Coffee Shop Twenty is now open fer business

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Evening, everyone.

Rex, just thinking about your puffball forest exploding into a cloud makes me laugh. Things can happen real quick with power tools, including separating one body part from another. :eek: We still have a tiny window for some snow early tomorrow morning if the rain and snow that's over Louisiana and Arkansas now can stick around here long enough for the cold air that's coming after midnight. We are headed into a bitterly cold week, though, so I'll be amazed if we don't get some kind of frozen precipitation out of it. It's 56 here now and that's by far the warmest temperatures we are going to see for the next seven days.

Steve, nothing worse than that train bug. Happy New Year to you and all our other friends in the UK. BTW, I wouldn't go so far as to call Rex a gentleman but he's pretty much an OK guy. :D

Bob, the good thing is that 2010 has a lot better chance of treating you nicer than 2009. :( Here's hoping it's a healthy, prosperous, and crime-free year for all of us. I'll sure be interested in what you find out about that engine.

Mikey, I'm staying off the roads tonight too. I hope the in-laws make it in OK. It's actually pretty clear except from East Texas over to us and that should be gone by tomorrow.

Ken, I always like it when relatives come...and when they leave. :) Happy New Year to you and the family.

Matt, reflecting on things past and things still to come is called growing up. It's not all that much fun, but you have to do it, whether you like it or not. And I don't see what water polo has to do with track either.

I've laid in a big enough supply of explosive to keep the neighborhood occupied for about an hour. Some of the mortars I have this year are monsters! How can you not like a state that allows you to buy almost any kind of ordinance smaller than a 105mm howitzer shell and have fun blowing things up? ;) The interesting thing is that the newspapers won't be filled with stories about people blowing their hands off tomorrow either. They will be in California, where fireworks are illegal...hmm...think fireworks or idiots are the problem? :rolleyes:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Bob- thanks for helping us out on that, itll be interesting to hear more about it none-the-less.

Phil- thanks for that link

saw earlier, id like to see if you can decifer it.

aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. If you can raed tihs, psot it to yuor wlal. Olny 55% of plepoe can

:D , i could read it, but maybe thats cause i text alot lol.
 


aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. If you can raed tihs, psot it to yuor wlal. Olny 55% of plepoe can

:D , i could read it, but maybe thats cause i text alot lol.

:D:D:D:D

That looks like something I'd have done doing a verbal version of Pittman's shorthand!! LOL!!:D:D:)

Actually that looked more like my sisters writing when her Dyslexia kicked in :cool::eek: Good thing we can understand that----:D:D:):)

------------------------------------------------------------

As I'm sitting here with my Pinot Grigio--

Have a HAPPY NEW YEARS !!!!!

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
 
Last edited by a moderator:
:D:D:D:D

That looks like something I'd have done doing a verbal version of Pittman's shorthand!! LOL!!:D:D:)

Actually that looked more like my sisters writing when her Dyslexia kicked in :cool::eek: Good thing we can understand that----:D:D:):)

hahaha, im amazed that i can actually read it, and im not sure if its a good thing or a bad thing that i can read spelling as horrid as that, kind of makes you woner if our brains are so inteligent they can decifer words like that, or that we're (generic form, not refering to you and I) is dumb enough that spelling like that is clear enough for us to understand in plain english. :rolleyes::D
 
HAPPY NEW YEARS!

Busy day as I am just getting on. I have more to say tomorrow.

Littlefoot how are the Phantoms this year? We miss them here in Philly. They had good teams and they were very family friendly. They were also affordable! My kids loved to go to their games. They also were great with scouts. Our pack got to be a color guard at one game and we got a behind the scenes tour another time. They are supposed to move back to Allentown once the new arena is built there.
 
Good Morning and Happy New Year! Just got Back from Bush Gardens. They had a New Year eve Part that ran from 10am to 1am! spent the whole time there! Good God Am I tired! I'll chat later and post pic's until then see ya!
 
Happy New Year from Heart of Dixie.

Good thing I'm not trying to get an airplane today. I took a shower after blowing up a hundred pounds of various fireworks and I think I'd still set off the explosives detector. :) The neighborhood kids liked it though, had quite a crowd. All except for one old grouch, who complains every year about blowing off fireworks on the Fourth and New Year's Eve. I make sure a few rockets exploded directly over his house. :rolleyes:

No rain and no snow here and the temperature is still 50. Looks like a few showers are headed our way but the cold air is still back in Arkansas, which means it will be cold enough to snow but we won't have the fun of having any snow. Looks like a chilly start to the new year.
 


Happy New Year

from Ye Olde London Towne. A chilly but sunny New Year's morn here. A happy and prosperous year to one and all.
 
Good Morning again, I guess I'm over tired and having trouble sleeping:rolleyes:. Ditto on the Happy New Year, we spent all of yesterday at Bush Gardens enjoying their New year party! My son Ryan, His friend, and I spent from 10am to 1am the next year riding all the rides. My wife showed up after work to join in the party. Although nothing really new with the theme park. I did manage to find this neat Roller Coaster Model there!:) This was the first roller coaster model I seen work that well! I mean it got me wondering about a Model theme park RR complete with this monster:D

The box said 1/48 scale but it looked closer to 1/87 IMO. you could and might be able to get a way with it on a O scale layout for a back ground scene:confused::rolleyes: But either way very neat model needless to say.

Here's there web address, http://coasterdynamix.com/ If the rest of their coaster models work this good might be something to keep an Eye on!;)
 
Tom- The phantoms are doing ok, im not sure about their record but they certainly play hard. They lost there first game at the civic center to the worchestor sharks, and they lost last night, however i know they have some wins, im just not sure how many. Jon Matsumoto was selected to play on the 2010 all-star team. Things have been alot different from the old teams that use to play here, the ice hawks, adirondack frostbite, river rats when the circus was in albany, and the phantoms are a much more crowd freinly team. Im not sure what tickets cost, i beleive its something like 15 dollars, but i know season tickets were something like 1600.

Jim- Join th club, weve got a couple of bizarre neighbors as well. One woman who told me my dog was a hideous mutt because she barks at her little rat dog, the little ankle biter that she dresses up and puts in a stroller, my dog has papers :rolleyes: and she likes to "collect" any ball that goes over the fence- 200ft away, a homerun on a little league feild, and i cant even get the ball :mad::rolleyes: Thanks for explaing that reflecting is just growing up, i just dont feel like leaving our old camp even though i know ill be thrilled in the long run.

I hope to go take a peak at the new camp, itll be 1.8 mile walk because of the gate, but thats not bad. its a nice day with some fresh powder and im looking forward to the walk in the woods.
 
Happy New Years Day!!!

'Spring' finally came out from behind the printer in my office armoire this morning, doing his "mmmm? mmm? ---megh? megh?" comments---last guest left at 8am.

From the looks of things it may only take 10 minutes to get this place cleaned up---the guests behaved themselves last night:D:D;) Actually our guests did a good cleanup--it's just that a few things were put in the wrong places:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Today is going to be adding more snow to the amount we got a coupla days ago---we are seeing about a foot more coming today and tonight:rolleyes::eek: Tomorrow neighbour and I will get to play with our new snowblowers:eek:;):)

Have a good one people--:D:D
 
Hope you all made it into 2010 without any mishaps. It's been really quite cold here today, actually everything has been frozen solid all day, Eh Ron, no good for two wheels at all.
 
I had a nice quiet new years with my parents and sister and a couple of the neighbors last night and I saw the new year in with a couple of ounces of champagne. Got the slow starting problem with my computer sorted out yesterday. Turned out the hard drive was going bad. Went to the computer shop and got a new one and a USB to IDE kit so I can access my old data drive. Total cost for those two items was $80. I also went to Wal-Mart to get the grocery shopping done. I went to the electronics dept to check out a nagging suspicion I had about their 'low priced and current' memory DDR2 memory sticks. Turns out they're not current at all. They're old DDR2 667 memory, the same as the old memory sticks I salvaged from my old main board to use on this new one. the 667 is the absolute bottom of the barrel for this board. The computer repair place I get my replacement parts from is supposed to be getting some new DDR2 800 memory sticks in soon. I asked them to hold a couple for me. I just got the USB to IDE adapter set up and connected to my data drive and it came up as drive H on my computer. Now I can download the drive to a flash memory card. That will make the data easier to get at in the future when I put in a SATA drive to act as the data drive.
 
Hope you all made it into 2010 without any mishaps. It's been really quite cold here today, actually everything has been frozen solid all day, Eh Ron, no good for two wheels at all.
I,ve not been out on my bike today, but Thursday was okay.Hopefully the snow that fell today will be gone by Monday.
Ron
 
I hope that everyone made it through last night's festivities.

I just got of of the phone wishing an old( and I mean both in tenure, he's been a friend of the family since I can remember, and chronologically, he's 78). He's also an old train buff. I told him about the 4-6-6-6-6 and he seems to think it may be a handmade "one-off" by some guy back in the late 1960's. If any of you happen to have any old Model Railroad Craftsman magazines, maybe you could take a gander for me. Richard seems to think the builder may be from the East, PA possibly, but can't remember his name. But, I simply cannot find any manufacturers marks.

I do know that Tom paid $3500 or $4500 for this engine. W-A-A-A-A-Y more than I would pay for a train. Maybe that is why he was divorced. lol I don't remember a box when he purchased it, but an aluminum attache with a foam and velvet interior, I've still got that, but there is nothing inside to provide any clues.

I will take it back apart, as I had it apart looking for a manufacturer's mark and get pics of the drive. The motors are large open frame deals. Maybe Pittman or the old Sagami models. Anyone remember those amp hogs? The armatures look to have been balanced as they have been "shaved". I don't know if the motors have been rewound, however. This is becoming an obsession finding out about this engine.

I still have found no prototypes. Maybe the engine was the result of a "mad modeller" and his imagination.

Bob
 
One of the friendly things about this forum is the great attitudes and warm greetings everyone has on the forum, from all over the world.

Rex- thanks for the support for my Auburn football team. I worried and stressed for 4 hours over a good Northwestern University team and some close calls by officials. Auburn won in overtime 38-35, finally.:o

It is great to see Steve B. back on the forum and rooting for BAMA in next week's Championship game.

We seem to have lost some people from this time last year, and gained a few more that make this an interesting place to visit.

I hope 2010 is a great year for each and every person here.
 


Evening, everyone.

Mikey, that was a great game. Auburn pulled out a good win against a Big 10 team. Now we can hope Bama can do the same thing to Texas.

Bob, I can't find any information about a prototype 4-6-6-6-6 engine. The closest thing is the 6-6-6-6 Jawn Henry but that had no lead trucks. I suspect this was a modeler who came up with the ultimate foobie. Have you actually tried to run it? I can't imagine what the minimum radius must be. :eek:

Steve and Ron, seems like global warming is failing us all over the world. No ice here yet but it looks like we have lows in teens and 20's all week, with a chance for snow Wednesday and Thursday.

Jeffrey, I have no idea what you're talking about with your computer - way too complicated for me. Sounds like you had a nice New Year's Eve though.

Barry, we have one cat that hides and won't come out if any strangers are here. He's normally our most friendly cat but is terrified of st angers for some reason. Sounds like you're going to whacked pretty good with old man winter. Snowblowers are kind of fun until you hit something like a big rock.

Matt, seems like every neighborhood has at least one oddball. I hate little dogs and hate owners who dress them up even more. Walmart had a whole aisle of doggie clothes that you could get your little mutt for Christmas. Any dog that would wear an outfit without tearing it to bits isn't worth having. :) Sounds like a nice hike. When I lived in Cleveland, me and a group of friends would always take a hike when we had the first full moon and new snow. Didn't even need a flashlight, it was almost bright enough to read a newspaper. It's one of the few good things I remember about snow.

Chris, I'd be a little over tired if I spent 14 hours at an amusement park too. This is God's way of telling you you're getting old. :D I'd love to be able to set up a model amusement park if I could ever get about 900 square feet that I had nothing else to do with.

Andrew, enjoy the rest of the weekend before the grind starts again. I'll be interested to see what the markets do in January. I think we're in for a long overdue correction. No tree grows to the sky, even with government fertilizer. ;)

It was sunny but breezy and cool here today. Our high was 53 at midnight and it's all been downhill since. It's already 39 and headed down to probably 25...and this will probably be the warmest day of the nest week. :eek: I wonder what I did with my parka?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top