Coffee Shop Version is 11 now open.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Mornin' everyone!

Sunny, Hot day here in the Finger Lakes. High around 90°F. Good day to stay inside and work on the CDs.

Paul my prayers are with you and your family. Always hard to say goodbye to a loyal loving pet. I still miss my dog, and I lost him over 20 years ago......
 
Here's the lucky lad with his certificate for outstanding achievement for his year :) :) :)
tanks13-07-08015.jpg
 


Afternoon, everyone.

Steve, I'm sure glad that it's apparently nothing serious going on with your wife's ticker. Congrats on your son and the award. I'm lucky they didn't give awards for the worst behaved kid or I probably would have won by a landslide.

Paul, sorry that old Shelia's time has come but I hope it all goes easy for her and that you and the family can remember all the happy times you had with her while still missing her. :(

Sandy, I think you and my wife would have a REAL good time at the ballpark. :) Heck, you're still a young thing at 49. Turning 60 was traumatic to me and getting my first Social Security check really freaked me out for a few days. Still, I don't feel much different than I did when I was your age so getting older isn't so bad as long as you have reasonably good health. Are you going to CU Boulder? There were some really left-wing wackos there when my son was attending. I'm glad you stood up to that nitwit. I was in my late 20's and a cop when I was going through college in the early 70's so you can imagine I had more than my share of discussions with some of my professors, who actually thought they knew anything about the real world.

Chris, it looks like both our chances for rain are headed up the coast. :( And I did work for local clowns...only my local clowns had guns. :eek: I'm writing in Jerry for mayor and Jacob for sheriff. If they win, we'll have to come up with some sneaky way to make the Alabama residents.

Ken, I agree with Rex, forget the booster. Hardly anyone really needs one and I'm convinced it's a belts and suspenders thing for about 90% of the folks who buy one. I can still run three trains on my layout with no power blocks and my bottom of the line Bachmann EZ-Command. Most modern locomotives pull less than .3 volts at full stall so it takes a lot of engines to use up the standard two or three watt output of most systems.

Geez, Tom, your girl sounds tougher than most of the guys I played sports with. They would have been whining after the second period about being "too tired". Sounds like she must really love the game.

Rex, you're an amazing guy to have gotten all that wiring done. Putting in three traffic lights is wearing me out! :)

Ray, my brother is staying up in Cleveland and he's been telling me the heat and humidity has been killing him. That danged low that moved north along the coast is actually pulling in a wedge of dry air here and the humidity is down to a desert-like 29%. The heat index is actually less than actual temperature.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Evening Vatos!

WEATHER
Well, the 40% chance of rain was all east of I-75! My park is just east of I-75, We got 1 1/2" of rain in less than 40 min's!:eek: My park went from high and dry to flooded in 40 min's! all my hard work on the ball field clay shot to crap!:mad: :rolleyes: My area is high and dry...........

LOCAL NEWS
Resident shoots, kills masked home invader
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=4&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

Grease truck hits SUV; SUV hits bicyclist
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=3&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

PERSONAL NOTE
Well, I got to work and spent the day working on the infield skins! I got them looking sweet and at 2:00pm we got 1 1/2" and turned my hard work to crap in less than 40mins:( :rolleyes: O' well hey looked nice for a short time. I got home today and mowed a new customers lawn up the street! Man what a dusty yard and the grass was taller than the hood of my tractor, my little orange tractor was black and blades dulled out!LOL's Tomarrow I get to do it all over again and also get to kill some weeds and chinch bug in one yard too!

Jim, The boys said, they will do the mayor and sheriff gig. if they don't get the white house! If they got in office would that make me,"First Owner?" Your new Leaders of this wonderful land are pictured below! Jerry is the Little Weener/terrier mix, Dang dog is a Rat! a Jacob is the 85lb Black Lab/Chow mix, If he doesn't like you........You will get eaten for lunch:D !

Steve, Tell your boy Congrates for me...He looks big enough for you to get him a riding mower and start making him and you some money;) !

Paul Sorry to hear about your little girl:( I love dogs and know how they can change a house hold! Our Jacob was given to us from the kids that ran over and killed our little Jorden!
 
Dang it's hot!!! Sheesh! The past couple of days have been our hottest so far this year. I just read that tomorrow we should reach 100 for the first time this summer. Usually by this time of year, we are staying over 100. We do cool down at night and sometimes get into the 50s.

Jim, I am taking classes at the U of Phoenix. My brother, however, graduated from CU Boulder. Unfortunately as of late, CU's claim to fame has been Ward Churchill, the moronic professor. Remember he referred to the victims of 911 (WTC) as "little Eichmanns". He is no longer at CU. It was discovered that he lied on his application, he plagiarized, he lied about his heritage...He was such a...dork.
A year ago, I was attending Fayetteville State University in NC. That is where I encountered the cretin. Every day he would carry periodicals into the classroom (as if he could actually read) and pull out articles about how terrible Conservatives, Whites, and Republicans are. We butted heads every flippin' day. I was the only older student, and I happen to be the only white student in the class, as well. One day he made another broad statement..."All members of the KKK are Christians because they CLAIM to be Christians...therefore they are." Sheesh...what a doo-doo head. He looked at me when he said it and said..."I see you rolling your eyes. Do you have a comment?" I replied..."I could walk through that door everyday from now until the end of the semester..and every time I came through that door I could say,"Hi...my name is Sandy and I am black." And at the end of the semester I would walk through that door for the final time and say "I am Sandy and I am black", and I would be no more black then than I am now. Just because I say I am something does not make it so." He shut up.
Needless to say that at the end of the semester, I reported him to the Sociology Dept head. I had all of my notes with me when we met with the dept head. Didn't do any good. He lied. Go figure. I ended up with a B and until that class I was carrying a 4.0. Again...what a doo-doo head. Pardon my language!

Whew...now that I have vented, I will wish you all a terrific weekend~ ;)

Sandy
 
Dang it's hot!!! Sheesh! The past couple of days have been our hottest so far this year. I just read that tomorrow we should reach 100 for the first time this summer. Usually by this time of year, we are staying over 100. We do cool down at night and sometimes get into the 50s.

Jim, I am taking classes at the U of Phoenix. My brother, however, graduated from CU Boulder. Unfortunately as of late, CU's claim to fame has been Ward Churchill, the moronic professor. Remember he referred to the victims of 911 (WTC) as "little Eichmanns". He is no longer at CU. It was discovered that he lied on his application, he plagiarized, he lied about his heritage...He was such a...dork.
A year ago, I was attending Fayetteville State University in NC. That is where I encountered the cretin. Every day he would carry periodicals into the classroom (as if he could actually read) and pull out articles about how terrible Conservatives, Whites, and Republicans are. We butted heads every flippin' day. I was the only older student, and I happen to be the only white student in the class, as well. One day he made another broad statement..."All members of the KKK are Christians because they CLAIM to be Christians...therefore they are." Sheesh...what a doo-doo head. He looked at me when he said it and said..."I see you rolling your eyes. Do you have a comment?" I replied..."I could walk through that door everyday from now until the end of the semester..and every time I came through that door I could say,"Hi...my name is Sandy and I am black." And at the end of the semester I would walk through that door for the final time and say "I am Sandy and I am black", and I would be no more black then than I am now. Just because I say I am something does not make it so." He shut up.
Needless to say that at the end of the semester, I reported him to the Sociology Dept head. I had all of my notes with me when we met with the dept head. Didn't do any good. He lied. Go figure. I ended up with a B and until that class I was carrying a 4.0. Again...what a doo-doo head. Pardon my language!

Whew...now that I have vented, I will wish you all a terrific weekend~ ;)

Sandy
Go ahead.......VENT!
Sandy, sorry to hear about your collage problems! I don't think I could have contained my anger as well as you and I would have called him much much worse!:rolleyes:

My son this year starts public school again Because we just can't afford privite school any more:( It's going to be a battle to keep his head clear from the nonsence that will shoved in his head!:mad:

I read this some where;) , "Be careful who you surround yourself with, lest you become like them!" Forest mom said, "Stupid is as Stupid Does!" My little Saying to my son is this, "Stupid breeds Stupid! Common Sense breed Common Sense!":) :rolleyes:
 
Chris, Jacob looks like he's make a fine sheriff. All you'd have to do is drive him around on your tractor and have him hop off and bite the bad guys. He can probably recognize them better than some of the humans that wear badges here. :rolleyes: Sounds like that homeowner shot the burglar with his own gun. He was lucky to be able to get it away from the bad guy before he got shot. I'm glad the thug got the pine box but that's really not a smart thing to do with a guy whose armed and you're not.

Sandy, I can remember being in Boulder in July and roasting my buns off. You're lucky this is your first heatwave. Yeah, the reputation of CU really suffered because of that moron Churchill and the amount of time they spent defending his outrageous actions. I'm surprised that the wacko you had to endure was in North Carolina. The boys don't usually take too kindly to troublemakers like that. :) The amazing part to me is that the Democrats have had compete control of the House and Senate for the past four years and yet want to blame the other party for all our current ills. Even disregarding his obvious leaps of logic in regards to the KKK, they haven't been a force in southern politics for over 50 years. They were certainly a shameful group and all real Christians, even back then, denounced their activities.

BTW, doo-do head is not too shocking to most of us guys. :D
 


A Early Good Morning from Florida!

WEATHER
8 AM 77 °F Partly Cloudy / Showers Variable clouds with a few coastal showers.
2 PM 87 °F Partly Cloudy / Showers Scattered showers and storms,(40%). 10 PM 79 °F Partly Cloudy Partly cloudy.

LOCAL NEWS
Missing boy found after 12 years
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1
Jim, this boy was found in Madison, Alabama!

Flugtag crashes Tampa
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=3&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

PERSONAL NOTE
"Mornin Flo, Large Coffee and Steak and Eggs and Jim's Buying!";)

The wife woke me up early making noise getting ready to pick up Ryan from Camp! She's happy:) :) Myself the equipment is loaded and ready to go mowing starting at 8am!:) :) :) The 40% chance of rain should all be inland and nothing on the coast! I hope this is so I have to apply some weed killer and chinch bug killer to a customers lawn and it needs to let dry for 24 hrs!

Jim I feel sorry if someone enters my house uninvited! Moose and Mr Noodle would have a field day! My wife won't let me have a Gun:( But I can have a large dogs!:D "I want a German Shepard next" awsome Dogs!!!!:) I been attacked by a dobby when I was 8:eek: , I'd rather be shot dead than mauled by a big dog a left to suffer my wounds and mental sufferings that come with a dogg attack! What cool about Moose is people are quick to wanting to pet him(He's cute), but as soon as they get close enough see that spoted tounge and here is low quiet deep growl they back off quick!:eek: My FIL Hates Jacob and Jacob Hates him:D Now Moose can't get enough of his Grandma(they love each other)! drives my FIL nuts!............GOOD!:D

"The amazing part to me is that the Democrats have had compete control of the House and Senate for the past four years and yet want to blame the other party for all our current ills." Jim, I couldn't have said it better my self! Both Partys waist so much time and money blaming each other and every one else that they can lay blame on, that nothing ever gets done! Look at all the money waisted on Big oil Hearings:eek: ! and silly crap that Tax Payers have to pay for! "Let's pay for a booger flicking study/grant next!" I'm sure we can find a Collage that will host the study and take the money! Our ALMOST ALL OF OUR ELECTED OFFICALS NEED ALL BE FIRED"PERIOD!"
 
Good Morning all and Happy Weekend to'ya!
The wife (and me) is buzzing this morning. We are going to go get the puppies after lunch. Needless to say, I won't be doing any MR this weekend, but playing with the "Bama Boys", instead:D . She went to PetSupply yesterday and spent $200 on puppy stuff: beds, bowls, toys, etc.:eek: :rolleyes:

Jim/Chris: Around here we say, "Show me a poor man that is elected to the Capitol and I will show you a rich man when he comes back." Think about it and watch...I have paid attention to this a long time and it has always applied:mad: .
 
Good afternoon yall!

Rex - Too bad I took all my old newspapers to the recycle bin, I should've saved them for you to cover your floors with - you're gonna need 'em, LOL! :D

Man is it ever quiet here at Flo's today...

One of SW9's decoders went south on Thursday, I spent all evening yesterday trying to fix it but I only made it worse. So I'm off to ModelTrainStuff's to buy a Z-scale replacement [that's the only size that will fit that doesn't have to be special-ordered]. Speaking of decoders - I received my warranty-replacement TCS decoder for a Kato SD38-2 in the mail today, glad it finally showed!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning all and Happy Weekend to'ya!
The wife (and me) is buzzing this morning. We are going to go get the puppies after lunch. Needless to say, I won't be doing any MR this weekend, but playing with the "Bama Boys", instead:D . She went to PetSupply yesterday and spent $200 on puppy stuff: beds, bowls, toys, etc.:eek: :rolleyes:

.

O.K. Rex are they going to be Big Man size dogs 50+lbs.!:D or those little tiny wanabe less than 10lbs lap dogs! Dogs are kinda like guns to me....You pull a .22 out and you get laughed at by the robber:p or You pull out the Street Canon and they get scared!:eek: :eek: But the spent shells on the big dogs are way more to deal with:rolleyes: :D I want pic's of your new family friends!
 
Ken, Carolyn bought some "P pads" that you use to help house break them. Although they will be in/out dogs, they will be in mostly for awhile. Our daughter used them with her dogs and had very good results. After they learn to use them inside, you place one outside and they get the idea...I hope. We never had a problem training our dogs before, but then again ...(I still hate this part of it:D )

Chris, Golden Retrievers are cousins with the Labs, having the same family tree up to a point in their pedigree (late 1800's). They average around 70 pounds or so. Rusty, our last Goldie, weighed 92 pounds and wasn't fat. Although the Goldie is very loving and playful to all, their size usually puts strangers on the alert. Oh sure, I will post a few photos of the new family members;) :D .

Welp, time to go get them. :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ken, Carolyn bought some "P pads" that you use to help house break them. Although they will be in/out dogs, they will be in mostly for awhile. Our daughter used them with her dogs and had very good results. After they learn to use them inside, you place one outside and they get the idea...I hope. We never had a problem training our dogs before, but then again ...(I still hate this part of it:D )

Chris, Golden Retrievers are cousins with the Labs, having the same family tree up to a point in their pedigree (late 1800's). They average around 70 pounds or so. Rusty, our last Goldie, weighed 92 pounds and wasn't fat. Although the Goldie is very loving and playful to all, their size usually puts strangers on the alert. Oh sure, I will post a few photos of the new family members;) :D .

Welp, time to go get them. :)


Lucky!:D Your getting REAL DOGS!:D How many are you getting? and are you going to breed um! :D ;)
 
Afternoon, everyone.

Rex, I've heard it said that one of the characters in the state legislature, when they were voting on term limits, said "If you can't steal enough in four years to support yourself for the rest of your life, you're too dumb to be here anyway." I think he was actually serious. :eek: Don't say anything too loud about your dogs around the wife, especially since they are puppies. I've already got two kittens and a cat and she loves golden retrievers, especially when they are cute little puppies. I didn't retire to start a livestock operation. :)

Chris, mom's always miss their babies more than us dads. Jacob definitely looks like a scary dog. I've always thought a big, loud dog was about the best alarm system you can have. I've already decided that I'm voting against every incumbent in the upcoming elections. Why should I continue to pay their salaries when it seems they've gotten almost nothing right in the last four years?

Ken, it always seem like one decoder goes up in flames even after they work good for a while. I have the feeling they don't quite have all the electronics straight in them yet.

It's a totally miserable day today. It's smoky from fires down in Florida, hazy, and 101 degrees! I feel winded walking to the mailbox. We're going to a Biscuits game tonight and the way the stadium is built, it blocks whatever breeze there may happen to be. It should be a nice, steamy 90 or so at game time. I hope it's a short game. :( I did finally get down to the layout and take some pictures, including my old SD-9. I'll post them in a bit. Stay cool, everyone. If you live directly along the coast from North Carolina north, keep an eye on Tropical Depression 3. Should be a minimal tropical storm by later tonight or tomorrow morning. I don't think it has much chance for development but these storms that move up the coast are tricky. It looks like the most probable place for landfall is actually Nova Scotia! Bertha looks on track to hit Iceland as a strong extra tropical storm in Tuesday. Global warming or cooling? Let's ask Al Gore. :D
 
Evening Gents!

WEATHER
Our rain is no more, we didn't get a drop today!

LOCAL NEWS
Mysterious house on sale in Sarasota
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1
This is cool! any one got a spare $449,000 lying around? A model of it would look cool on any layout. That would get the nitpickers pantys in a knot:D say to your nitpicker friends, "What? got something aganst little people?" :D :rolleyes:


PERSONAL NOTE
Got all my yards done and mine too! My neigbor let his lawn get to tall to the point where his push mower wouldn't cut it! You would think he would have payed me to do it with my tractor:confused: Instead he used his weed eater to cut it! looks like crap.......LOL's More power to him! Our rain chances went into the garbage, all less than 30% O'well!

Jim Mom got her boy she's super happy! The boy can't do no wrong......BTW, he didn't like camp!:( He said all the kids were snobby and the Camp people were rude and nasty(foul Language)and such. He's so use to Normal people! O'well. Jim remember to Right in my dogs names;) they need yours and everyone elses vote!
 


Whew! Just got back from my trip to the Springs. What a beautiful day for an outdoor celebration. One of my best friends and I share a birthday and we try to celebrate together every year. He is a year younger than I am and usually reminds me of that as often as possible! It is a 1.5 hour drive each way and I am pooped! I borrowed my sister's GPS thingy and it worked like a charm. Drove by the Air Force Academy and once again, it took my breath away. It is such an awesome sight, nestled against the Rockies. Anyway...many good friends, much good food...just a terrific day.

Chris, your comment on little dogs, big dogs and their names reminded me of I scene I worked as an EMT. It was a gang related homocide and through massive confusion with many PD/agencies working together, I ended up transporting the bad guy back in my unit, unaccompanied by PD. Anyway...when we got to the ER, I had to run back out and check my unit and as I returned to the ER I heard/saw a HUGE white German Sheperd in the back of a county K-9 unit. This dog was ENORMOUS and was rocking the car as it ran from window to window. I noticed an SO doing paper work in the ER and I asked him if that was his dog. He told me it was and I mentioned that it was beautiful and asked it's name. He looked at me with a very serious expression and said, "don't laugh". I assured him that I wouldn't and he told me the dog's name was FiFi. Of course, I laughed. He told me it was a great asset on scenes because when he hollered for FiFi...the bad guys wouldn't take him seriously until this monster dawg came running in! So, I don't know if it is more in the name or the size of the dawg!

Sheesh! I have taken to rambling in here...sorry 'bout that! :p

Have a terrific evening!!

Sandy
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top