Coffee Shop Part VII is now OPEN

ModelRailroadForums.com is a free Model Railroad Discussion Forum and photo gallery. We cover all scales and sizes of model railroads. Online since 2002, it's one of the oldest and largest model railroad forums on the web. Whether you're a master model railroader or just getting started, you'll find something of interest here.


Status
Not open for further replies.
ordered a new Cargowaggon railcar made by Heljan, they are used all over my area, and some decals for my yellow MOW train
5000.jpg
 


Darn pond water is cold. Since we are under a frost advisory I had to sink the water lilies into the deep end of fish pond and remove some of the parrot feather. The pond is now winterized. In a few moments my son and I are heading out to deliver Cub Scout popcorn. He did well. He wanted to sell $750 and he made $780! He can now get the fishing rod and reel kit that he wanted as a prize.

Just turned the heater on for the first time this season. I think this has to be latest for a first day of heating.

If all goes well I will be down the basement making sure the heater is working OK. Of course since my workbench is directly across from I will have to keep myself occupied while I do so.
 
Good morning.

Today's Weather for:
Sundown, LA 71446-6114 10/30/2007

Wind Chill: 51°F
Humidity: 90%
Dew Point: 49°F


So Far Today
High: 57°F
Low: 52°F
Rain: 0.00"
Rain Rate: 0.00"/h
Gust: 7mph NNE


Today High: 78 Mostly sunny. Highs in the upper 70s. Light and variable winds.



Tonight Low: 52 Partly cloudy. Lows in the lower 50s. Light and variable winds.

P1010004-10.jpg
 
Howdy coffee clubbers,

Another day of typical October weather for the Free State: Frost in the morning, shirtsleeves by noon! Still need a few more good soaking rains though, to counteract the draught.

Not feeling very motivated to do much of anything on the layout, I think I've got the "armchair blues". This too shall pass, I'm hoping.
 
Good morning folks

Another brisk morning today with a temperature of 37 F as I rolled out of drive. We will get to 63 F before the day is out.

I began weathering the wheels and trucks on the Accurail Lehigh Valley and Penn Central boxcars, the Bev-Bel SCL boxcar, and the Athearn RTR N&W boxcar.

Tonight will be strange; no football practice and no school events. What will we do?

I hope everybody has a good day.
 
Morning all!

Check this out!

Today: Sunny and warmer - High: 68

Tonight: Clear and not as cold - Low: 44

And tomorrow looks like it might be 70! Here, in Indiana, on Halloween, 70!

That'll work!

So, I've got a huge pile of schoolwork sitting here, I've got tons of work to do, and I've got family issues to contend with........what to do first? Oh, COFFEE!

What's up with you all?
 


Good Morning ! Looks like a few fellas along the bar Flo , I'll have a cup of coffee and rye toast . It's sunny here in Buffalo . Tom still haven't turned on the heat . Latest I can remember .It was 60 in my dinning room yesterday and 31 outside. Well gotta get going . You all have a real nice day !!! Sorry there Alco but I enjoy the four seasons and don't run to the warm climate in the winter like some of my fellow Northeners !!!!!!!!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
:) Morning, my northern brothers! Got some of you beat with a low of 38 last night. Ha! It's now 51 with a high for today of 72. Doesn't mean much, as the cold air is moving back out and up to you.

Philip, I still remember "trick or treating" in (Clinton)Terre Haute when I was around 5. I was always bundled up and still froze my little hinney.:D My 8 years older brother always got stuck with taking me, but I learned how to throw corn on porches:eek: . Ha!

Not any modeling today with company coming. I did get a new tree farm planted yesterday and they should be ready to harvest for replanting in a couple of days.
 
Mornin' Bill!

Mornin' Jeffrey!

Mornin' Ken L!

Mornin' Tom! Enjoy your "night off".

Mornin' Philip!

Mornin' Paul! Yep I too like the North. In fact winter is my favorite season. A lot easier to drive up here in the Winter. All the potholes are filled with snow. Not to mention all the snowbirds have flown south...... Besides, if it gets too bad outside ya just snuggle in near the wood stove and relax.

Mornin' Rex! Sounds like a nice day down there!

Another nice crisp Fall day here in the Finger Lakes. 53°F outside right now with lots of sun. Just took my son (and Granddaughter) out to breakfast to celebrate a couple days after his birthday and to celebrate my getting a blood draw this morning. Now I can raid the Halloween candy without too much guilt....
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Mornin' all!

Nice quiet morning around here, puntuated only by the sounds of fire trucks, police cars and 18 wheelers on the interstate illegally using their "jake brakes" to slow down coming through here, (speed limit is 70, used to be 60).


Good morning folks...


Tonight will be strange; no football practice and no school events. What will we do?

I hope everybody has a good day.

Sounds like you need a hobby Tom!:) May I suggest string collecting!:D;)
 
Hi Gang: It's been awhile. I almost didn't find the place. It does look good decked out for us guys. We've been up to our eyebrows in work the last few months. I haven't been able to do any HO MRRing execpt order a Twin Cities HI from Walthers. I've got a connection to get Walthers stuff at dealers cost plus tax. The dang governor has to get his hands into everything.
Hey KenL, have you built that river class bulk freighter yet?
Well I guess I'd better get going. I have to put the hay forks on the tractor and start hauling hay into the hay lot.
Take care everyone.
 
Afternoon, everyone. Rex, it's sure a lot cooler in T-Town than down here. Our low was ony 47 but the wind made it feel cooler. It's 77 now so life is tough. :)

I'm going to start adding details to my new P2K GP-7 and repainting the Walthers errors. It's a great engine and the sound is fantastic but you'd think Walthers could get the truck colors right. :(

Ray, I remember when it was a lot easier to drive in Cleveland when it snowed because the potholes were finally smooth. :) It was hell to pay in the spring though.

Paul, putting hayforks on tractors and hauling hay sounds like too much work but I'll bet driving the tractor arouns is fun. :).

I hope everyone has a good day.
 


Evening all,,,,,,,,,, Good day at work today, for a change,,, i got the lazy dude moved off my section, he was pulling everyone down so i binned him, feel better now.
Anyway just got my new railcar, the cargowaggon, it's a stunner, just waiting for the NCE powercab to come and were rocking,,, i may have to order the three DCC sound chips i still require,,, [insert legs going wobbly with excitement]smiley[/], pity i only have half the layout left,, it'll do till i rebuild in NZ, bigger and better than ever before, Fancy an op session Ken i'll get the Speights in
 
Status
Not open for further replies.




Affiliate Disclosure: We may receive a commision from some of the links and ads shown on this website (Learn More Here)

Back
Top