Coffee Shop Part VIII

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Mornin' Bill, Phillip, Ray, Paul and 97 -

Not snowing here in MD, just raining. But highly appropos for the news we just received: My stepmother's husband, age 83, passed away at 1:00am. He had been afflicted with Parkinson's but was managing OK for someone in his condition. Then ~2 weeks ago, he fell in a parking lot and broke his hip. Survived the surgery alright, but when he went into the "rehab" nursing home his condition deteriorated, and they needed to put in feeding tubes to keep him nourished. As of last night docs were saying he'd probably never get out of the nursing home, so it's probably for the best.

Just thought I'd share that. Hope you all get alot of "yard work" done with today's weather...;)
 
The snow here in Central Indiana has abated but it is still blowing some. I just finished plowing my drive and the widow lady across the streets. The wind is there but the snow does not seem to be blowin as bad as earlier. Actually worked up a sweat plowin on the tractor so I must have been working to hard LOL LOL
 
evening all

Ken sorry to hear your sad news, my nan went the same way, fell and broke het hip and never came out of hospital after a chest infection set in.

We had our little girls birthday party today, 19 of her friends came, good fun was had by all.
 


Hey Jeffrey, welcome back! I saw you were in over across the street (I also saw Al stopped in to say hello, or was it &*%^^$#@). I was beginning to think you didn't like us over here anymore. :eek: ;) ;) :D Glad you got your computer thing sorted out!
 
Evening, everyone, late today. Seems like a lot of things to do although I'm not sure what they all were. :)

Ken, sorry to hear the news about your stepmother's husband. Unfortunately, a broken hip is often a death sentence for an elderly person. I'm sure he's in a happier place now.

Those snow pictures make me cold just looking at them. Speaking of cold, the cold front finaly came through and, luckily, it worked out the way I hoped. All the tropical air was gone by the time the real cold front came through so we go half an inch of rain and no strong storms. It's down to 34 right now and I think it's curtains for my banana tree this year. Sure different walking down to the basement when it's 75 outside than when it's 34 and windy. I'll still take it compared to what you guys up north have to put with though.

Jeffrey, nice to see you back again. I hope you get all the computer issues straightened out. If Al was back across the street, I guess they still don't have a spam control system down very well.

Steve, happy birthday to your little one. I'm sure a party with 19 screaming ittle girls must have been a test of your nerves. Did any of them want to see your layout?

I need to tell Flo that anything that shows up on my bill she'll have to write off as bad debt unless I win the lottery. Oh, wait, Alabama doesn't have a lottery so I guess it's just money down the tubes. I promise I'll remember her in my will though. :)

Looks like things are winding down on the snow front by the looks of the radar so I hope Monday morning isn't too bad for you all. Just clear, cold, and windy here.
 
If Al was back across the street, I guess they still don't have a spam control system down very well.

I need to tell Flo that anything that shows up on my bill she'll have to write off as bad debt unless I win the lottery. Oh, wait, Alabama doesn't have a lottery so I guess it's just money down the tubes. I promise I'll remember her in my will though. :)

Al wasn't there long before he was shut down. They now have some weekend moderators that are doing a good job of making sure everything is served without Mayo...:rolleyes: ;) ;) :D

Don't worry about your bill. Flo wouldn't let me put anything on your tab so I coughed up some photos of Dead Presidents for it.
 
It sounded like, from Crandell's description, that Al made another concerted attack and it took all three of the mods several hours to get everything cleaned up. As I said when I left, If they don't get a more secure registration system, they are going to have this occur over and over again. It also sounds like the mods still don't have the power to temporarily disable an account, another suggestion I made. I guess my suggestions were promptly deposited in the round file.

As for my tab, you can run it up all you want. Flo's just not going to get paid. :)
 
12-17-2007

Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png


:eek:

donuts1.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png

BreakfastMenu.png
 


Good morning coffee clubbers,

Looks like I'll be dressing 'arctic' style today with this wind! The NWS predicts it will calm down by late afternoon, so hopefully we won't lose power between now and then.

Thanks Steve and Jim for the sympathetic words regarding my stepmom's late husband Jack. You're right, broken hips DO kill the elderly, albeit indirectly. My wife's grandfather was 93 and in excellent health, very active for a person his age. Then he broke his hip, and died for the same reasons Steve's grandmother did: being cooped-up in a hospital! If that can happen to a 'healthy' man, I figured Jack never had a chance since he also had advanced-stage Parkinson's.
 
well it happended! it is 39 degrees this morning in the Tampa Bay Area!
I love it! it now feels like Christmas season!
 
Good morning Flo and Gents!!
We got wallopped here yesterday with the snow but I was able to dig my way out with a friends snow blower. :D
Flo, I'd like the good stuff breakfast with coffee, toast and jelly please.

Ken L, stay strong and keep moving forward.
Jeffery, glad to see you back!! I know Paul and myself have missed your pictures being posted.
Alcomotive, I'm glad it feels like christmas for ya!
Have a great day all!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning Bill , Ken L , Alco & Old97, Well we finally are over our snow warning . The weatherman tell me we go 10" of the white stuff. Won't know till I go out and blow the rest of it. My neighbor blew us out yeterday morning and then I did it last night again .So will have to see. Ken sorry to hear about your loss. My wife's grandmother lived to be 104 years old . Would have lived longer but she fell and broke her hip.She lasted another yaer or so bedridden because they would not do surgery on her at that age. Well another quick cup of coffee and it's out the door for some more fun in the snow Flo. Have a great day all !!!
 
Good morning folks

We had a windy overnight and morning. I found a lot of branches and leaves in the yard on my way out. The temperature was 30 F and with the 40 MPH gusts it felt like it was in the teens. We are under a Wind Advisory until this afternoon and our high should be 38 F. The big storm over the weekend kind of fizzled. We got a little bit of freezing rain but it quickly changed over to rain but not in the heavy rain predicated.

The Christmas decorations were still in place and upright when I left. They were, however, covered in leaves. We did the leaves on Friday in anticipation of the big storm and filled five trash bags. I would say we’ll fill the same number of bags when we rake them again.

We did the usual bi-weekly grocery store adventure which actually wasn’t bad. I think everyone was at the mall. We also did our family Christmas photos and a little Christmas shopping.

I did not make it to Greenberg’s Train Show like I had hoped. I did finish painting the railings on the coil cars. I started sealing the hoods but I ran out of Dullcoat halfway through. I still have to weather the coil cars and hoods. I also began working on all of my trailer on flatcars. I have 5 Athearn blue box kits which are assembled to weather. On one of them I had to repair the coupler box. On another I have to change the car number. I have a TOFC with same number already weathered. I also have two Athearn RTR cars to weather. Nothing got done on the layout.

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Good morning boys ! I've heard this place has the best coffee in town. Thought I'd try it. Oh by the way. My cousin Claudia is looking for work. She's a ban-up waitress ! Had to leave her last job...something to do with her and the grill man.....but anyway here she is at her last job.

Larry the foundry guy
 
Hi guys,

Well the move is half done. I showed you the picture of my train room. I just have to get the stuff from that room into working shape.

One snag I've run into--I've got my office now hooked to the net via my home net and I'm writing you all from there--but I haven't been able to get the two networks merged. Right now the the key issue is that my mailing list is on my Novell server and my Internet access is on my home router.

I was hoping one of you guys might know how to join my two routers. I'd appreciate a PM.
 
Morning all!

Yeah, it's still morning, but not by much. I knew today would be crazy with all of the weather we had this last weekend. Sometimes I just hate the phone business!

Well, the wife goes in for her surgery tomorrow. They tell me it won't be a big deal, but I'll baby her to death anyways.

Oh well, back to work!
 
Morning everyone! We don't have the white stuff like you Northern fellows, but how about a low of 23 last night....but 53 high for today:D .

KenL, I am very sorry for your loss. This is a terrible time of the year to lose a loved one. Carolyn works in the rehab part of a nursing home and several of her senior patients are recovering from hip injuries/surgeries. With many, it is touch and go for the first week or so, but while many do make it fine, it is a struggle for all.

Phillip, the best to your wife.

Larry (B&S), I don't know if Flo wants that type of competition, WOW!

Jeffery, nice to see you back in the saddle;) .

Alco, my wife and I spent two Christmas in Bangkok. We used to decorate all around the walls on the inside with lights and turn the Air Conditioner full COLD just for the effects. The maid thought we were nuts!:D :D
 


Well this is my last week of work...come Friday I will be off until Jan 8th. We are heading up to my cabin in Banner Elk, NC. I will be bringing a few kits to work on! I will also be visiting a LHS up there too.

Cant wait to see some white stuff on the ground. My "Beast" is ready for some fun in the powder. (Avalanche Z71)

Anyhow hope everyone has a SAFE and Happy Christmas and New Year with their family and friends. I may try to pop in this o'l coffee shop time to time.

Remember our boys and girls over there at war that are serving this great country of ours wether it is right or wrong they are doing a duty to serve us and protect us and bring continued PEACE at home and around the world. I really wish for Peace for all.

Alco out!
 




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top