Coffee Shop Version is 11 now open.

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon all,
Ray, Paul Prayers to you both at this sad time, were thinking about you.

Rex your going to be VERY busy for the next few months, the boys here would love a puppy but there is no chance of that with moving home and all looming.
Ken Can you not get the decoders from someplace else??
tom The waiter was arguing with you the customer,,, who did he think he was LOL
 
Ken: I learned a very long time ago that if something seems to be to be true, it usually is. That includes TCS's so-called goof-proof warranty. Everything has a limit. Bachmann's so-called repair warranty is an example. They don't repair anything, just replace it with a like "fill in the blank" that has the same inherent problem.
 


Evening everyone!

WEATHER

HELLO TS DOLLY!:D Mexico/Texas looks to be the target this time! We got some brief rain inland today, the coastal communitys got squat! O'well

High: 91 Low: 77
TUESDAY Partly Cloudy 40% chance of thunderstorms

LOCAL NEWS

Stepfather charged in double stabbing
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...=10&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.1.1

Famed greyhound dies at age 20
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1


PERSONAL NOTE

"Just another day in the salt mine!" or should I just say "Just another walk in the park!";) man am I tired, stick a fork in me I'm done!

Paul and Ray, Sorry to hear about your babbies:( Time heals all:)

Rex, My wife wants those pupies, I showed her those pic's and boy did I get the guilt trip:rolleyes: LOL's

Steve, are you getting tired of your tanks?:confused: ;) haven't seen hide nor armor!:eek: ;) BTW: how the mrs' doing? Well i hope:)

Well, my son will start back to public school on 8/18 6th grade(Middle schooler), We just couldn't afford privite school any more so he heads of to Public School soon! They just built a new school in our neigborhood a mile away, lucky he could ride his bike to school or ride the bus. I hope it ain't to liberial:( my son can't handle that stuff! He's like me;) :D
 
Paul, I'm sure my wife and daughters would be trying to nurse the old girl along too. It's hard to let go of old friends like that. :( I hope they'll be able to do the right thing soon.

Ray, poor Shelia's in a better place now. 21 years is a long time for a cat. I know it was a tough thing for you. I've often wondered if cats and dogs have their own heaven or if we get to have our pets back when we pass on? Another mystery we'll eventually get the answer to.

Now, the rest of you guys, stop posting those cute dog pictures. The wife and daughters look at them and now they want a puppy. Post ugly dog pics and then give us a link to the real ones. Rex, your pictures are especially bad. :) I'm going to start posting pictures of our two cute kittens and then you'll be stuck getting some of them. If I get more livestock, I'm going to have more animals than Chris soon.

Tom, sounds like a real fun dinner. I had one for my parent's 35th anniversary that went just like yours. I left the guy a buck for a tip and note saying how displeased we were with the service. This nutbar followed us out of the restaurant shouting at us for leaving him a buck and threatening to punch my dad. I told him I was one who left the tip and he threatened to punch me. Just what I was waiting for. A quick armbar and he was on his face getting the cuffs slapped on. Unfortunately for him, I was on-call and legally on-duty. He went for battery on a peace officer, spent 10 days in jail, and lost his job. That was one of my more enjoyable arrests. :D

Ken, TCS is like a curse word to me. Poor quality control and worse customer service. I use nothing but NCE now. The few problems I've had have always been operator error or Tony's exchanged the bad decoder for a new one, no questions asked. That's too bad about your kitten. Those are not the kind of childhood memories we want to have.

Steve, how is your wife doing? I'm assuming that the heart thing turned out to be a scare, thank goodness.

Crhsi, I don't know how you work in that heat. The high here today was 102 with a heat index of 111. :eek: We actually got a short shower that lowered the temperature to 92 but really made the place feel like a steam bath. Like Rex said, Alabama in July! It's no wonder all the slaves ran away when they could. Nothing of interest in the Gulf except for Dolly, which will probably be a cat 1 hurricane when it comes ashore near the Texas/Mexico border. Crisobal is head up the coast but probably won't make land fall until it's extratropical somewhere in Nova Scotia. The remains of Bertha are giving Iceland 60 mph winds and five inches of rain right now. Strange tropical storm season so far.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
07-22-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png
:eek:
SteakEggs.png

THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
Diner.png

menu_breakfast_1.png
waitress3.png
 
Good morning.

It's 75 and clear. The high today should be around the mid 90's and it'll be mostly cloudy and there's a fair chance of thunderstorms. It would be nice if they bring some rain along with them.

Still have internet problems here so loading web pages and posting replies is very slow and very aggravating. This is day #6. One thing for sure, I better see a good bit off my bill, cause I'm definitely not getting what I'm paying for. I'm paying for high speed and getting slower than dial-up!

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 7/22/2008


Heat Index: 80°F
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 73°F

So Far Today
High: 77°F
Low: 75°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph E

Today High: 95 Partly sunny. Isolated showers and thunderstorms in the morning...then scattered showers and thunderstorms in the afternoon. Highs in the mid 90s. Light and variable winds. Chance of precipitation 40 percent.

Tonight Low: 75 Mostly cloudy with scattered showers and thunderstorms. Lows in the mid 70s. Southeast winds around 10 mph in the evening becoming light and variable. Chance of precipitation 40 percent.
 
Good morning folks

It was 77 F on the way this morning. High today is supposed to be 94 with a chance of thunderstorms.

No modeling last night. My daughter had a basketball game. Her team won 40 to 6. It was pretty ugly. They were up at half time 20 to 0. They even tried to take it easy. They played back on defense and had to make six passes before a shot and no fast breaks. Even with all the chances the other team kept giving up the ball and taking bad shots.

Now I am off to a morning full of meetings. I have to take my daughter to the orthodontist this afternoon. She has a broken band on her braces that has to be fixed. She will be getting the braces off in about two weeks.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Mornin' everyone!

Currently 72°F in the Finger Lakes. High is supposed to be around 78° with some showers this morning and a couple thunder storms later in the day. Very gray outside. Guess I will do some work inside.

Have a great day!
 


Morning Folks ! Like Ray says it's kinda of a gray day in this part of the US. Managed to make it to the farmer's market for some fruits and veggies . Nothing else new around here . Except I could hang out with John McCain here for $10,000 a plate . I passed on it . Oh well Guess I'll have to wait for the next greet and meet . Gotta go have some breakfast so I hope you all have a nice day !!!!!
 
Jim She's taking it easy,,, ish. The problem is still lurking with intent so we'll be very glad to get this next test done so we'll know whats what.

The Eldest boy decided to put a nice transparent plastic thing on his bedside lamp last night, good job i went in when i did as it was melted and spitting like crazy, must have been very close to the flash point, that was a lucky find.
 
Afternoon, everyone

Steve, I sure hope they find out what's happening with her heart. Must be very nerve-wracking. I guess the boy learned a valuable lesson about light bulbs, heat and plastic. :)

Rotor, are you on cable or dialup? If it's cable, I'd sure be pitching a fit over those speeds. Jeffrey, even with the problems you've had, be glad you don't have Charter. My speed will go from 100k to 5 megs and back down to 100k in seconds. We lose service for days at a time on a regular basis. I've had every cable from the street back replaced and still have the problem. The last moron they sent said it must be a problem with my cable modem. Yeah, right, and all 18 of neighbors had their cable modems all go bad at the same time too. I've filed two complaints wihte the Alabama Public Service Commision, which does about much good as complaining to the cat. :mad:

Paul, maybe he'll drive by and you can wave at him. :) The prices at Flo's are much more reasonable if McCain wants to drop by here.

Ray, The low last night was 76! It's a toasty 101 right now with a heat index of 107. Any thoughts of yardwork quickly vanished from my head this morning.

We've got a whole flock of thunderstorms to the north of us but nothing seems to be developing down here. There's some faint hope a few could drift down this way later this afternoon. Other than that, it's just the usual blazing heat. Dolly probably won't make it to anything past cat 1 status before she comes onshore wednesday somewhere near Brownsville. Cristobal is heading off into the Atlantic and will brush Nova Scotia on his way to a watery grave. There's a small tropical wave just of the coast of Africa that may develop into something over the next 7-10 days but that's about it. The southeast is still going to be dry except for these occasional thunderstorms that don't have much areal coverage. It's kind of weird. I arrived here just after the disastrous 2005 huricane season and there hasn't been anything of any magnitude to hit the US mainland since. I don't know if I'm good luck or bad. :confused:
 
This morning was very dreary around here. Not only was it yucky outside, I watched my 18+ pounder, Manet, go all over the house and sniff all the common places that old Sheila used to use for naps. Then he would look up at me and meow. I removed the big open litter box that was put in place for her and the newspaper next to it where she did most of her "duties" for the last year. That also seemed to bum out the boys. They have both been very lovey to me today and I think have some idea that something is wrong....... In today's mail was a sympathy card from the vets office signed by her and all the staff. Nice touch in addition to not charging for euthanasia and creating a paw print in clay as a keepsake.

This afternoon the sun has decided to come out (after at least an inch of rain), so I decided to go fill up 3 20lb. propane bottles. On the way the "you need to fill up the gas tank" light came on in the truck. So I filled her up on the way home. That took care of any spare cash I had for the rest of the month.......:eek: ;) Still will need to fill up the Yaris before I head out to camp this weekend, but that will be a bit nicer on the wallet.

Jim the temp is only 74° here at almost 5 PM so it won't likely ever reach the predicted high. I may mow lawn tonight while it is cool.

Jeffrey I did a test of my cable connection. These are my results (actually they are somewhat lower than the results I got a year or so ago):
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Evenin' gang!

Is this the new "admission card" to get into the shop? LOL


First an update on my DCC soap opera: To their credit, TCS' tech support manager called me at home yesterday to personally apologize for their oversight on diagnosing my defective decoder. [I had sent them a scathing email on Sunday night.] He'll send me a new A6X free-of-charge since they stopped makng the A4X's. Too late for the intended loco - I put a Lenz in its place - but there is another Kato unit in my B&O roster that can use the A6X. For this good faith gesture, I'll cancel my original plan to post an anti-TCS 'rant' thread in the main forum here and across the street. I'd still rather buy decoders that work properly the first time though...

Been a hot one around here too, at least for folks in the Mid 'Lantic region. Jim, I believe you've managed to scare off all the tropical storms from your area. Are you on good terms with the President? If so, maybe he can help. After all, if he caused Katrina as some people claim, he should have no trouble at all conjuring up a nice lil' Cat-1 for your area...;)

My family's going on two out-of-town trips this year: visiting my S-I-L in Alabama in mid-August which you already know about, and going to a Family Retreat camp in the hills of eastern Ohio next week (July 26-Aug 1). I have to start preparing for that earlier trip, so there's not much modeling activity on the horizon for me.

Have a good 'un!
 
We are fixin' to get a toad floater here!

Jim, those numbers are for DSL! :confused:

I'm sorry to hear of all the pet issues... I know how bad I hate it when we lose a critter here.

Rotor
 
Evening everyone!

WEATHER
Well we're getting rain but it all inland! My park 30 miles inland got 1/4" of rain and on the coast where i live we got squat! O'well typical sea breeze thing. It was hot one to day, if it weren't for the sea breeze every so often it would be murder down here. It's raining 12 miles from here in Brookville, hope it comes this way;) Weather Radar of my area: http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...d=F0DFF756B59C3E58933F47E49AD2F468?pageId=9.1

LOCAL NEWS
Peacocks peeve homeowner's association
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=3&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1
These things are all over florida, they should be the new state bird!LOL,s

Police dog killed by air conditioner malfunction
http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/myfox/...n=3&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

PERSONAL NOTE
I said it before I'll say it again,"stick a fork in me I'm done!" Mowed tons of grass today, then came home and took my son to Pine Island Beach(Saltwater Beach) we swam for an hour, water temp was in the upper 80's! If i had to guess the water temp it was 87 degrees, way to warm for my taste! I like my water in the low to mid 70's! But before we left I got some 50 lbs live rock for my tank:D :rolleyes:

Steve, did your boy tell you why he wraped the light bulb in plastic wrap? "I love kids reasons for doing what they do!":)


Paul, why don't you sell McCain a $10,000 a plate to Eat with you!;) and Charge Obama $100,000 a plate :D


Jim, Keep saying to yourself over and over,"It's going to rain!" Or Wash and Wax your cars!:D
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top