Coffee Shop Part VII is now OPEN

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
Afternoon, everyone. I didn't get up early enough for donuts today. :) Beautiful weather down here in Dixieland with a high of about 78 and sunny skies.

Phillip, it sounds like she must be on some kind of blood thinning medication so it's prudent to make sure that's cleared her system before surgery. It sounds like this is the kind of thing they should have caught before they scheduled surgery though. I'm a retired paramedic so that's the only reason I'm commenting on that.

I coached Little League baseball for a year and that was enough for me. The kids weren't the probem but the parents...well, some of them were a real PITA. I used Jeffrey's method. Any parent that wanted to to tell me who to run the team got one warning and then their child was cut from the team. I felt bad punishing the child but, if you let one parent start being the assistant coach from the stands, pretty soon they all join in. I don't know why some parents can't just sit there and shut up. :(

Speaking of spending money I don't have, I got a an Atlas UP Phase II GP-9 with DCC and sound for $157, a deal too good to pass up considering the straight DC version runs about $95 on the net. It will be my first sound equipped loco so I'm looking forward to blowing the horn and ringing the bell. :) They are supposed to be good runners also so we'll see how it mates up with my other UP DCC units.
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Steve That's not an expense, it's a capitol investment! :D
If he does not have the money in the first place, its capital DEBT... :p

Sounds like you picked a good system Steve, I LOVE NCE, besides the fact that their USB connector does not allow you to program from a computer, going to have to use one from another system.
 
Well, my son didn't get court time today, but his team won so he's happy. He did warm up with them and he got to help with statagy planning, so he contributed. Maybe court time next time...........


Phillip, it sounds like she must be on some kind of blood thinning medication so it's prudent to make sure that's cleared her system before surgery. It sounds like this is the kind of thing they should have caught before they scheduled surgery though. I'm a retired paramedic so that's the only reason I'm commenting on that.

It was one of her nerve medications I think. I don't know.....our bedside looks like a pharmacy!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
well, we got the concrete done in the basement today and the HVAC tech is comming this week to install the new heat pump and duct work (we heat with a wood stove right now) hopefully we'll start framing next weekend....i still hope to be laying track by Christmas
 
Good Morning from Tipton IN ! :D

TIPTONDEPOT.png


10-28-07

:eek:

donuts1.png
THECOFFEESHOP.png
3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawl.png
 
Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 10/28/2007

Wind Chill: 49°F
Humidity: 83%
Dew Point: 46°F

So Far Today
High: 54°F
Low: 51°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 9mph NE

Today High: 75 Mostly sunny. Highs in the mid 70s. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph.

Tonight Low: 48 Partly cloudy. Lows in the upper 40s. Northeast winds around 10 mph.

P101004.jpg
 
Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Jeffrey!

My oldest son turns 41 today. I may get the chance to embarass him at church this morning..... He, he, he! The sun is shining through some dark clouds right at the moment and shining down on the local fall colors on the trees in the neighborhood. Would make a great photo except for all the power lines and stuff in the way.

Gotta get to church, see you all later.
 
Mornin' all!

Man, I've got a big day full of nothing planned! How am I ever going to get it all done? It might even be possible that, if I can manage to not be on some unknown hunny do list (Guys, you know what I'm talking about, right? It's that list of things to do that she doesn't tell you about until the moment you sit down and get comfortable.), I might even get to work in the trainroom!

Chiily one out there right now at 36 degrees, but they're talking about 70 degrees for Wednesday. Yup, thats how it is in Indiana! We either get stuck on a weather pattern like this summer when it was like a bazzilion degrees with no rain the whole summer, or we're like now, all over the map!

temps.jpg


Well, I think I'll start off this day of nothing with a cup of coffee.

So what's up with you all?
 


Good Morning Bill , Jeffrey , Ray& Phillip It's a bright ,brisk, fall day here on the Niagara Frontier . Good day to get the remainder of the yard done. Buffalo Bills play at 1 so have to hurry . Look out Ray it says frost for your part of the state . Cooldest night of the fall season I guess. Well time for a cup of coffee and get going. You all have a reeal nice Sunday !!!! Ray big Happy Birthday to your son !!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see smiles on every one's face.
It's a beautiful day in T-town for my wife's special day (ok, me too!:D ). Today is the 41st Anniversary of our wedding vows. Wow! That's a l-o-o-o-ng time. I look back and am so thankful that we learned to adjust to our differences instead of trying to change the ways of the other...or just giving up.;)

Unfortunately, she had to work today, but that does give me a chance to fool around a bit with the trains until she gets home. hehehehe!:D
 
Hey Rex! A very happy anniversary to you and the Mrs.! You guys were married the same day as my son was born. Very cool!

Yep, Paul, we are looking at a hard freeze tonight. I just got in from gleaning the rest of the vegetables from the garden (Mostly winter squash, a few green peppers, and a handful of string beans). A very cold, stinging light rain is falling right now signaling the change. After the long, hot summer and warm fall it almost feels good. (You southern boys wouldn't understand.) I will turn up the heat tonight for the first time this fall. I have had a small fire in the wood stove every night for the last week, but tonight I think it might need a little help on towards morning. If the leaves would hurry up and fall off the trees, I could get the lawn mowed for the last time and winterize the mower. Soon I will start up the snow blower and make sure she is working right to help keep us snow free this winter......;) ;) :D
 
Rex, congratulations on the anniversary. Not many couple have made it that far in this day and age. If my late wife had lived, November 12 would have been 41 years for us too. :(

Ray, my son turned 37 this year and I thoought that was old. I hope I'm still around when he turns 40 since he always told me that people over 40 were too old to be any good for anythng. :) I hope you've had a good birthday with him.

Phillip, I know what you mean about the nightstand looking like a pharmacy. My late wife battled leukemia for a little more than two years and we could have opened a pharmacy. I'm sure her doctors are making the right decisions about her surgery and I'm looking forward, as I'm sure you are, to all this being done.

No worries about hard freezes down here. The high was 80 and the low was 50 last night. Man, just talking about getting snow blowers ready gives me the willies. :)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My late wife battled leukemia for a little more than two years and we could have opened a pharmacy.

Jim, what form of leukemia did your wife have? I lost my wife to ALL 20 years ago. Actually she died of the cure. She had a bone marrow transplant and died from Graft vs. Host disease.

BTW, I just got home from my son's B-Day party at his Mother-in-Law's house. Hope I didn't get my sugar too high...... Blood test on Tuesday morning. :eek:

I just went and turned on the heat in the living room (Through the wall Natural Gas space heater). The little unit supplies the base heat for my whole house during the winter. It is more efficient when you add in the electric fan on the main furnace so that and the wood stove provide almost all my house heat during the winter months. Man! That season between shut off the Air Conditioner and turn on the Heat is always so short........
 
Last edited by a moderator:
As Phillip said we had a very nice day here in Central IN. I got all of the deck furniture in the shed and my wife decorations stored, the mower deck off of the Kubota and the hoses drained and put away. A very productive day for me so tomorrow I may get ot work on whatever I feel like maybe even in the train room.
 
Ray, I'm really sorry to hear about your wife. Unfortunately, Jean had AML and had the worst genotypes on top of it. She had myelodysplasia for seven years before it converted to AML. She was an identical twin and could have gotten a stem cell transplant from her sister when she was still myelodysplasic. It wouldn't have cured her but she probably would have lived at least five more years. Her moron doctor told her not to worry about it and it was too late for a stem cell transplant once she flipped into AML. Since she was an identical twin, there was no risk of graft vs. host disease if it had been done earlier. I'll certainly never let any loved one get treated for a serious disease again unless it's by a a doctor who really specializes in the disease. ALL, as I'm sure you know, is much more treatable today and graft vs. host disease is more easily controlled but it's still a tough disease. I've learned a lot more about leukemia than I ever wanted to know. :(
 


Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top