Coffee Shop Part VIII

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Morning everyone well I made it back from Chicago last night, feels like I'm going to defrost for a while :D Saw lots of cool building and went to some neat places. I'll post pics later on of one of the places that everyone here will like. It was the museum of science and industry. Hope everyone has a good one.
Nick
 
Well, it's starting to warm up some now. It's only -8 here right now, so now we can actually breath outside. It got down to almost -18 last night. You go outside and your lungs just cease working!

Morning everyone!

Trying to fight off a cold today. I guess playing around with water outside in sub-zero temps for a few hours didn't do my immune system any good. Funny, huh?

So whats going on with you?
 
Mornin' everyone!

"We're having' a heatwave,
Tropical heatwave."

It's a very nice and seasonal 8°F outside the door, but supposed to hit a wonderful high today of 15° later on. Luckily I don't have outdoor type work to do. I do have to drive over to A hardwood shop over near Honeoye to pick up the Oak Mouldings I had made to finally finish the remodeling of the Kitchen I started back on 01 and have never quite gotten finished.

Finally caught the pesky mouse that has been leaving calling cards around the house. A few days ago my cats were sitting and staring under the refrigerator all day. Then I started finding some "tracks" in a cupboard. The final straw was a nice big mouse dropping left on the newly plastered scenery on the layout. I had been looking for some mouse traps that I had a few years back. Couldn't find them, so I bought a pair yesterday. I will reset the one that did the deed last night and make sure there aren't a few more in the house.

Have a great day!
 


evening all,,, whats this, the coffee shop relegated to page TWO,

anyway were having a LRG'ers meet up at Preston model railway show this weekend, should be some post christmas bargains, there normally is.

later folks

Good hunting Ray
 
here were going from a whoping 18 to near 50 tommorow, get out the shorts and tees!!!!!!!!!

Speaking of shorts...... This afternoon when it was all of 14°F outside, I went to the Allergy Office to get my shots, and in walks a High School kid while I am waiting. The kid has a medium weight coat on and....... Are you ready for this? Lightweight nylon shorts no socks and sneakers. We are talking knee length here. Hey ya gotta be in style ya know........
 
Hi All ! I'm sitting here with two sweatshirts on and sweatpants on with a terrible head cold and you guys talk of shorts . Oh well guess I'll get another cup of hot tea and think about that one !!
 
01-04-2008

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png


:eek:

donuts1.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

BreakfastMenu.png
waitress1.png
 
Hi Bill, what's the name of the waitress in the picture? I'm thinking of dating her out, so if you have her Number pls post it :D
 


Morning all!

Well, after a cold snap that would get Jack Frost's attention, we start to head back to the other side of the old thermometer. Mid 30's today and warming all weekend with an expected high on Monday of 60 degrees! Thats right! +60! Not -20!

Got several doctors appointments for the wife today, so I won't be around alot this afternoon. I'll check in this evening though.

Later!
 
Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 1/4/2008

Wind Chill: 32°F
Humidity: 61%
Dew Point: 27°F

So Far Today
High: 39°F
Low: 27°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 11mph SE

Today High: 58 Mostly sunny. Not as cool. Highs in the upper 50s. Southeast winds around 10 mph.

Tonight Low: 45 Mostly cloudy. Not as cool. Lows in the mid 40s. Southeast winds around 10 mph.
 
Hey Steve I got lots of pictures from the museum. I promise I'll post a photo thread tonight. Thought I was going to last night but I had to get some stuff done around the house.
 
Good Morning All ! From the Miami of the North good Old Buffalo , Ha Ha just kidding,It's 27 and just one degree from our high of the day . Can't wait for that extra degree. but people tell me it's gonna warm up . Have to make a call to my transplant doctor today . Looks like things arn't doing that well . Will have to see what is up . Phillip hope all goes well with your wife and her doctor's visits. Well gotta move on so all have a real nice day !!
 
Mornin' everyone.....

My post must be lost somewhere in cyberspace. I hit Post Quick Reply and it vanished.??????? Hmmmmmm.

Maxi, I think that waitress could be very high maintenance. How rich are you anyway?:rolleyes: ;) :D

Philip, hope your wife is mending well and gets a good report from the doctor!

Paul, sure hope that your transplant get back in working order for you. I'll keep you in my prayers.

Spent most of the morning over at school setting up mics for a special concert on Monday morning. A college group is coming to sing for and work with the students (elementary through High School) Should be fun!
 
Hi gang, it's time for a bite of lunch. Since Nick is so chipper, we will pass the check to him.:p :D
Dangest thing happened to me with a dental appointment. My card said today, yesterday one phone message to confirm said today, last night another said Monday, I called them personally this morning to double check and they said Monday. Crap, I got dressed up and no where to go. Oh well, back into jeans and under the layout.:D :D
:) Have a good one!:)
 
Good afternoon folks

It was eye opening 19 F as I headed out this morning. We will be hitting 39 F by the end of today. A warming trend is coming in for the next few days and we could hit 60 F.

No modeling last night. I had to go birthday shopping for my wife since her day is tomorrow.

On Saturday we will be going to the Philadelphia Zoo Members Open House. We will be getting a behind the scenes tour of several areas. The last time we did we visited the Zebra Stables, behind the scenes in the Reptile House and Naked Mole Rats, and the Elephant House (which is closed to the general public). We will also celebrate my wife’s birthday. (She made the reservations for the Zoo.) Sunday I have no idea what is in store. If it is warm I have a few outside things to do to the house and yard.

I would like to finish weathering the coil cars. I need to renumber one TOFC. I also have the trailers to add some details and weather along with the flatcars. I have a couple of more flat car decks to weather. I also want to look over the Farm House Area and see what details I need to add. Then there is the Bachmann EZ-Command system I want to experiment with.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 


Hiyall!

Haven't been online for a while. My daughter gave me something very sweet and beautiful for Xmas:rolleyes:. Her bad case of bronchitis! been coughing my fool head off since last Sat. and just now getting some relief with some new meds.

Rex;

Oh man, I'm so sorry about Mo! I know you and Caroline must really be tore up, especially after Rusty's illness and passing.:(:(

Jim/Rex;

My doc put me on the Chantix Dec 5th, and haven't had a smoke since Dec 12th when I started the 1mg dose. Funny thing is, I haven't wanted one either!:D:D I'm like the old saying, "Quitting smoking is the easiest thing to do! I've done it a million times!":D

This time seems to be for real though, as I haven't had the intense cravings I would get by not smoking. At times I was like both of you, 2-3 pks a day, (just ask Rex, Jim.) and if you WANT to quit, the Chantix is the easiest method I've tried. I have used patches, gums, and even tried accupuncture and none of those seemed to work. Kill the cravings and the urge is gone, and the Chantix has definitely killed the cravings.:D:D

Rex (again!);

Scott called me this afternoon about yall's get together yesterday, and successful programming of his Tsunami. I think you may have him convinced that he needs a booster.

Later, gotta go and pick up the wife from work. She's buying, (finally!) a new car and the old one is at the dealers. The "new" one is being set up, safety inspected, etc. and she may not be able to drive it off the lot until tomorrow or Mon. That leaves us with only my truck until then.
 
Last edited by a moderator:




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top