Afternoon all. I'm with Rex on letting all you Northerners hang on to that snow, sleet, freezing rain and ice. It's 73 degrees here right now, a perfect fall day on December 1, just the way I like it.
Tom, I saw the film of that Amtrak wreck too and I'm not surprised that the media reported it crashed into a a "boxcar" I think they know about tow kinds of things on a railroad - a passenger car and a boxcar. It's all generic. I learned from being interviewed too many times on crimes scenes not give the press too many details - it just confuses them.
Mark, those snow pictures are absolutely horrible. Not the pictures themselves but remembering opening the garage door to just that kind of scene. The only difference was I was a teenager and I was the snow blower - with a shovel.
Ryan, I hope your flight makes it out OK and you get some sun and warmth on that cruise.
Ray, I'm good at screwing up the last piece of some project and then having to make the trek to buy more. I've gotten to the point where I buy twice as much of what I think I'll need just to cover my screw up factor.
Prattville High School won the finals last night and got to Birmingham next Saturday for the state championship for the second year. Not bad for a small town like ours. There were 15,000 people at the stadium and there probably would have been more but no one else could get in. Prattville will be a ghost town next Saturday since it sounds like about 90% of the town is going to the championship. At least it's at Legion field, which has something like 73,000 seats, so everyone should be able to get in this time.
Finished my cotton field after I got home and gave it a trial fit on the layout. It looks pretty good for having been done by a Yankee who's never seen a cotton field before last year. I need a tractor now and some field hands. I can't imagine how they work those fields in the heat we have down here in the summer.