jeffrey-wimberly
Dr Frankendiesel
Good morning.
It 74 this morning, slightly cooler than yesterday morning. It's also very cloudy. The high should be in the lower 90's and thunderstorms are expected to raise their ugly heads.
Yesterday was a lot of fun. With the number of thunderstorms that moved through this area I'm surprised I wasn't off-line the entire day. I also stumbled across a Mantua Tyco loco (Santa Fe 4015). With the parts I have on hand it should make a good rebuilding project. Why? Why not. I also cleaned all the track on the back side of the layout. Lots of fun that was getting the dried glue film off the rails. At least ballast isn't something that has to be put down more than once.
Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 7/15/2008
Heat Index: 78°F
Humidity: 89%
Dew Point: 71°F
So Far Today
High: 75°F
Low: 73°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph NE
Through 7 AM...scattered showers and thunderstorms over southwest Louisiana back building to the northwest then drifting southeast will produce rainfall rates around an inch an hour into Lake Charles and Sulphur as well as Iowa and Lake Arthur. Scattered showers and thunderstorms over the coastal waters from Johnson bayou to pecan island and out 60 nm will move southeast at 10 knots. Widely scattered showers and thunderstorms with rainfall rates between 1 and 2 inches an hour will continue developing north of Jasper. Isolated showers and thunderstorms will develop from deridder and Oakdale to Kinder with half inch an hour rainfall rates.
Today High: 95 Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 90s with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Light and variable winds.
Tonight Low: 68 Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 60s. Light and variable winds.
It 74 this morning, slightly cooler than yesterday morning. It's also very cloudy. The high should be in the lower 90's and thunderstorms are expected to raise their ugly heads.
Yesterday was a lot of fun. With the number of thunderstorms that moved through this area I'm surprised I wasn't off-line the entire day. I also stumbled across a Mantua Tyco loco (Santa Fe 4015). With the parts I have on hand it should make a good rebuilding project. Why? Why not. I also cleaned all the track on the back side of the layout. Lots of fun that was getting the dried glue film off the rails. At least ballast isn't something that has to be put down more than once.
Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 7/15/2008
Heat Index: 78°F
Humidity: 89%
Dew Point: 71°F
So Far Today
High: 75°F
Low: 73°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 3mph NE
Through 7 AM...scattered showers and thunderstorms over southwest Louisiana back building to the northwest then drifting southeast will produce rainfall rates around an inch an hour into Lake Charles and Sulphur as well as Iowa and Lake Arthur. Scattered showers and thunderstorms over the coastal waters from Johnson bayou to pecan island and out 60 nm will move southeast at 10 knots. Widely scattered showers and thunderstorms with rainfall rates between 1 and 2 inches an hour will continue developing north of Jasper. Isolated showers and thunderstorms will develop from deridder and Oakdale to Kinder with half inch an hour rainfall rates.
Today High: 95 Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 90s with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms. Light and variable winds.
Tonight Low: 68 Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 60s. Light and variable winds.
