Coffee Shop Part VII is now OPEN

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning.

Not much happening here today. Upgraded my cable to digital yesterday. After fighting with the cable companies pos remote for the better part of two hours I went to Wal-Mart and got a new remote and programmed it to control the the cable box, TV and vcr. I'll take the cable companies remote back to them today.
Had not thought about that, thanks Jeffrey! My stupid cable remote, does not show up on my cable companies website (went there looking for info on programming).
 
Rex
Most calls can wait as they did for my 50 years before buying one. Oh yeah, I can walk without holding my hand on my ear, drive my car sitting straight up or crossing the yellow line, and seldom have to rudely interupt a conversation with real person
:D Well said Rex, well said.

Stupid things, should only be carried for emergencies, you see people with them welded to there ears, how did the cavemen survive as long as they did, they didn't have em, imagine if they did, LOL,,, UG ug ug ug wot u up to, err nowt, nothing invented yet :p
 


Howdy, folks, I've been away from the coffee shop catching up on some other work. Unfortunately, the hurricane is racing north to give Nova Scotia a pounding. We in the south are getting nothing, as usual. :(

I hated pagers. I had to carry one at all times since I was the search and rescue coordinator for our county sheriff's department. The worst one was the Motorola Minitor that had only voice and went off with a loud tone before the dispatcher came on with the message. My wife nearly killed me over that one. Then we got numeric pagers, then alphanumeric pagers, then Blackberry's. Then they could page me, text message me, e-mail, or call me, all from one thing on my belt. I was never so happy as the day I retired and turned that thing in. Now all I have is a cell phone that only my family has the number for. I go days without anyone but my wife or brother calling me. It's great. :)

Carey, I've got a a Wright Trax Southern caboose sitting in a box on the work bench. I keep opening the box, looking at it, and deciding today is not the day. That kit looks more complicated than the space shuttle.

I've been working on finishing up my P2K UP GP-7. There has been a lot more detail moving and adding than I thought there would be, including moving the horns to the right location and modifying the handrails and handbrake locations to match the UP. The details like the grab irons and trucks weren't painted correctly either, not to mention that the bag of detail parts you have to install came with zero instructions about what goes where. At least I've built a lot of UP engines so I know what most of the parts are but there a few that make no sense at all, including a small square of white plastic with four holes in the corners. I can't understand how Walthers can sell a $235 MSRP engine and include no instructions about how to add the detail parts. I called Walthers and they confirmed that there is no instruction sheet because "they didn't think it was needed"! Forget Rod Stewart. We'll never get more people in the hobby if we don't include instruction sheets to help modelers make their engines look more like the ones on Rod's layout.
 
GEE I wish I was retired :p would spend more time on the RR or maybe build a bigger one :p. Well if this damn back inflamation keeps on persisting I will be doing nothing when I retire, but sit in a wheelchair :S I've been in here for the last 2 days, not doing much but laying down on the sofa, watching TV with icepacks on my back :(
 
GEE I wish I was retired :p would spend more time on the RR or maybe build a bigger one :p. Well if this damn back inflamation keeps on persisting I will be doing nothing when I retire, but sit in a wheelchair :S I've been in here for the last 2 days, not doing much but laying down on the sofa, watching TV with icepacks on my back :(

Be careful what you ask for in life...
You just may get it!!!

I've just been "forced" to retire due to health problems. So now I have TONS (that's tonnes for the folks across the pond) of spare time but NO EXTRA money.
When I worked I had cash in my pockets but no spare time to do anything, Now I have Time but living on SSID, there isn't spare cash after all the bills are paid.
ARRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Scoot
 
...

Carey, I've got a a Wright Trax Southern caboose sitting in a box on the work bench. I keep opening the box, looking at it, and deciding today is not the day. That kit looks more complicated than the space shuttle...

Jim;

One of our own forumites has built several of those cabooses, L&N Castle and he has done a good job. I looked at them, but they are just too expensive for me. Here are some of Gary's transfer cabooses he sells as well
 
Guess what!

My son got game time! Thats right, he got court time in the game! He caused a turnover that got his team the ball too!

He's psyched!

(So am I.....can ya tell?)

He was good, and he didn't let those guys run him over either!

He got game!

He got Game!

HE GOT GAME!!!!
 
evening everyone.... kinda slow here lately... I think I'm going to apply at Norfolk Southern again for there signal maintainer position. gettin tired of working for myself. well thats my p & m for the day... ryan
 


Philip that is wonderful. I feel your pride. Bet your son is still grinning!:cool:

CJ, just remember how to eat an elephant! You have to do it one bite at a time. One of these days I will share my Boy Scout recipe for Elephant Stew.....;) ;) :D

I have to shut the computer off and get to bed. Tomorrow will be a long day. Going to the Syracuse Train Show riding the Finger Lakes Railway from Geneva to the show and back. I'll see you all tomorrow night.
 
Evening Gang. Hey Jim(UP2CSX),the pictures that CJ Cresent,posted were of my Southern Transfer Cabooses. Of the three I have,one of them won me an award at the 2004 SER Convention,here in B'ham. Any way,I have two Wrighttrak Southern Cabooses,one is the as built,the other is,the rebuilt version.Here is a photo of the rebuilt version with one of Southern Geeps. William.
 
Jim, when I got the two Wrighttrak cabooses,I had them built for me,as part of trade,for some Seaboard Airline Railroad models I had. I also,have two L&N Cabooses,one red,one gray. Somewhere,around my room,I have a set of instructions on how to put one together,but where they are at this moment,I don't know. The Southern transfer cabooses were made by Smokey Mountain Modelworks, www.smokymountainmodelworks.com, I think is the right website. Jim King,brought those cars out back in "03", and they built into some really neat cars.William.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png


11-03-07

:eek:

donuts1.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
 
Mornin all!

Don't ya just hate it when you have the chance to sleep in, but you can't because you normally get up at a certain time, so thats when your body just wakes up? I could be fast asleep right now.....a chance I rarely get......but NOOOOOOOOOOO, my body says it's slept late already, and it's time to get up! (stupid body!)

So, now I'm sitting here contemplating coffee. What about you?
 
Good Morning All ! A bit cool outside this morning about 34 when i woke up. Rex your rright about those phones ,don't own one and never will . I'm retired . been that way since 1988 due to poor health and not in a hurry to get anywhere. L&'N some mighty fine work sorry but I have a hard time trying to get the handrails on those dam Atherns. Phillpi a proud moment for you . Well off to the Farmer's market and then contemplate what it will feel like to be 57 tomorrow ! have a great day all !!!
 
Happy Saturday morning yall!

Phillip - great news about your son, I love hearing "underdog victory" stories!

Jim - I think LifeLike (and now Walthers) P2K locos often have parts from another P2K model included, it's cheaper for the manufacturer to cast as many detail pieces as possible on the same sprue. I wonder if that white box-shaped thing is supposed to be an air conditioner...?

Max - hope your back heals up soon...

Paul - lemme be the first to say it, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Ray - have fun at that train show!

I made a two-hour trip up to Newark, DE last night to visit the layout of a well-known CSX modeler, Bruce Friedman. All I can say is WOW :eek: - that's way beyond anything I'll ever have! But I did have a very nice chat with Bruce, and he convinced me to stay on my current modeling path and get on the open-house circuit (that means cleaning mountains of dust off my layout, OMG!) Most of all it was reassuring to meet other modelers, some of them even older than myself, who also model CSX.

Well I gotta go get my daughter's cell phone repaired (or replaced? $$$), C-U-later!
 


Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 11/3/2007

Wind Chill: 58°F
Humidity: 80
Dew Point: 52°F

So Far Today
High: 62°F
Low: 58°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 5mph ENE

Today High: 78 Partly cloudy. Highs in the upper 70s. Light and variable winds.

Tonight Low: 48 Partly cloudy in the evening then clearing. Lows in the upper 40s. Light and variable winds.

Have a nice day.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top