Afternoon, everyone.
Larry, that's bad news that they weren't able to reinsert the feeding tube. It really does sound like the end of the road is near. If he can be cared for at home, with the help of Hospice, I'd really urge you to consider that option. It will be much easier on him, you, and Glendia, and Hospice will make sure he's pain-free and peaceful until the end.
Ken, I was hoping they were all clean fractures. Dilaudid is a really heavy duty pain reliever and always has to be given with an antinausea drug, usually phenergran. The combination can be very difficult to tolerate for people who are opioid naive. I imagine they have her on hydrocodone now, which should still give good pain relief, but not cause so many side effects. She still should be pretty sedated, so now's a good time to run out and buy some trains.
LTF, as long as you are comfortable with your choices, more power to you. I'd still point out that the OPP carry guns for more than decoration. OTOH, you could always sic RRRRRRRRAmone on any intruder. He's probably at least as as scary as any of my scary looking guns if he wants to be.

I know the SPRING is coming and, a couple of months from now, I'll be complaining because it's too hot, but I'd be happy to have a little taste of it now.
Rex...thongs....?

Thank goodness you got covered up in time, or the FedEX guy would have puked all over your new monitor.

The change really is amazing, isn't it? When I got my LCD monitor, it was a relief, because I thought I was going blind with the old one, everything looked so bad. So far our total snowfall has been...zero! The Piggly Wiggly lot was packed this morning though, since I guess the bread and milk panic was finally on, even though it's clear now that nothing is going to happen.
Barry, sounds like you're getting some of what we were supposed to get. Nothing as fun as driving on snow covering a layer of ice.
Jeffrey, it sure sounds like a master cylinder problem. I assume you've tried the backing up real fast and slamming on the brakes trick to see if that would readjust the brakes?
Bob, I'd give a major body part to fly in a B-17. That must have been amazing. I've had more than my fill of helicopters with the sheriff's department. We had a complete loss of power in our Hughes 500D and the pilot managed to autorotate us down on the only 10 foot stretch of beach that kept us from ditching in the Pacific.

I ain't never getting into one of those things again.
Chris, I don't think you have to worry about any snow flurries down there. I'd be happy with a high of 58 though. It's 39 here now.
CJ, this "storm' is turning into a giant dud down here. That dry air is just too well entrenched. We had about 10 minutes of graupel and the rest has been a little light rain. Looks like we may get a few flurries on the backside of the front, but that's about it. I'm not sure I'm buying into the big outbreak of cold air now either. It will still be cold, especially during the day, but I don't see the lows being much below the 17 we've already had. There just won't be enough snow cover to promote the single digit temperatures that were forecasted.
Number 2 daughter came home last night leaving a big trail of oil up the driveway. She thought something smelled "funny". Well, yeah, oil dripping on the manifold does smell "funny".

It looks like a leak in the oil pan gasket, but it's at the mechanic's now, so I hope it's nothing worse. We'll see. She has a 2001 Grand Am amd I can see why GM went bankrupt. That car has something wrong with it at least once a month.

Big game tonight, so I'll be able to go and lay down across Main Street tonight for about three hours and not get run over. Since we know Bama is going to win, the interesting question will be which team will end up #2. Texas will have one loss, and Boise State is 14-0. I don't see how Boise State won't deserve the #2 spot.