Evening, everyone...or I guess a very early good morning, depending on where you're at.
Had a nasty Meniere's attack today. Started spinning about 3:00 pm and got enough valium in me fast enough that only had spinning vertigo for about an hour. Luckily, I only got to the nausea stage and not the "fun" stuff that comes afterwards.

Laid down for abut two hours and slept and feel reasonably good now except for that truck that hit me. It's a chronic inner ear disease with no known cause and no cure. I'm already mostly deaf in one ear from it but no signs of it progressing to the other ear so it's all good. It's a yucky disease but a lot better than the things I could get at my age.
Ken, do like Rex said and call Tony's Train Exchange. They will make up the ribbon cable in the exact length you need with the connectors. They do first class work and I'll bet it will actually cost you less money when you factor in the cost of the crimping tool.
Jeffrey, it sounds like a pretty shrub but I think I'll stay away from anything that gets that big. I do remember seeing that huge rose bush in Tombstone although I didn't know it was a Lady Banks. The sign said it weighed about 11 tons!
Great job trapping that possum. They aren't easy to get. I had a whole family under my deck in California and they were the source of never ending problems. When they are making babies, they make a racket that could wake the dead.

I finally got them all trapped after about three years work although the patriarch of the family was so huge I couldn't get him in a 50 gallon trash can with a snare. He succumbed to lead poisoning.
Paul, I had no idea any cactus could winter over in upstate New York. It sure looks like it likes the climate by the beauty of those flowers.
Steve, I have babes like that show up wanting to look at my trains all the time (
Don't I wish!). You Brits just don't cultivate the right kind of female railfans.
Rex, your dentist is right that you get the best fit by wearing the dentures and letting your gums heal to the contour of the dentures. I've had mine for about 8 years now and they still fit like a glove. OTOH, after going through as much pain as I did, I'm not sure I wouldn't take the chance of a less than perfect fit and have them adjusted later. Like I said, it may not be as bad with fewer teeth but make sure your dentist gives a prescription for some heavy duty pain pills like dilaudid, not something wimpy like Vicodin.
Blazing hot again here with a high of 100 and low of only 74. It's still 80 right now so I guess it will get even worse tomorrow although we have a slight chance for some storms down here. Bertha is backup to a cat 2 and looks like she will regain cat 3 status tomorrow before starting her slow decline toward death as she moves further north. Bermuda is not out of the woods yet but it's looking less likely that Bertha will get close enough to cause anything significant. Believe it or not, Bertha is following a branch of the Gulf stream that is unusually displaced about 1,000 miles out in the Atlantic and Bertha may end up holding together as a tropical storm long enough to hit Iceland.
