ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.
Man is it ever wet around here, but am I complaining? NO WAY Jose`! This is exactly the type of continuous, soaking precipitation a drought-stricken area needs to begin recovering. Let it rain, let it rain...
Philip - you oughta be mighty proud of your son (and I'm sure you are), he can be a real inspiration to others with his kind of disibilities!
Nick, how about you let us all feast on the leftovers...?
Steve - that's great to see a brand-new steamer come into existence, I'd like to see them do something similar on this side of the pond - but I'm not holding my breath...
The omittance of skill level was acceptable providing the player gave 100% effort and came to every practice possible. However, when you have those that only show for the game or have an attitude that "I'm going to play and don't even have to try.", it is wrong for the other members of the team that have done all that can be expected of them, to sit on the bench while you play those that have selfishly chose to act alone.
Agreed! But All those who have done the work, worked as a team, and really want to do well I believe should be playing. I have benched many kids for attitude problems both on the field and in my choruses at school (talk about ticked off parents to deal with...). Unfortunately, I have seen a few coaches who played kids based on having the "right" last name or being a "better" athlete and made the team more likely to win because you "have to win at any cost!". Luckily they seem to be a small minority
In the ongoing saga of the medical adventures......they can't do the surgery on my wife until she gets off of some of her meds. They say she has to be off of some of them for two weeks (should prove to be an interesting two weeks!), so the new date is 11/13/07 for the surgery. Oh well, it gives us more time to get things ready, huh?
I always thought it was funny how the coach's kid always made the traveling baseball team when I was younger. I few friends of mine and myself were cut at the end of tryouts one summer. I remember being told that I didn't have a good enough arm or something. I could hit home from the wall in center field! I may have had a shortcoming or two, but a good enough arm was not one of them. After that, I stopped caring about baseball. I eventually took up tennis instead. In that game, you either win or you go home. You don't have to rely on anyone else, or their opinion if you are good enough or not.
Sorry for the rant, I used to be very involved in sports as a kid. Some of the politics left a bad taste in my mouth.
Yes indeed, you guys have hit it on the nose. A problem I had when coaching was that I benched a young fellow for not showing for practice. His parents complained and I was told there was no exception to the 3 inning rule, all will play 3 innings no matter the circumstance. On the flip side, I had a pitcher that was very good, but he got real smart mouthy and showing off during a game. His father, that was there and a former minor league player, jumped on me for not pulling him out of the game . Can't win!
Corey, your experience is exactly why it is so important for a coach to handle all boys/girls with sensitivity and fairness. What the coaches do now will stick with the child for their entire life. I don't know what the answer is to interfering parents, but it has become a major problem, as we have seen on the news.
GEE today was a very hot day, and tonight there's alot of FOG, 50 mts visibility. Here are two shots I took, one is fast speed and the other slow speed, U can see the difference
Both were taken at same time, at around 23:45. The white spots U see in the top picture is mist, the tiny drops of water frozen in the high speed shot.
Hey guys I have a favor. I've been working on my website all week and I need input from people who don't have a clue what I do. Can some of you log onto my website and look around and see what you think. What would you like to know that you don't, etc. What is too hard to find? What is your overall impression? I guess I should put the website. ChipEFT.com
Good Morning Steve & Bill from wind blown and rainy Buffalo !!!! Oh well that's life here on the Niagara Frontier . have to take the wife to work and then head off to the supermarket to get some banking done. And then get home and get ready for some college football. What a way to spend and a Saturday . Take care all and have a nice day !!!!!
Chip, I made a visit to your EFT site, check your PM box for details
Paul, I think you and Ray are being hit with the same weather system that was in [and is just now leaving] Maryland - hope you got some waterproof footware handy! I've given up on pro football for this season, I'll come back when the Ravens hire a head coach who's not "strategy challenged"
Steve - what exactly is the LRG? Inquiring minds wanna know...
Happy Saturday everyone! Steve, would LRG's be the ARG's brother group, Lancashire Rail Gang ?
On my way over to a friends to help him make some trees. I have about 200 to make of my own, but thought I would get him started on his project. It is a beautiful day here in T-town and peaceful not having a ballgame this weekend. Hope all of you can enjoy your day and have a little fun.
REX you got it,,, spot on, went to John teals in Oldham, ran a few trains etc, had a very good morning. John pointed me to his local model shop were we picked up some bargains, spot on.