ModelRailroadForums.com is a free
Model Railroad Discussion Forum and
photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
- Status
-
Not open for further replies.
I'm on a roll Ken, selling to buy is the name of the game, just sold some test pilot notes from a first of it's kind 60's jet fighter, (got about $50USD) the prototype Blackburn Buccaneer number XN974 carrier aircraft from the Royal Navy, had them years but only just found out that they were from a pre production test flight, should pay for more train stuff, gotta get it while i can, the stuff i want is very expensive in NZ
Good Morning from Tipton IN !
11-05-07
Good morning.
Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 11/5/2007
Wind Chill: 60°F
Humidity: 97%
Dew Point: 59°F
So Far Today
High: 61°F
Low: 57°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 0mph NNE
Important Message
Dense fog advisory in effect until 9 AM cst this morning.
Now through 07:30 AM CST November 05, 2007
Areas of fog this morning will lower visibility at times to less than 1/4 mile in some locations with most areas experiencing from 1 to 3 miles visibility. This fog will hold on through sunrise before burning off around 9 AM inland to 10 AM along the coast.
Today High: 85 Mostly sunny. Patchy dense fog in the morning. Highs in the mid 80s. South winds around 10 mph.
Tonight Low: 55 Increasing clouds. Isolated rain showers. Patchy dense fog through the night. Lows in the mid 50s. South winds around 10 mph shifting to the west after midnight. Chance of showers 20 percent.
It is a little on the breezy side this morning here in the Heartland. The temp does feel warmer than yesterday afternoon when the wind was like a knife and cut right thru ya. Went to the west side if INDY yesterday and visited with my granddaughter and her parents. She is growing up to darned fast. Weathermen are saying a possibility of SNOW tomorrow. NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I hates SNOW. I sure do hope they are wrong. I need to get out to the shed and finish the wood replacement and weather seal on the ramp door
Mornin' all!
Hey, did you know that the weather guesser around here is talking about SNOW tomorrow! Oh yeah, you did. Larry let the cat outta the bag! So anyways, what's up with that?
Good morning folks
It was a little chilly as I headed out the door this morning. The temperature read 39 F on the van thermometer. Our high will be 60 F. I have a short day in the office today because tonight I get to be main course at a public thrashing aka public information session on one of the projects that has recently started. We designed it and coordinated it with the local business people so all the road closures would be over the winter. The business community wanted it that way since they said that the summer was their high tourist season. Now they are saying we can’t close the road because winter is also their high tourist season. It is kind of hard to construct retaining walls holding up the road without closing it. By the tone of a newspaper article I read on Friday I fully expect the locals to be waiting for us with pitchforks and torches. Yeap, this is going to a fun one.
We did the usually shopping excursions. We even got a few Christmas gifts that were on sale. The kids took us through the toy departments of several stores to show us what is hot for them.
I had a great modeling weekend. I finished weathering an Accurail Lehigh Valley 50’ Exterior Post Boxcar, an Accurail Penn Central 40’ Boxcar, a Bev-Bel/Athearn Seaboard Family Lines 50’ Double Door Boxcar, an Athearn RTR N&W 50’ Boxcar, two Atlas Trainman Ashley Drew & Northern 50’-6” ACF Boxcars, an Atlas Chessie System 60’ Auto Parts Boxcar, and an Atlas Western Maryland 60’ Double Door Auto Parts Boxcar. I even weathered two Reading Bethlehem Car Works Coaches, and a Reading Combine. I still have to seal them. I also began installing grab irons on a Walthers Reading Coil Car. Everything was going good until I discovered a damaged handrail on my LNE Atlas U23B. I had to fix that after a photo session.
I hope everybody has a good day.
Mornin' Bill!
Mornin' Jeffrey!
Mornin' Larry! SNOW!!!!!! COOL!!!!!!! I love the stuff! A lot of snow meant that I usually had the day off. Unfortunately that usually happened the week of my Holiday Concerts and I lost rehearsal time the I just had to have to get the kids ready for the performance.
Mornin' Tom! Good luck at the screaming session this evening. maybe you guys should just let the road go until it collapses on to some poor smuck resulting in a death or two. Then you would get to be blamed because you didn't close the road and do the repairs. Hmmmmmmm.
Good Morning All ! First a Thank You for all the birthday wishes . Spent the day with my family and enjoyed the Bills win yesterday . Tomm looks like you have your work cut out for you tonight. Steve that was a nice profit there . ray train excursions are fun wish I could have gone . Have you ever been to the Arcade & Attica ? Yes snow is in the forecast and we have a Lake that is a snow machine of it's own . Once that cold air goes across it look out . And I have to run to Rochester Weds. Morning to meet with my transplant doctors just hope our Thruway stays clear . Well enough long wind have a nonderful day all !!!
Good morning folks. We have 30mph winds here today, followed by a cold front with high's in the low forties tomorrow. Winter is coming! I spent the weekend organizing my mothers garage. Some spoils of the adventure were two florescent fixtures. I can now get a decent amount of light in my dungeon train room! Now all I have to do is cover up the picnic table cloth looking wall coverings. This is a remnant of the previous owners craft room. What would possess a person to cover basement walls with fabric is beyond me. I hope everyone has a good week.
Morning coffee clubbers,
It's a bit chilly here in the Mid 'Lantic region too, but now at least I can go outside in shirtsleeves. You Hoosier guys can keep your snow, I've hated it since I became old enough to have to drive in it!
Didn't accomplish any modeling this weekend for various reasons, maybe one of these days...
Steve I forgot you're an accomplished eBay seller! Definitely makes a difference in spending ability
Corey, good luck with your new train space. At least you can cover the wall fabric. My trainroom walls are covered with storage shelves, that prevented me from having an around-the-walls layout like I would have preferred.
I never look forward to the first big snowfall. I looks nice, but all of the idiots who forgot how to drive in it should stay home.
Ken, I have two walls that aren't covered, but you hardly ever see them because I have to crawl under the layout to shoot them. The red walls , coupled with bad lighting make for very poor photos. I have storage shelves as well. It's not the ideal room, but I'm no giving up the pool table and pinball machine in the main room!
Grandson of an ALCO Builder
Hi all...I'm back to work from a weekend of partying....had my Bday 11-2-07 on friday and well it was a good weekend!
Hi everyone! Hope all survived the weekend. Today is pack-up day for our camping trip tomorrow. I don't know why, but packing up to go is easier than packing for the return. It always seems like we have more to come back when we actually have less

. Lots of difference in loading up over a day vs. an hour or so.
Darn Alco, sorry your birthday got missed. There used to be something or someone that always posted birthdays. Anyhow,
Happy Birthday!
Hey Rex!;
Are you and Caroline gonna be able to have a campfire?
Hi CJ! I just got back from the U.S. Ranger Station getting my Old man pass for the U.S. National Parks and Campgrounds. I asked about the fire watch and was told that the state was under drought warning for fires, but not a red flag warning or watch. Campfires in the fire rings were still ok, but the charcoal grills were not. All other open burning requires a permit.
I called the gatekeeper and she said the tree foliage was absolutely beautiful looking across the river. We will be underway in the morning for 3-4 nights.

Ray, timid [snow] drivers merely annoy me; the ones that really scare me are the cocky 4x4 drivers who think they know how to drive in snow, and speed like bats from the Netherworld - forgetting that 4-wheelers can't stop any quicker than a conventional 2-wheeler!
Rex, have fun! Are there any dangerous critters in the woods where you'll be camping?
Ray, the ones that really scare me are the cocky 4x4 drivers who think they know how to drive in snow, and speed like bats from the Netherworld - forgetting that 4-wheelers can't stop any quicker than a conventional 2-wheeler!
Those would be the ones!
Rex, have a great camping trip!
- Status
-
Not open for further replies.
Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website
(Learn More Here)