Coffee Shop Part VII is now OPEN

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
William;

My apologies. I thought your transfers were from Gary Wright as well. Since Jim King and Gary often share a table at train shows,(the ones they attend that is), its easy to confuse who makes what regarding those two. Jim originally offered the SRR wooden caboose as one of his kits. They are now offered by Funaro and Camerlengo. I had thought that F&C had "bought" the molds from Jim, but found out from F&C theirselves that they did all the mold work for the caboose and after 6 months, the molds reverted back to them.
My first F&C kit was the SRR caboose I bought from them at the 1988 NMRA convention here in B'ham.

Ray;

Not worried about eating elephants! (One bite at a time!:D) Been doing that since 1988. I still have to build over 15 resin kits (if not more, can't remember complete inventory), from Westerfield, F&C, and trying to see if I can get (cheaply) a Sunshine kit!:D I built my first Westerfield in 1991, and have completely finished several more, and have another several that just need painting and decals. This is over and above the 15 or so still waiting. One of the first I built is below.

Update on Roy's SRR caboose, (one of the ones he gave me), yesterday while working on the endrailings, a tool slipped and severely damaged the end I had just built. Had to take the time to repair the damage, so haven't finished the other end yet.:(
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Happy Birthday Paul!​

Big day in T-town with #3 LSU here. I've been watching private aircraft coming in all morning...hundreds. They expect a record 150,000+ people coming for all the activities and figure at least 35,000 of these will tailgate outside the stadium of 92,300+, and the rest at homes/parties.
Game time at 4:00 p.m., CST, on TV. Hopefully, it will be a bruiser! (wish I owned a hotel/restaurant;) )

ROLL TIDE!

EDIT: I meant to add that the jets are landing every 60-90 seconds apart. They have been doing this for hours and include several of those big Gulfstream G550's and some even look larger. Now I know why so many of us can't make any money...there is none in circulation, these people have it in their mattresses. Hahaha! Also, there are suppose to be some fly-bys at half time by the U.S. Navy and Air Force.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Afternoon, everyone. Another beautiful day here in Dixie with sunny skies and and 82 degrees.

Phillip, that's great that your son got some playing time. I remember a lot of time bench warming so it was nice to be able to get in the game occasionally. I find that I tend to sleep less as I get older too although it's easier to sleep more no that I'm retired.

Paul. Happy Birthday, you young whippersnapper! :) I get to apply for social security in a little more than three months. That's starting to get old. I never thought I'd actually live to see the day that I'd collect SS, assuming I make it another 3 months and the government doesn't go broke by then.

William, those Southern transfer cabooses are real beauties. I think they've got the most ladders and grab irons I've ever seen on a transfer caboose. I've seen the Wright Trax caboose built up in both the original and modernized versions and they look great too. It's just that jumble of parts in the box that's a little intimidating. :) I'll get to it one of these rainy weeks, assuming we ever have any of those again down here.

Ryan, I hope you get that signal maintainer position you want.

Ray, let us know how the train show went. I sure wish that's what I was doing today. :(

Ken, this piece of plastic is completely flat with four holes in the ends. It almost looks like a cover plate for something but I'll be darned if I've seen anything like this on a GP-7. There are some extra parts like MU stands but they are all types that would have been seen on a UP GP-7 depending on the era. There's a very nice set of winterization windows, which this unit never had, but would look nice if it did. OTOH, this unit had a plow pilot. Guess what's not included in the details...? Grrr...:) Oh, well, I just have to get the amber beacon and radio antenna on and I'm done. It does run great and the sound is the best I've ever heard. It's actually a big problem having sound on a locomotive because you go down to do one thing and, by the time you're done blowing the horn, ringing the bell, setting the Doppler effect on and off, etc., etc., you've blown an hour and don't even realize it. :)
 


Rex, Highway 82 going to T-Town through Prattville was like rush hour. I'm sure there will be a mob. I've seen a of of Citations and Lear Jets headed north today too. I really hate trying to get out on 82 after the game and the fans have had an hour or two to get back here. If the Tide wins, they are happy and drunk. If the Tide lost, they are mad and drunk.:eek: I guess I'd rather have them happy and drunk but it looks like LSU so far. It should be a good game but I sure wish the state troopers would do some more traffic enforcement on game days down here. Oh, BTW, Prattville High School's football team is ranked #4 in the nation! Not bad fora podunk town. :)
 
UP2CSX I really dont want it but i really need a change in life starting with a steady paycheck. i've been self employed for almost 10 years now. its gonna be a tough change i know. I really want the conductor posistion. but i'd have to put in a few years untill i reached seniority stats for full time as in they put you on the flex crew and your at there beckon call 24/7 so you really cant work any where else, but at the same time they wont garruntee you 40 hours, ect.... and i'm not sure about the union thing. (PLEASE all the union people here get bent about my comment here, its MY personal opinion that i rarely express) anyway, they are coming tommorow to install my heat pump and duct work so maybe next weekend i can start framing the basement out....fingers crossed
 
Hey Jim, I'm sending them back to'ya...mad and drunk!:eek: :D :D

Ah heck, Bama did well and just didn't have what it takes to beat a champion team like LSU, 41-34. Don't get me wrong, I'm like most in the Southeast and can't stand LSU or their bad sport fans, but they are a powerful team that could easily handle Ohio State. Hope they get the chance.

Yeah, PHS has done very well and should be proud.
 
Hey Rex,
I thought I might find you in here. Tough, tough loss. I was really pulling for your Tide tonight. Like you said above, LSU is a hard team to like and a harder team to beat. And as you know, I have felt their sting this season!

I really thought Bama had it in the bag late in the fourth, but "Lucky Les" strikes again...

We finally made the trip to Carolina last weekend. I'll drop you an email and give you the details. Later, Dave
 
Yep, I know, Rex, I'm planning not to be anywhere near Highway 82 from now until midnight. :) Alabama did good and looked a lot more evenly matched with LSU than I thought they would. That fumble by Wilson was the killer, after I thought LSU blew it with that crazy line shift. I understand there were 40,000 LSU fans at the game. I'm glad I'm not a police officer up there tonight!

OldTrail, I was lucky enough to be self employed the last 12 years of my working life and I know what you mean about going back to work for someone else. I hope it works out for you and that you are able to deal with the union issues.
 
Would you guys believe it is 43 deg now at midnight with an expected low of 37 later on. Brrrrrr! ...and we are going camping this coming week with lows in the upper 30's every night. Should be fun if the Rangers will let us have a campfire in the firepit (drought).

Hi Dave, I'll look forward to your email. The game was a tough break, as a few others, but Bama and Sabin are doing pretty darn good when you consider everything. Who would have guessed Florida's demise this year:eek: .

Jim, I would sure hate to make a trip by car to New Orleans right now:eek: . Oh yeah, those planes that were coming in today...well,they have been leaving since 8:30 and still going strong. We live about a mile to the side of the approach and the noise isn't all that bad during landing. The take off has been just the opposite direction. When they lift off the runway, most cut to the left right over the house. RRRRRRRRoar! Going to be a long night.

Don't forget to turnback your clocks tonight!:)
 


Well, I just got home from a party. Now I don't normally do parties, but my wife was invited to the party of a semi famous artist. Since she is an almost semi-famous artist, she decide to make an appearance. Well, we didn't know it was a costume party. I didn't actually wear a suit cause I I didn't wear a tie.

It could have been worse. We could have come in costume to a black tie affair.
 
Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 11/4/2007

Wind Chill: 51°F
Humidity: 90%
Dew Point: 48°F

So Far Today
High: 54°F
Low: 51°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 0mph NNE

Today High: 82 Mostly sunny. Patchy fog in the morning. Highs in the lower 80s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 55 Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 50s. Light and variable winds.
 
Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png


11-04-07

:eek:

donuts1.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
 
Mornin All ! Phew made another birthday and now I'm in starting my 57 + year . And to think the doctor's had me dead two times on the operating table back in 91. Just goes to tell you how the Lord takes care of us. You guys talk about Bama and LSU well Our local college here Buffalo got beaten by Miami of Ohio yesterday . If they would have won they had a chance for a bowl . But that's the way it goes. Well gotta get ready for the kids to come over so you all have a nice day !!!!
 
Mornin' Jeffrey!

Mornin' Bill!

Great day for trains yesterday. First the ride on the Finger Lakes Scenic Railway to Camilus. Then the layover at the Syracuse Train Show, and then the ride back to Geneva on board the Finger Lakes Scenic Railway again. I didn't take a whole lot of photos at the show but got a couple hundred of the excursion. Very friendly people and atmosphere. We rode right behind the loco on the way home and they let us go out into the vestibule to take photos. I will share a bunch after Church today.

I managed to get a Digitrax UT4 Radio throttle at the show and a couple packs of people that can be used on the layout. Got the Throttle from the same guy I would have bought it from anyway (Empire Northern) and saved myself a trip to Rochester or shipping to in the process. Not a bad price either, $98.
 
Mornin' all!

So is everyone well rested with their extra hour of sleep?

So here's how today is shaping up around here.

Sunday - 4 Nov 2007
wx_66.png

Partly Cloudy 60°

A mix of clouds and sun this morning with more sunshine this afternoon. High around 60F. Winds WSW at 10 to 20 mph. Sunday night: A few passing clouds. Low 43F. Winds SW at 10 to 20 mph.
Sunrise: 7:17 am
Sunset: 5:40 pm

I hope the folks in the Northeast are doing OK. Some 100,000 customers of Nova Scotia Power (EMA.TO: Quote, Profile , Research) are still without power on Sunday after high winds from remnants of Hurricane Noel cut electricity to 150,000 in the Canada province. It also knocked out power to some 25,000 customers in New England as it moved up the U.S. coast. That was a, as they would say in Maine, wicked good Noreaster.

Around here things are pretty quiet. Just hoping to get some layout time today.

Happy Belated Paul!

So what's your deal today? What do you have going on?
 
Hey Rex,
I thought I might find you in here. Tough, tough loss. I was really pulling for your Tide tonight. Like you said above, LSU is a hard team to like and a harder team to beat. And as you know, I have felt their sting this season!

I really thought Bama had it in the bag late in the fourth, but "Lucky Les" strikes again...

We finally made the trip to Carolina last weekend. I'll drop you an email and give you the details. Later, Dave

Dave;

You are correct sir, they are a hard team to like!:mad: But, there are two times a year when I really cheer for them.

The first is the Auburn game.

The second is when they play.......




































Florida!

Sorry, I had to do it!:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I did see the game between the 'Noles and BC! That was another real good one!


 
Hello everyone! Just came in for some lunch...what's the special today?

Things are getting back to normal here in T-town. It's amazing how so many people can leave so fast and orderly, yet if it were an emergency, they would be piled up bumper to bumper for days.:D

We made it down to 35F.deg last night, but going up to 75 today and 80 tomorrow. After that, a big cool down with temps at night getting low in the 30's. Should have some good camping weather. We will leave out Tuesday for 3, maybe 4 nights. The camper has heat and our sleeping bags are rated at 23 degs, so we should be snug as a bug.:) Great campfire weather (if they don't post a fire watch).

Thanks for the lunch.
 
afternoon, gone and done it again,,, bought another loco with DCC, also got a few tank cars, and decoders and stuff.
 


Ray, glad to hear you got a break from your sound business and scouting support activities to spend a day doing train-related stuff!

Steve, E-Z does it! :eek: Probably need to let that checkbook 'cool down' for a few weeks...:D

No mrr [or football] for me this weekend. Spent the whole day Saturday doing Dads Taxi Service: 2 of my kids had soccer games, my eldest daughter (home visiting from college) needed her cell phone repaired, and my 15yr-old son needed transportation to- and from a mixer at his school. Also, dinner at the In-Laws'. My time was definitely not 'my own'!

I'm still going light on the mrr today, will just take it easy and catch a movie later this evening.

Have a great day everyone
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top