Coffee Shop Part VIII

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Mornin' Steve!

Mornin' Bill! I have ..... ah,....... the........ uhm, ........ Man it's hard to concentrate with those new waitresses. Wow! ;) ;) :D
 
Good morning folks. It's foggy and warm here today. By warm, I mean upper thirties! I'm enjoying watching the snow banks lose some of their altitude. It's getting to the point where you can't see around intersections.

There is absolutely no modeling going on right now. That's ok, I'm busy sorting, cleaning, packing, and giving stuff away. Isn't it amazing how you can impact three or four families in a positive way out of one negative? My brother, sister, sister in-law, and employee's daughter are getting all the loot. None of them are in a position to purchase the items we are giving them. I actually feel worse for them then myself. We'll have all kinds of money once this thing shakes out.

I'm making sure to give my wife a heads up about what my plans for the future layout are. I even stated that I don't want the pool table back. This showed her that I mean business! My previous layout could have been massive if I had axed the pool table and pinball machine. I used the pool table once a month, maybe. I 'played' with trains almost daily. This was a serious misuse of space. We now have guidelines for what kind of house we will need in the future as well.

Well, I thought I would check in and say hi. I hope everyone has a happy and healthy start to the new year.
 
Ray, it's hard to stare at two things at the same time! If they go seperate ways, you have a decision to make. Either that or you hurt your neck.
 


Morning all!

Is it morning already? Man, feels like I didn't sleep a wink last night!

Weather guesser is saying almost 60 today! This after just a few days ago when it was -2!

Today: areas of fog/drizzle, unseasonably warm - high: 58 (record: 62, 1880)
Tonight: steady temps, patchy fog & drizzle - low: 55
Monday: near-record warmth, scattered showers - high: 60 (record: 64, 1907)

Don't know if I'll make it to the train show today. I have a ton of homework (still....and yes, I've been working on it!) plus, I'd rather spend the money on layout supplies truthfully. I do appreciate the offer and I don't want to discourage the wife (she said she wants to go.....a first!), so we'll see.

Well, thats my little corner of the world......how 'bout you?

Bill, what happened to the other waitress? did she get bored?

Honestly, I could do without the daily side of visual sex. It's pretty demeaning to the ladies.
 
Good Morning ! ANother gorgeous day here on the Niagara Frontier ! High around 48 and lots of clouds and little bit of rain . Gonna try to take down the outside decorations inbetween raindrops and watching football . Bill love the new waitresses but I think Flo is getting real jealous. well off to get some coffee so all have a nice Sunday !!
 
I require something STRONG to take the pain away from a broken tooth,,, my dammned sister made me eat sticky toffee and you guessed it, crunch, i have been trying so hard to steer cleer of the stuff but she insisted :(
 
Hi everyone and hope all are enjoying their day off. I'm waiting on the password key to my new software "Railroad & Co". They're in Germany and have to wait until the Credit Card money hits their bank. I can still begin setup, but everything else is limited.
Yeah Paul, I agree; we best not neglect Flo with a couple of fluzzies. After all, she's mighty fine as is. Speaking of Flo, pass me the menu. It's time for lunch.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Hi all. I just got home from church a while ago to find a phone message from one of my students from 20 years ago. She was and is one of the sweetest young ladies I have ever known And I had the honor of providing sound for her wedding a few years back. Anyway, she was calling from Oklahoma to make sure that I was aware that one of her classmates who still was living here in town had passed away and his funeral was this afternoon. Unfortunately I didn't find out early enough to be able to attend. He was a great young man, Eagle Scout, and a fine musician. He had a degree in communications and a Masters in Recording. He had made a living performing and selling musical instruments in a well know store in Rochester, NY. As a middle schooler he was in my top chorus and was just a great kid to have around. I guess what makes me feel really bad in that he was part of the group of kids that helped me hold my life together the year my wife died. He died after a long illness at the age of 32.

It is nice to know that many of that group have kept in contact and still care for each other even when there are so many miles between them. It is also nice to have students that I taught so many years ago Just call and want to talk. Maybe I did something right. ;)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ray Thats very sad, 32 is no age to depart but it's very nice to have shared life with someone like that if you know what i mean.
 
Thats a tough one Ray. My condolences to his family.






On a different note......
I took the wife to the train show (she wanted to go.....her idea, and we had fun!). I didn't buy much, just two conveyers to load up my tenders with. Since I didn't get much the wife insisted that we go and pick up some layout supplies! I got several colors of paint (for my backdrop), some paint for my groundcover, a big bottle of white glue, and some lightweight joint compound. We'll see if I can make a mess with that!
 
Philip, sounds like a good day and glad your wife got out to enjoy it with you. You did the right thing in buying at least something. It would be terrible to go to a train show and have anything to show for it.;) :D
 
01-07-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png


:eek:

donuts1.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

BreakfastMenu.png
waitress1.png
 
Good morning folks

It is 43 F and supposed to be going up to 60 F today. Strange weather as we were in the teens three days ago. I am not in the office today as I have several field views today so I will be on the road most of the day.

We had a fun day at the Philadelphia Zoo Open House. We got to tour several behind the scenes parts of the zoo including the new Big Cat Falls, and the Hospital. I also did a few small jobs around the outside of the house.

I had a rough modeling weekend. On examining the coil car covers I realized the weathering was all wrong so I had to remove it. Since I use acyclic paints that meant a bath in soapy water for them. Of course I broke a few parts and had to repair them. I also began renumbering one of the TOFCs.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Good Morning Bill & Tom ! Looks like a scorcher here on the Niagara Frontier with record high Temperature near 59 . Unlike our neighbors in the Western and Mid-Western States. Hope all gets back to normal out your way . Gotta go do some shoping and banking so hope all have a nice day !!
 
Morning everyone. Well I put the placeholder discussion up for pictures of my trip. I'll have to do some editing of the photos, didn't realize they were that big. Also picked up the 4-6-2 from Tuna this weekend, sure is a good looking loco. It's a bachmann spectrum series, does anyone know how to get into where the motor is the easiest way. I looked at the exploded diagram on Bachmann's website and they show it to where the driver assembly needs to come apart to get up in there. Just wondering if anyone had any experience to share.
 
Good morning.

It's currently 66 here in Louisiana.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 1/7/2008


Wind Chill: 66°F
Humidity: 94%
Dew Point: 64°F

So Far Today
High: 67°F
Low: 63°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 18mph S

Today High: 75 Partly sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. South winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 58 Mostly cloudy. Slight chance of showers and thunderstorms in the evening...then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after midnight. Lows in the upper 50s. South winds around 10 mph. Chance of rain 50 percent.
 


Good morning folks. I've decided to join the ranks of non smokers as well. I quit a few years ago, then started a year ago. I've used money and stress as an excuse to smoke. I figure I'm giving everything else up, I may as well give up the one thing that's killing me. Wish me luck! Have a good day.
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top