for tonight. Tomorrows high is supposed to be 62. Don't you just love yo-yo weather?
Gomez Addams
Staff member
Compared to you we're having a heat wave here. It's 39 at the moment with a projected low of 30 for tonight. Tomorrows high is supposed to be 62. Don't you just love yo-yo weather?
It's 50 here now, supposed to drop to 20 overnight. Then a high of 45 tomorrow. And of course I've come down with a doozie of a cold.Now I'm starting to remember why I lived in South Florida and Southern Cancerfornia.
Don't you wish you were back there now? I like it right where I am. It's not always the best weather but it's warmer here during the winter than a lot of other places I've lived. I wouldn't give anything to be back in Germany or Alaska this time of year. To darn cold!
Gomez Addams
Staff member
Don't you wish you were back there now? I like it right where I am. It's not always the best weather but it's warmer here during the winter than a lot of other places I've lived. I wouldn't give anything to be back in Germany or Alaska this time of year. To darn cold!
Weather-wise, yes. Economy-wise, NWIH. Of course, if I had an extra bundle of cash in my back pocket, I'd just move South for the Winter, and back in Summer.
It's 17 here right now at eaton ohio and I hear the trains going by like they were next door. I live at least 1 mile from the track and they are just sounding like they were next door. I am trying to figure out which line runs through my town. Anyplace to look to figure out which road runs thru my town?
I am trying to figure out which line runs through my town. Anyplace to look to figure out which road runs thru my town?
I do believe that would Norfolk Southern (NS).
11/27/2010
Good Morning ! from Tipton IN.

I'll just put my chevy tracker in 4wd and put the blizzak snow tires on my wife's awd ford 500. The neighbor has a huge snow blower so he digs me out for 20 bucks, although I don't worry about it until it's above 4 inches. That and I get out my boots and my carhartt bibs. ;-)
Oh, and I forgot to mention that I am originally from the upper peninsula, these things they call storms here is nothing on what I used to do.

Gomez Addams
Staff member
You'll probably find my frozen body in a snowdrift in my kitchen, clutching a mug of coffee-flavoured ice...

Good morning. It's 32 and sunny. The high will be 62 and it will remain sunny. Wow, a whole 30 degree spread there.
Didn't get much done yesterday as I was busy disassembling the computer power supply that I use for powering the structure lights so I could clean the dust out of it. Taking it apart was easy, cleaning it was even easier, putting it back together was a bit tricky as I almost needed 3 hands for the job. Masking tape works wonders when you need something held in place temporarily. There was a 1/8th inch thick layer of dust on everything in the power supply. Not too bad considering it was a 10 year plus accumulation. A small paint brush and a Shop-Vac made short work of it. I also got several structures wired with 3 lights each.
http://i682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/Running-Bear/P1011224.jpg
- Status
-
Not open for further replies.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)