Coffee Shop Version is 11 now open.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
07-25-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png
:eek:
SteakEggs.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
Diner.png

menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress3.png
 
Good morning.

It's 75 and cloudy out here in the Sportsman's Paradise. It's expected to clear a little to mostly cloudy as the high climbs into the upper 90's with a small chance of rain.

Yesterday was a busy day for me. I worked on two projects and helped fix an air conditioner. Project #1 was mounting a Mantua F7 body on a Proto 2000 FA1 chassis. That was a shotgun wedding if ever there was one, but after a bit of surgery on both they're now together, for better or for worse. Project #2 was my abandoned baggage car. It took a total of almost ten hours.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 7/25/2008


Heat Index: 80°F
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 73°F

So Far Today
High: 76°F
Low: 75°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph SSE

Today High: 98 Partly sunny with isolated showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the upper 90s. Light and variable winds becoming southwest around 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain 20 percent.

Tonight Low: 75 Mostly cloudy. Lows in the mid 70s. South winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable.
 
Mornin Bill & Jeffrey ! Finally the little yellow and red thing came up in the Eastern Sky ! Looks like it's gonna be a nice day . Just back from the Dentist look Ma no cavities. now the bad news my doctor put me back on Procrit which means that my red blood cells are down again. Oh well will have to find out what the problem is . Well have to get some breakfast so hope you all have a nice day !!!! Gee Phillip I almost got to ride in the Goodyear Blimp once . It was visiting in Buffalo for a Bills game and they had a contest at our Goodyear Plant to ride in it . I missed getting on it by three numbers . but my friend got on it and said it is a very safe and stable ride .
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Good morning folks

It was a comfortable 70 F this morning on the way to the hot house. High today will be 88 F. It looks like another fun day in the office. Once again the a/c is down and temperature is 76 F and climbing. Since we can’t open any windows it will be fun. I am supposed to go out in the field today and look at a construction problem on project so I may get an early escape.

No modeling last night. We had to get things ready for the delivery of our new kitchen table and chairs. Our old set was falling apart so it had to go. We put it on the curb at 7 PM and it was gone by 9 PM.

This weekend we have the grocery shopping torture. After that I am not sure what will happen. The kids have a birthday pool party to go to tomorrow.

In the modeling world I need to decide on the next project and straighten a few things up on the layout.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Philip: I like to watch the blimps come in when Bama has a televised football game. We only live a mile from the airport and always have a good view. One year the wind was blowing hard and I really felt sorry for the crew. That thing was rocking like a rocking horse up and down. I always thought it would be great fun to ride in one, but now...only in very calm weather;) :D

Awwww, C'mon........where's your spirit of adventure? :eek:
 
Philip The blimp looks awesome, they still amaze folks just like when they first came around.

Trains this weekend,,, got an open day at a diesel yard to go to (West Coast Railway Co) which will be great fun for all, they have a fleet of main line certified steam locos, diesel locos and coaches into the hundreds
 
Trains this weekend,,, got an open day at a diesel yard to go to (West Coast Railway Co) which will be great fun for all, they have a fleet of main line certified steam locos, diesel locos and coaches into the hundreds

You know we expect pics now, right?
 
"The sun is a shinin' to welcome the day....."

Mornin' everyone!

Nice sunny day for a change in the Finger Lakes! After the official .57" of rain yesterday (that is in Penn Yan, for Geneva I would double that and add a tenth or two) hopefully the mud will dry up a bit this weekend. High will be in the low 80°. All around pleasant day.

I have to pack for SciTek Camp today and drive up to Canandaigua for an oil change on my little Yaris. Then up to Victor to get a replacement Super Drive for my Mac G5. Seems I wore it out......... Doing some weird things. It has burned several thousand CDs and DVDs since I got it so it doesn't owe me anything. I plan on stopping in at Micheal's while I am there and pick up some very small artist brushes for fine detail work while I am in the area.

See you all Later!
 
Afternoon, everyone

Paul, I don't know what's causing your anemia but there's a new black box warning on Procrit at http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/epoetin.htm. Make sure your doctor has evaluated you for all the possible risks of using Procrit. If your hemoglobin is really low, like less than 7.0 gm/dl, you may not have much of a choice since the risks are worth it compared to the more immediate risks of dying from inadequate hemoglobin to carry oxygen around your body. If the reading is above that, you and your doctor need to consider carefully the risks and benefits of Procrit. Jean was on it a lot when she was getting chemo for her leukemia but her condition was fatal anyway and it it did help extend her life. She also didn't have solid tumor cancer. Sorry, don't mean to scare you on this but some doctors are not up to speed on these new Profit warnings. But at least the sun is out. :)

Phillip, great picture of the Goodyear blimp. I only saw it up close once but always wanted to ride in it.

Tom, sure sounds like they need to either replace those A/C unit soon get someone who knows how to work on them.

Rex, they landed the blimp at Burke Lakefront Airport in Cleveland during some pretty good winds and it did look like a handful to keep under control. I'd still like to try one though. I've flown in in a glider and I imagine a blimp is kind of similar, just gliding along up there listening to the wind.

Steve, you actually get to go in operating railroad yards? We'd get thrown in jail in heartbeat. :eek:

Ray, sounds like some nice weather up your way too. I guess burning thousands of CD's and DVD's will wear out just about any drive. I hope the mud isn't too big of a problem.

We've actually been getting a few showers this morning. Nothing big but enough to settle the dust and the temperature is only 83, which is like parka weather for us in July. :) There are some more thunderstorms building up so we can hope for a little more rain. Nothing happening in the tropics now except Invest 97L, which is going to wander around the Atlantic and not cause any problems. I finally got my NKP wood caboose finished after a year so I'll post some pics this weekend. This was one of those box of sticks kits but the final results came out OK after much cussing and getting ready to toss it against a wall. :D
 


First time at this one in 17 years or so, if you went any other time you would be grabbed by the short and curlies, it's quite exciting really, it's a very big place,
 
I got called out to a house fire early this afternoon. That kept me tied up for several hours. When I came home I realized the power was out. It came back on about thirty minutes later. I had just enough time to note the happening on my forum when the power went out again. That was at 4:54. I went out to dinner with my sister and her family. When we got back the power was still out. That was at 7:10. It came back on just as I walked into my trailer at 7:16. The cause of the power outage was a fire at a substation near here. When they turned the power back on at 4:45 the main transformer caught fire, so they shut down at 4:54. I hope they have it fixed right now. Power failures one after the other get old really quick.
 
Man, does it ever feel good to get out of those leg braces! Those things make my thighs hurt but they make walking so much easier. I've been in them all day, the longest I've ever worn them at one tome. I hope to get along without them some day.
 
Good Morning From Florida!

WEATHER
Current
75°
Fog And Mist
Feels Like: 75°
Dew Point: 73°
Humidity: 94%
Winds: CALM
Pressure: 30.06 in.
Visibility: 2 1/2SM mi.

40% chance of rain

LOCAL NEWS

Effects Uncertain As Property Tax Ballot Proposal Vote Looms
http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/jul/24/me-amendment-5-effects-uncertain/
Here we go again, just got the all clear on my job! now they want to pass Amendment 5 now!:mad: My state is getting like California:rolleyes: !

PERSONAL NOTE
"Flo, I'll have Handy's Steak & Eggs, Eggs over easy, Large coffee, and Good Ol' Florida OJ! Put it on Jims Tab!
I got a couple of yards to mow this morning, then off to home depot to buy a new stick edger!:D Other than that not sure what we will do later on today;) :confused: Have a Great Day:)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning.

It's 77 and clear at the moment. It's expected to be partly cloudy later as the high climbs into the upper 90's.

Yesterday was pretty busy. Three fire call-outs in all, one of those was a 6 alarmer. To make it more interesting it was off a back road out in the sticks. A one lane road is a tight squeeze at the best of times but when there are a dozen big fire trucks on it lined up one behind the other it becomes a real circus. Fortunately the roadside had been cleared so the tanker trucks (water carriers) could get to where they were needed. The other two calls, one before the 6 alarmer and one after were simple one truck affairs. The first was a fire in a fence line. It was set off by a bottle rocket. The last call of the day was a fire alarm call from Ameritek Industries on the edge of town. It was a false alarm.

We need rain!

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 7/26/2008


Heat Index: 82°F
Humidity: 90%
Dew Point: 74°F

So Far Today
High: 79°F
Low: 77°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 6mph NNE

Today High: 98 Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 90s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 75 Partly cloudy. Lows in the mid 70s. Light and variable winds.
 
Mornin' everyone!

Went over to the Apple Store in Mendon, NY yesterday on my rounds to exchange a dead "Superdrive" for a new one on the G5 Mac. Thought I had everything I needed. By the time I got back home they had left me a message that I had left the feet (that hold it in place) on the old drive and it can't be installed without them. The good news is they have them set asside for me at the store. So, in addition to getting everything packed for camp, I get to drive back to the store to get the little thingys so I can install the new drive and make sure it works before I leave........

Jeffrey sounds like you had quite a day yesterday. Hope you get rain soon. We have had enough this month. We have had over 5" of rain so far in July, about 2" above normal. Garden is growing well though.......

Have a great day!
 
Good Morning ALl ! Another kinda overcast day around here . High up to 82 but with chance of showers. ray hope you have a good time at camp , hopefully not too much rain . Jeffrey looks like you are having a heck of a time fighting fires. My poor dog os still around but I think my daughter is finally going to let her go . She has her marker all planned out and where she wants to bury her . Looks like next week we will be saying good-bye to her . well have to get some stuff done so here's hoping you all have a nice Saturday !
 


Good morning all! I was just getting ready to tell you what a wonderful rain we were getting and then a big boomer storm came rumbling in. Wow! That thing had a lot of air-to-ground lightning. One boom was so loud, a crystal candle stick holder vibrated off a table in the foyer and crashed to the tile floor. (The wifey will not be happy about that:eek: .) Look-out Jim! They're headed your way.

Before the big storm, I had the pups in the back yard playing with them in the rain. Man, they really loved it. During the boomer, they got into a ball so tight into a corner of the porch you would think it was one big fur ball.

[Flo, I'll have Handy's Steak & Eggs, Eggs over easy, Large coffee, and Good Ol' Florida OJ! Put it on Jims Tab!
Thanks Chris, I need the relief. Would you mind putting mine on Jim's tab, also. My wallet is full of moths and my credit cards have melted after this weeks pig-out :D :D .

I think that it is time to wonder back to the depot and build a kit. There is something about rainy days that always make me want to work on models; probably from my younger years where on rainy days I was stuck in the house and would build model cars and military stuff. I have the Walthers diesel house, a big kit, and was hoping to get it (near)done before Ken's arrival.

:) Ya'll have a nice weekend.:)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top